Heierrat Mage

User suggestions to improve the game

Heierrat Mage

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:12 pm

So I've been trying this card out and well...is it me, or does she leave plenty to be desired?

Flare: won't save you vs. Lawtia Rush/Lycans because they'll just drop a rats and wipe your board before you have a chance to hit them with flare.
Gowen rush: with Axe, Sam Girl, and perhaps GP Yuni around, this is more a case of paying 1 SP to hit combat monk and HBH as opposed to their level 3. Just doesn't seem particularly worth it.

The rank up:
40 attack for a level 3 is plenty fine. At the same time, in a merc nation file (the only one worth using her in), she'll usually have enough range to hit their entire board anyway. However, she's awfully squishy for a level 3, only second to scrub zero and Femiel.

IMO 2 changes could be in order:

1) Change rankup to +20 HP instead of +10 atk/+1 rng
2) Make flare hit all units whose levels are lower than Hei Mage's. This would open up synergies with vanilla prim and heierrat horsie.

Conclusion: no wonder everyone goes for revolver bladesman instead of this girl. However, I only have one bladesman :*(
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Heierrat Mage

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Just cuz u mentioned scrub zero, I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for zero is included. =P

And I've seen a Merc Nation file wreck with Heierrat mage included. There was like five units on the field.
Callonia

Postby Metallix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Because you mentioned Femiel I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for Femiel are included.
Metallix

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Callonia wrote:Just cuz u mentioned scrub zero, I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for zero is included. =P

And I've seen a Merc Nation file wreck with Heierrat mage included. There was like five units on the field.

Agi reduced to 3 atk raised to 30, range raised to 3. That way, she doesn't get nommed by 1337 fencer. Happy?

Femiel: Agi reduced to 3, HP increased to 30.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Metallix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Works for me.
Metallix

Postby Zanador » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Because you didnt mention Mystere...
Hm, thinking about this card.. i think she was rather meant to be a pure gowen partner for Ex Primrose. Both girls have RankUp at 6, open skill and all, both Merc nation, and like this, Heierrat Mage could do 50 nuke to a field of lvl3-4.. similar to cyclone of course, but its monocolor. Also, since you arent using cyclone, you could do this while you have units on the field too.
I can also imagine this combo along with an Animus opening and Crest Spy on the field with the two nukers.. Charlie's Angels gone bad :twisted:
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Mystere: drop both action skills to 1 SP.

Anyhow...EX Prim's open is terribad now. So that combo's gone more or less. I was thinking Heierrat Horseman without needing to go to rank 6. So far, it's worked out pretty mehtastically, because Merc Nation doesn't have a 3rd level 3 non-squishy to go along with Broadsword and Fierte.

Demongod

Postby fargone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm

I will ignore all attempts at comparing cards from different spheres and with different roles here and say this: Heierrart mage has proven to be a very successful unit in my files.

Her ability to wipe out rush files is amazing. This is her job and she does it well.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Multi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:26 pm

amazon, level 3, gowen, 1rng, 20hp. yay.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Nah the mage fine as is, just use fairy dance and she'll take a hit.
"While Retear in his previous state was certainly powerful, we felt that his skill set was not particularly satisfying to use..." A.K.A. he was too Refess for Refess.
GOSCAR

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau