Heierrat Mage

User suggestions to improve the game

Heierrat Mage

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:12 pm

So I've been trying this card out and well...is it me, or does she leave plenty to be desired?

Flare: won't save you vs. Lawtia Rush/Lycans because they'll just drop a rats and wipe your board before you have a chance to hit them with flare.
Gowen rush: with Axe, Sam Girl, and perhaps GP Yuni around, this is more a case of paying 1 SP to hit combat monk and HBH as opposed to their level 3. Just doesn't seem particularly worth it.

The rank up:
40 attack for a level 3 is plenty fine. At the same time, in a merc nation file (the only one worth using her in), she'll usually have enough range to hit their entire board anyway. However, she's awfully squishy for a level 3, only second to scrub zero and Femiel.

IMO 2 changes could be in order:

1) Change rankup to +20 HP instead of +10 atk/+1 rng
2) Make flare hit all units whose levels are lower than Hei Mage's. This would open up synergies with vanilla prim and heierrat horsie.

Conclusion: no wonder everyone goes for revolver bladesman instead of this girl. However, I only have one bladesman :*(
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: Heierrat Mage

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Just cuz u mentioned scrub zero, I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for zero is included. =P

And I've seen a Merc Nation file wreck with Heierrat mage included. There was like five units on the field.
Callonia

Postby Metallix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Because you mentioned Femiel I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for Femiel are included.
Metallix

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Callonia wrote:Just cuz u mentioned scrub zero, I will deny all buffs to heierrat mage until buffs for zero is included. =P

And I've seen a Merc Nation file wreck with Heierrat mage included. There was like five units on the field.

Agi reduced to 3 atk raised to 30, range raised to 3. That way, she doesn't get nommed by 1337 fencer. Happy?

Femiel: Agi reduced to 3, HP increased to 30.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Metallix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Works for me.
Metallix

Postby Zanador » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Because you didnt mention Mystere...
Hm, thinking about this card.. i think she was rather meant to be a pure gowen partner for Ex Primrose. Both girls have RankUp at 6, open skill and all, both Merc nation, and like this, Heierrat Mage could do 50 nuke to a field of lvl3-4.. similar to cyclone of course, but its monocolor. Also, since you arent using cyclone, you could do this while you have units on the field too.
I can also imagine this combo along with an Animus opening and Crest Spy on the field with the two nukers.. Charlie's Angels gone bad :twisted:
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Mystere: drop both action skills to 1 SP.

Anyhow...EX Prim's open is terribad now. So that combo's gone more or less. I was thinking Heierrat Horseman without needing to go to rank 6. So far, it's worked out pretty mehtastically, because Merc Nation doesn't have a 3rd level 3 non-squishy to go along with Broadsword and Fierte.

Demongod

Postby fargone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm

I will ignore all attempts at comparing cards from different spheres and with different roles here and say this: Heierrart mage has proven to be a very successful unit in my files.

Her ability to wipe out rush files is amazing. This is her job and she does it well.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Multi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:26 pm

amazon, level 3, gowen, 1rng, 20hp. yay.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Nah the mage fine as is, just use fairy dance and she'll take a hit.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau