Heierrat Mage

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Heierrat Mage

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

imortal12233 wrote:
GOSCAR wrote:then how bout making it auto? but if its auto i ask for her hp to be 40.

let's look at another 1* in refress that generates SP:
kasaran pasaran (or however you spell it, has 10 hp, reuires you to have 2 SP in order to gain 1.

comparing to your miffyre, which has same agi, 40 hp (according to your buff), and doesn't require anything to gain you SP.
too big a jump.
GOSCAR wrote:so are u impling that high rarity cards be on equal footing as 1star?

generally, the jump shouldn't be that big. 5* should open more variety in files, not just be strictly better in every way (especially not to a 1* that does see play).

yeah but i also said that they make it lv 2 but if u must y not make it lv 3 fair trade?
and for the rarity thing i was talkin about the SS.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Rarity shouldn't play a part in a card's balance--PERIOD.

What if there was a 5-star ball of flame that did 20 initial damage, but pay 1 more for 40 extra damage, and you didn't even need to have Gowen 5?

Oh look, rarity means it should be better!

No. That would literally turn Alteil into a "buy your way to victory". The kind of precedent you're going for is preposterous. Rarity means different. It shouldn't mean "LULZ MY 5-STAR >>> YOUR 1-STAR!"

Anyhow, back to Heierrat Mage. No more talk about Miffyre. She's amazing as it stands to allow you to rush down level 3s instead of level 2s.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:16 pm

Demongod wrote:Rarity shouldn't play a part in a card's balance--PERIOD.

What if there was a 5-star ball of flame that did 20 initial damage, but pay 1 more for 40 extra damage, and you didn't even need to have Gowen 5?

Oh look, rarity means it should be better!

No. That would literally turn Alteil into a "buy your way to victory". The kind of precedent you're going for is preposterous. Rarity means different. It shouldn't mean "LULZ MY 5-STAR >>> YOUR 1-STAR!"

Anyhow, back to Heierrat Mage. No more talk about Miffyre. She's amazing as it stands to allow you to rush down level 3s instead of level 2s.

lol rarity should play some part in balance because if it wasn't what's the point for 5 star, just hard cards to acquire that any 1 star could do the same thing and money doesn't necessary mean you buy your way to victory that is an ignorant comment.

And have you thought about Sunbeam Cage its helpful since mage gets rng as auto!

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Seriously doubt Sunbeam Cage would help. For one, it would be completely useless against Refess. Second, all you're doing is spending 2 SP (initial 4) to do what? Get a free turn to attack with one unit? There's a lot of other cards you could use that SP on (BoF, Fire Arrow, another unit) which are more likely to be useful, both for that turn and as a card in your 25 card file.

As for the Miffyre suggestion, the stats (lvl 3, hp 40, auto skill sp+1) look ok, but she would lost her purpose of doing a lvl 3 rush (which I think is a pretty nice option to have). The SS (no conditions SP+3) is too strong as well. If you look at other 5* SS, there's no example of higher rarities having stronger SS than normal ones (the Verlaat example was not such a case). They might have SS that are a bit unique and could be potentially strong in the right conditions/files, but they don't take a 1* SS and do a stronger version of it just for 5*. And if you really want to pursue this suggestion, you should make a separate thread for it to get more replies from other forum goers ;th2 (and to stay on topic).

Anyway, I lack any experience with using Heierrat Mage (due to lack of Merc Nation units), but from the looks of it, even without her ability she would be a decent ranged unit for Merc Nations. They have solid frontline with the trio (Fierte, Revolver, and Army/Broadsword), and the other ranged unit Rifleman is a bit squishier and slower.
crimsonshade

Postby garcia1000 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 pm

GOSCAR wrote:lol rarity should play some part in balance because if it wasn't what's the point for 5 star, just hard cards to acquire that any 1 star could do the same thing and money doesn't necessary mean you buy your way to victory that is an ignorant comment.

lol
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby imortal12233 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:38 pm

rare cards could be better than common cards...
but not because they are rare.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Demongod » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 pm

garcia1000 wrote:
GOSCAR wrote:lol rarity should play some part in balance because if it wasn't what's the point for 5 star, just hard cards to acquire that any 1 star could do the same thing and money doesn't necessary mean you buy your way to victory that is an ignorant comment.

lol

To answer GOSCAR's question: no, they shouldn't do it better. They should do it differently. If at any point there ever comes a 5-star card that is brainlessly better than a card of lower rarity, either the lower rarity card should be buffed to the point that it's better than the 5-star in some cases, or the 5-star should be nerfed.

For instance, consider Folrart standard bearer's buff. He's actually better with morning lycans now than Verlaat is, because of his added +10 df bonus. At the same time, Verlaat is better with EM because it allows Weissvogel's bonus to go off consistently.

Anyhow, in terms of Heierrat Mage, it just doesn't seem like she really has a good role. For a level 3 unit, she's incredibly squishy (30 HP), and her added range and damage seem like they're completely redundant. I mean she already gets some very considerable range from her innate ability, and already deals 40 damage.

As for flare, am I the only one that thinks this ability is completely paradoxical? I mean if you're running an aggressive, low-level Gowen file (merc nation has nothing above level 4, most of their stuff is level 1 and 3), how is it that your opponent is swarming you to the point that you need to use flare rather than one-shotting their critters with broadsword powered up by rifleman knight or hei mage or a yuni buffed unit?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby crimsonshade » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:09 am

Demongod wrote:As for flare, am I the only one that thinks this ability is completely paradoxical? I mean if you're running an aggressive, low-level Gowen file (merc nation has nothing above level 4, most of their stuff is level 1 and 3), how is it that your opponent is swarming you to the point that you need to use flare rather than one-shotting their critters with broadsword powered up by rifleman knight or hei mage or a yuni buffed unit?

Fierte rush files just might be able to do that (i've done it a lot of times). Or just normal rat rush with well-timed SS, and somehow your frontliners all die. Mage's ability would be pretty handy in these situations.

But yeah, if you're already well set up and in control of the game, then this skill isn't really gonna see much use I suppose.
crimsonshade

Postby MTCosta » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:24 am

GOSCAR wrote:lol rarity should play some part in balance because if it wasn't what's the point for 5 star

To get your money. Serious post.
MTCosta

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 am

MTCosta wrote:
GOSCAR wrote:lol rarity should play some part in balance because if it wasn't what's the point for 5 star

To get your money. Serious post.

LOL :lol:

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau