getting more EXP when losing battles

User suggestions to improve the game

getting more EXP when losing battles

Postby Noria » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 pm

as the title says that´s something i personally would appreciate and im sure a lot of new players would like a more effective EXP-system as well.

and before you even start posting that: no, i dont want this because i suck so hard i lose all the time, but because it is REALLY hard and very frustrating getting to lets say level 30 and onwards when reaching folrart with the starter file + the few level up cards you earned before being thrown into the major battle grounds.

after getting into folrart you will lose most battles with these cards and only get 1 EXP after a 5-10 minutes struggle, therefore it´s not that much of a surprise people ragequit the game pretty quickly when reaching folrart.

so i would at least suggest some sort of EXP-scaling and not just a system that goes "lose=no EXP harharhar".

leveling up is a good motivation to all players and therefore should be somewhat easier for newcomers at least, somewhat like:

if a level 18 iczer loses to a level 20 iczer he will get very little EXP of course, he got a fair chance to win as they were both at an equal stadium of the game. sure, the level 20 iczer could have bought gran and therefore have a much better file, but you get the point i guess, this is not the regular case and of course paying members always got an advantage over those who play for free in the beginning.

but if mentioned iczer loses against a level 40 or higher player he should get some more EXP seriously, in most situations in which you run against a high level player when getting to folrart it will result in you losing the battle and then getting NOTHING. thats simply frustrating in the long shot, some sort of scaling would help out motivating more players to stick to the game.
Noria

Re: getting more EXP when losing battles

Postby ErnnLaties » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

another idea is to get some exp or FM from playing against special NPCs - maybe quest system!!
ErnnLaties

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Questo systemu kawai ner !! ~ nyu
;zagar

This was brought up so damn often in the past. Q_Q
I agree though, more [glitter][blink]>>>>>>LOSER<<<<<<[/blink][/glitter] xp should be rewarded.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Noria wrote:because it is REALLY hard and very frustrating getting to lets say level 30 and onwards when reaching folrart with the starter file + the few level up cards you earned before being thrown into the major battle grounds.

I feel like free players think that getting cards = immediate great advantages. Not necessarily the case. Maybe if you get like 3x Bringer, 3x Shin, Sergis, Lebeau, Diodora etc.. But generally it just gives you more options, which doesn't necessarily give you a stronger file. Folrart is hard even if you buy cards.

Trust me, I got to level 51 over the past 2 months after sinking $80 bucks into the game... and out of all the cards I got, most of them aren't any more useful than the ones you have in your starter. Just try to focus on improving and learn at least 1 thing from each of your losing matches.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Noria » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Peralisc2 wrote: Q_Q

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Trust me, I got to level 51 over the past 2 months after sinking $80 bucks into the game... and out of all the cards I got, most of them aren't any more useful than the ones you have in your starter. Just try to focus on improving and learn at least 1 thing from each of your losing matches.

thats exactly what i didnt want this thread to go for, this is not meant as a complain because i am annoyed by this system but as a general statement, the "you dont get EXP if you lose"-system that applies to Alteil right now is simply an unnecessaryily frustrating factor in this game that could be improved.

i didnt want to start a "free players should get more stuff to keep them in the game" topic but i wanted to state that it in fact is REALLY hard to get up in level even if you spent money on the game as you said yourself.

considering the game is running since 2008 there are so many high ranked players that mow newcomers right away without even giving them a chance to level up as you get negligible 1 EXP for losing.

in my eyes thats just crappy and it would help players´ motivation to get more EXP over time in the ranks of level 15 to lets say 40. being thrown into folrart at level 15 is hard enough anyways, having a fair chance of leveling up by a somewhat balanced system that considers iczer´s levels should provide you some hope of getting anywhere in the near future.
Noria

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

No! That's wrong either way. 1 XP / loss is just low.

And i don't know why you mentioned levels 15 to 40 to get the extra only. Do you believe you get a card every level?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 pm

You're right, my bad! Back to on topic, I kinda agree. 1XP is relatively meaningless. If you want more though, justifying anything over 10XP would be impossible. Perhaps aiming in the 3-6 range would be a good thing to ask for?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Noria » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:No! That's wrong either way. 1 XP / loss is just low.

And i don't know why you mentioned levels 15 to 40 to get the extra only. Do you believe you get a card every level?

i didnt pick that scale to state that you should only get the extra EXP for this level range, it is just the level range that came to my mind where you got the "yay level up lets go for it" area for new players. "loser EXP" should be scaled in general, but i think it mostly affects the newcomers rather than the highranked players of level 80+.

starting into folrart should be more enjoyable this way, thats why i picked this random level 15 to 40 scale as that is probably the time range in which you make up your mind about either sticking to the game or not.

EDIT: duuuuuuuuh :roll:

no i dont think/i know you dont get a card every level, thanks for reminding though :?
Noria

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 pm

The Q_Q wasn't about this issue. It was about the repetitiveness of this topic!

It was brought up so often in the past and every one of these threads requesting extra XP had their own falvors of convincingness, yet none of them managed to finally make the GMs listen and bring a change.

I agree with the extra XP and so do many others. But the issue starts after getting the agreement votes ...
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:00 am

1 EXP is meaningless?

Play 1000 games at 60%.

400 EXP is 1 level between 70 and 80.

Not exactly bad for all those times you stunk it up.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau