getting more EXP when losing battles

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: getting more EXP when losing battles

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 am

maybe it ain't so bad, because if you make it really easy to level up, there would be less of a distinction between casual gamers and those who already reached level 100+, and I don't think we want everyone to be level 100+, cuz it's just intimidating to go up against someone like that...
ErnnLaties

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:15 am

Demongod wrote:1 EXP is meaningless?

Well, I said relatively meaningless

Demongod wrote:Play 1000 games at 60%.
400 EXP is 1 level between 70 and 80.

Oh sure, just go play 1000 games. Sure thing.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Noria » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:maybe it ain't so bad, because if you make it really easy to level up, there would be less of a distinction between casual gamers and those who already reached level 100+, and I don't think we want everyone to be level 100+, cuz it's just intimidating to go up against someone like that...

sure it would be kinda mean for those who got up that far by now, but as suggested the EXP-scaling would only seriously affect "lower" levels, as when you are getting up in rank you will reach a point where your +EXP when losing would rather "negate" itself/be very low... when reaching lets say level 70 or onwards you will probably meet players that are on a lower level than yourself most of the time, thus you wouldnt get extra EXP anymore.

like this it would still grant everyone who got a high level the fame he deserves, but still make starting off into folrart easier/more enjoyable ;)

sorry if this topic was brought up before, still if it pops up every now and then GMs might see that a lot of people would support it.
Noria

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 pm

i think really the exp isn't that big of a deal, just we all want free 4* - 5* cards from leveling up! gimme more more! ;a33
ErnnLaties

Postby TLHM » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

This should happen I feel, but then it'd be really silly if the winner gets less exp than the loser (low lv vs lv90 ish)
TLHM

Postby Noria » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:04 pm

TLHM wrote:This should happen I feel, but then it'd be really silly if the winner gets less exp than the loser (low lv vs lv90 ish)

yeah there should be some sort of cap thats true, like after calculating the MAX EXP you can get is still 5 or something, at least a whole lot more than only 1 EXP but still not exceeding a rational value
Noria

Postby Phenoca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm

The point is not how many games you have played. It is how much time you invested into the game.

If you take 12 LP off of a 13 LP opponent, then it takes much more time than, say, Peralisc's three-turn Scylla self-destruct.

That a 3-turn loss and a 29-turn loss equate to the same thing is wrong.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Did you just say that my suicide deck values or should value less? D:

:cry: :cry:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 am

Phenoca wrote:The point is not how many games you have played. It is how much time you invested into the game.

If you take 12 LP off of a 13 LP opponent, then it takes much more time than, say, Peralisc's three-turn Scylla self-destruct.

That a 3-turn loss and a 29-turn loss equate to the same thing is wrong.

People could end up abusing this system by prolonging battles that need not be prolonged, or making files that do nothing more than stall as well. Well, all in all, it's not really a terribly important thing to have more xp anyways.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 am

I can definitely see Pera's lose-fast file farming EXP then.

I do wonder something though...don't you already get exp and FM for pressing the give up button?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau