More significant bonus events

User suggestions to improve the game

More significant bonus events

Postby Multi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm

In almost every single MMO i've played in the past and recently, there have been specific events, that happen relatively often no matter which MMO. They usually occur around every 2-6 weeks.

These events are:

2x XP (for 2-6 hour periods once or twice a day)
2x gold (for 2-6 hour periods once or twice a day) for us it'd be FM
x% bonus increase in cash charging, i.e. $30 = 3600 gran, with event $30 = 3600 gran x +20-30% event = 4320-4680gran. Of course I know there's already a bonus in larger gran charges, but event increases would apply to all amounts.
2x increased rarity bonus (this one specifically for the lottos in other games) yes, 2x, not 10% increase, or 20% increase or whatever we might use here.

So why can't we have such events as well? It increases activity at a relatively small price to the company, and because XP and FM isn't even that important between players in matches, having the 2x events wouldn't really throw any balance/metas out of whack.

It was nice having that 2x gran mirage master the other month and appreciated, but come on, that was laughably pathetic. I've been doing MM for almost 8 or 9 months now, and that was the first and only 2x gran for MM I'd ever seen, not to mention it was for only 1 game so realistically the most people would've gained extra was 20gran, but more likely 15gran. Something like that should be weekly, like every weekend or every sunday.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Re: More significant bonus events

Postby Metallix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Honestly it would be nice if they had that double MM gran every friday.

Along with a 5 of 7 every week.
Metallix

Postby Multi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Metallix wrote:Honestly it would be nice if they had that double MM gran every friday.

5 of 7 is a little too rewarding to have every week. That's more of a once a month or once every 2 month kind of thing, considering we have other events that give free 5 point cards. 60 point cards a year seems fairly reasonable to me.
Multi

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:06 pm

That shows just how you play RPGs. For example some of us do about two level 70 chars and two of level 30 and then quit fast if level cap is at 100. Oh and almost forgot they grow those chars in about 2 months, then get bored and move on. Very low XP rate means they won't even touch the crap.

60 / year?! Only satisfing for those who hang out elsewhere.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Metallix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Multi wrote:
Metallix wrote:Honestly it would be nice if they had that double MM gran every friday.

5 of 7 is a little too rewarding to have every week. That's more of a once a month or once every 2 month kind of thing, considering we have other events that give free 5 point cards. 60 point cards a year seems fairly reasonable to me.

their goes any credibility you would have otherwise had.

60 a year is nowhere near enough thats basically 1 5 star a year.
Metallix

Postby Multi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:That shows just how you play RPGs. For example some of us do about two level 70 chars and two of level 30 and then quit fast if level cap is at 100. Oh and almost forgot they grow those chars in about 2 months, then get bored and move on. Very low XP rate means they won't even touch the crap.

60 / year?! Only satisfing for those who hang out elsewhere.

Well, not only mmorpgs, but you know i play pangya, the mmogolf game. It also has 2x xp, pang (gold), and 2x rarity up events for lotto and a bunch of other significant events that probably are equivalent to our treasure battles. They also have no real level cap, and levels do not necessarily do anything for the characters other than the ability to have less penalty when going over a certain amount of power (which isn't even necessary and sometimes hurtful on some courses), and level reqs for certain costumes.

But realistically, there's no real big reason we couldn't have such events here as well, and they wouldn't hurt the game whatsoever in any significant way, and would increase traffic by 2-3x probably. I also know that if there were bonus gran purchasing events, I personally would jump and spend to buy gran even if I didn't plan on buying gran at all originally. They get many more purchases from players who didn't intent to buy, and all they give up is an extra 20-30% of infinite money they have, which will probably end up as cards that get recycled anyways due to our rarity rates.

As for 60 point cards a year, i was only refering to events like 5 of 7 and participation events. I personally think you should be able to grind out point cards with FM, because FM is so absurdedly useless with our current system, and the point card giveaways are just a huge gigantic bandaid that have forever banished ALL hope of a point card repricing forever. Buying cards with point cards should be based on how MUCH you play, and not by how many events you happen to toss your 2min into.
Multi

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:00 pm

Don't worry, its only Metallix credit. You don't want that.

If they had 5 of 7 every week, they'd probably have to tone the prizes down a bit.. although I do think it would be a good way to make more activity in the game happen.

That being said, it could also end up being a chore.. which would be bad. So for now its good as it is.

As for bonus events.. sure more would be better, especially rarity events in my opinion.. but i don't really see much of that happening.
luckysvn777

Postby Multi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh, that reminds me, in pangya, they have 3 kinds of lotteries.

There's the gacha, which is a cash lotto where you buy tokens to play, and there's the scratchy lotto, which you receive tickets for every $1 you spend, and then there's the pang lotto, where you use in game money to play.

That made me think of point cards in a way, the scratchy lotto. It's been suggested at least 2 or 3 times in the past 9 months, but perhaps there could be something like that here? On pangya you get a scratchy ticket for every $1 you spend, maybe for alteil you could get 1 point card for every dollar or 2 you spend? Then it'd be like, if you buy basically 2 boxes worth of gran, you can also get a "guaranteed 5*" or use those point cards you get to fill out the 3* or 4*s you might've been unable to complete. Of course, the main reason to not do this is purely greed, so that you would continue to have to buy packs or boxes just to complete sets of 4-5 cards and recycle the other 50-60 cards.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 am

Permanent 5 of 7 would truly be nice. 12 weeks for a 5-star is already rare enough. 36 weeks if you want a playset. 52 weeks in a year. And that's for one file only.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Multi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 am

Demongod wrote:Permanent 5 of 7 would truly be nice. 12 weeks for a 5-star is already rare enough. 36 weeks if you want a playset. 52 weeks in a year. And that's for one file only.

well, generally you'd figure that in a year, you'd have gotten a 4* or 5* in your level ups by then if you were playing enough to warrant earning a 5*, and you'd generally get at least another 5* or 2 from lotto, and then some from packs if you're a paying player.

There aren't really that many 5*'s in comparison to 3*'s, which can be almost as hard to complete because of their numbers.
Multi

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau