More significant bonus events

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: More significant bonus events

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:50 am

Demongod wrote:Permanent 5 of 7 would truly be nice. 12 weeks for a 5-star is already rare enough. 36 weeks if you want a playset. 52 weeks in a year. And that's for one file only.

Yah really.

There is no thumb up option for forum posts, so i have to quote and say i agree.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 am

Multi wrote:
Demongod wrote:Permanent 5 of 7 would truly be nice. 12 weeks for a 5-star is already rare enough. 36 weeks if you want a playset. 52 weeks in a year. And that's for one file only.

well, generally you'd figure that in a year, you'd have gotten a 4* or 5* in your level ups by then if you were playing enough to warrant earning a 5*, and you'd generally get at least another 5* or 2 from lotto, and then some from packs if you're a paying player.

There aren't really that many 5*'s in comparison to 3*'s, which can be almost as hard to complete because of their numbers.

Also true. However, there aren't too many good 3-stars.

Some are excellent. Most you'd have to look up.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Multi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 am

Demongod wrote:
Multi wrote:

well, generally you'd figure that in a year, you'd have gotten a 4* or 5* in your level ups by then if you were playing enough to warrant earning a 5*, and you'd generally get at least another 5* or 2 from lotto, and then some from packs if you're a paying player.

There aren't really that many 5*'s in comparison to 3*'s, which can be almost as hard to complete because of their numbers.

Also true. However, there aren't too many good 3-stars.

Some are excellent. Most you'd have to look up.

Really? I dunno how you can argue how many 1*'s aren't good and paying players have so and so advantage and then say there aren't too many good 3*'s. Even in comparison, I think the ratio of good 3*'s is higher than the ratio of excellent 5*'s

3*'s that are generally desirable as units or SS
Lapierre
Zuga
Soul Bind
Le Beau
Merciless Death
Kurina
Panther Soul
Fire Tornado
Mystere
Lavende
Blessing
Judgement Hammer
Dalos
XXXX
Sacrifice
Pure Terror
Bazgar
Fairy Dance
Ignition
Dub Rido
Femiel
Wrath of Constellations
Shear Winds
Orfen
Final One / Arius
Aegis
Riza
Primrose
Addition
Snaf
Aurora

Actually I give up at set 3, I pretty much only omitted 5 or 6 cards, and even those have their uses or had their uses at some point or in some files. 3*'s are generally, have the best ratio of rarity to usefulness imo.

5*s on the otherhand, plenty that aren't too useful just because of their rarity and the other cards they require to be useful.
Verlaat, without weiss, I don't think i've ever seen him used as a unit.
Advent
Proposition
Eskatia outside of EN
Strike Samurai / Thunderbolt SS only
Elena SS only
Larut SS only
Retear, very limited use
Haven't even seen Ernst used
Alphonce, SS only
Beast hunter rivera, people thought she'd be great, but her skill was actually much more difficult to use successfully than thought.
Volified
Resource SS only
Zalzagul, I don't see people complain about him being op or too many using him either

As units, for the most part, many of the 5*'s aren't clamored over.
Then there's the new 5*'s that I'm not really familar with.

There are entire files that are composed of 3*'s, or 3*'s and 2*'s, and of course, many files are comprised mostly of staple 1*'s. 4*'s are also very good cards, even better than most 5*'s imo, or rather more of them are good than 5*'s.

Back on topic, I'm still holding out on a structured point card pricing system where if you have more copies of a card, the cost is cheaper to complete it. This suggestion was the one that seemed to appeal the most to the GMs as they said it was very similar to the system they were thinking of as well SEVERAL months ago.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 am

Rivera's a magnet, for just about anything. That's why she's not so fantastic--because you're essentially forced to gun her down. The problem being is that most files simply don't have room for random decoy cards.

As for 1-stars, yeah, there are quite a few good ones.

As for Kurina being a generally desirable unit, I actually disagree. Sure, she's fantastic on the field as a level 2, however, I dare say that she's extremely inefficient as something that takes up 2-3 slots of 25 in your file. This is the reason I replaced 2x Kurina/spores with a simple 1x buncle. With buncle, you get to dropping whatever it is you wanted to drop one turn earlier anyway.

It also sometimes really helps when you backlash their buncle...isn't that right, Oto?

As for rarer cards...Eskatia makes EN. Annarose makes Lawt Rush. As for Dalos, Dalos is just bad. For one level less and one SP more on the active, you wipe their whole board, straight up, no questions asked, with a fail. Just be sure to draw out their magic bolt/salamanders eariler.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

I just want to say that Demongod comes up with great nicknames for units
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby alvisto » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 am

+2
alvisto

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 pm

;th2 ;th2 ;th2
crimsonshade

Postby Multi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

too bad this thread wasn't really about more 5 of 7 events, and if such a thing ever came to pass, then the prizes for real events would become laughable.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby MiniMetal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Your saying that like the fact that the prizes only go to 1-5 people actually mean they effect the majority of us at all in the slightest.

5 of 7 should be every week it would really work to increase the player base having people who want it play a game every day.
MiniMetal

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Multi wrote:too bad this thread wasn't really about more 5 of 7 events, and if such a thing ever came to pass, then the prizes for real events would become laughable.

-1 rep points

Raising metal's rep points too much won't do any good.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau