Picture List of Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Picture List of Cards

Postby Malayna » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:59 pm

We have the card list in written form, but is there a picture list that includes the short blurb as to the description of the card? Any links appreciated. Thanks.
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Re: Picture List of Cards

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 pm

That would be a great addition!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

No where but in game, at the moment, can you see the extra text. On a sort of side note we have noticed a lot of people like the Point Card redeemer for card viewing as you don't have to keep opening and closing windows.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 am

Is there anything in the mix for at least making the cards easier to read? Someone like me without point cards can't use that method. And having to open/close tabs is highly annoying.

Please do something :cry:
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Postby Otonashi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 am

Hmm... With permission from the GMs, I could probably whip up a small program in Visual Basic that could do something like that. It doesn't seem too hard, but then again, nothing does until you get halfway done and find that one little mistake that makes you have to redo the whole thing. <.<
Otonashi

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Otonashi wrote:Hmm... With permission from the GMs, I could probably whip up a small program in Visual Basic that could do something like that. It doesn't seem too hard, but then again, nothing does until you get halfway done and find that one little mistake that makes you have to redo the whole thing. <.<

GMs, any comment? Would really help not only current players but also attract new players if they can easily see the cards (and face it, put in a search option for "female cards", that'll get people :P)

BTW, Otonashi, I know what you mean. I had a few pages long code once that was busted cause of a semicolon :(
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Postby Otonashi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:03 pm

I could make it filter male/female cards. <.< Some people wanted to be able to filter by artist, too. I could make a filter system similar to what is on the card list here with those two added on and anything else people want, really. I could include flavour text, too. Coding the thing should only take a week or so if I put my mind to it, but inputting all of the cards will take forever (especially flavour text) unless I get some help. I could probably set it up to read from a .txt, and then people can work on bits on their own that I can easily make the program read from, and that would make it much easier to update too. Course, if I added images to it, that would be a whole different story. The .txt would have to include the name of the image file, they'd have to be stored separate from the program (in a folder nearby, or something) and it would significantly increase the size of the program. Plus, I dunno if the GMs would want all of their card images stored on an external program. (If I go with the .txt method, then the images would also be stored in their own folder and wouldn't be a part of the program itself. I could make the images part of the actual program which would make it harder for users to take the card images for their own uses, but really, I'd only be stopping them from doing anything they couldn't already do with the online card list.)

>.> See, now that I'm getting some details worked out, this project is getting much bigger than I thought it would be.
Otonashi

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:51 pm

I would have to assume that there is an organization system behind the cards to make it easier for the developers to work with them. Of course that only works if we are given access to the database, or perhaps a copy of it.

And no I did not do a typo there. I did say "we". I have Visual Studio 2005. I don't know if we could work together (and I am pretty busy) but I would try to help if I could.

Heck, if we did it, maybe we could ask for some gran for helping out the site! 8-)
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Postby TLHM » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm pretty sure you could do something in javascript, just loading the different existing pages for the cards in a frame, then loading the relevant flavor text from a file or something.
TLHM

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Good idea. I hadn't thought of using frames. :)
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau