Picture List of Cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Picture List of Cards

Postby Phenoca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Ask a high-level player to allow you to login to their account.
I assume they would have many card lying around, since high levels have learned the value of not-recycling.

Also - I listed like 20 cards here. It's a start :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NYPFGo5cpo
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Otonashi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 pm

I doubt somebody would just give me the password to their account if they had an awesome collection. :P Getting flavour text wouldn't really be an issue for me anyways. I HAVE MY WAYS. *evil laugh* Just copying it all onto a .txt is the part that would take a large amount of time.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Javascript yet (We should be covering it a little in my web design course at college this year) but if it would make things a lot easier then I could give it a go. I just thought of using Visual Basic (Using Visual Studio 2008 - Go go free student license!) because I have a fair amount of experience with it already so it would be easy for me. Besides, this way I don't have to try to host a web site or talk the GMs into hosting it for me. I could just stick it on mediafire or something and let people download it there.
Otonashi

Postby TLHM » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I just had a thought: If there was a problem with using the real art, you could always use the april fools day art XP
TLHM

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I have already begun work on it. Coding is pretty simple. I already have the foundations up. In fact, it all works perfectly! A little too perfectly... still opens in a popup instead of in my frame I made for it :(

Once I get that solved, we have at least a way of searching through the list without opening new windows...
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Postby Malayna » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Seems as though Alteil has an overwriting code in it. Even when I change the href command, nothing changes... I'm at a loss. Worse still is freewebs isn't working so I can't even upload what I do have for someone else to fix. Anyone else know of a free upload site?
Yeah... I do lose a lot
Malayna

Postby lupos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Otonashi wrote:I doubt somebody would just give me the password to their account if they had an awesome collection. :P Getting flavour text wouldn't really be an issue for me anyways. I HAVE MY WAYS. *evil laugh* Just copying it all onto a .txt is the part that would take a large amount of time.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Javascript yet (We should be covering it a little in my web design course at college this year) but if it would make things a lot easier then I could give it a go. I just thought of using Visual Basic (Using Visual Studio 2008 - Go go free student license!) because I have a fair amount of experience with it already so it would be easy for me. Besides, this way I don't have to try to host a web site or talk the GMs into hosting it for me. I could just stick it on mediafire or something and let people download it there.

PM me about this. I may have an idea on how to get it working if you're actually interested.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DWildstar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

Moving this to Safiria's Planning Bureau.
DWildstar

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau