Which or what type of achievements COULD affect the meta?

User suggestions to improve the game

Which or what type of achievements COULD affect the meta?

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

As the title says, this is a thread only for discussing the achievements that force some sort of change to the meta.
The general achievements thread is here: http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=50&t=4402

The idea of this thread is:
Let's come up with some good ideas for achievements that affect the meta so we might avoid having complaint threads. Who knows what interesting suggestions we might get out of this.

First of all, what sort of achievement could be able to reduce the usage of 30/30 SS?

I don't know about you guys, but decks with diondora and engage in them could use some nice counter decks.

How would the achievement's goal look like? Simply a "beat X amount of players with 30/30 SS?". This still dosn't prevent 30/30 mirror matches, which are boring even to spectate.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: Which or what type of achievements COULD affect the meta?

Postby Phenoca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't know. I personally don't know why people use meta files unless to keep a win-streak. If I stumble onto a meta file while tinkering, then I play with it until I lose one game.

Otherwise, I spend most of my time creating files that see 2-3 games each.

Only idea I can think of is to reward players for a losing-streak. My record losing-streak was 11 games. I'm currently playing-around with some of the Set 6 units as SS.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:First of all, what sort of achievement could be able to reduce the usage of 30/30 SS?

I don't know about you guys, but decks with diondora and engage in them could use some nice counter decks.

How would the achievement's goal look like? Simply a "beat X amount of players with 30/30 SS?". This still dosn't prevent 30/30 mirror matches, which are boring even to spectate.

How about: Win X times with cards (insert meta counters here) in your file.
For the 30/30, maybe something like debuff SS or Max HP drain SS, or Heierrat Spies, etc.
crimsonshade

Postby imortal12233 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Phenoca wrote:Only idea I can think of is to reward players for a losing-streak. My record losing-streak was 11 games.

didn't peralisc have a file that had a turn 3 lose combo? the problem with losing streaks is that they can be forced.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

imortal12233 wrote:didn't peralisc have a file that had a turn 3 lose combo? the problem with losing streaks is that they can be forced.

Yes he did. It got me to level 40! Sure they could be easily forced, but they could also really help some noobs level up. That wouldn't really be a bad thing now would it?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Phenoca » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 pm

imortal12233 wrote:didn't peralisc have a file that had a turn 3 lose combo? the problem with losing streaks is that they can be forced.

Lol! I was thinking of that earlier today when discussing exp-gain from losses.

That should go in the Epic Win contest :lol:
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Otonashi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Oddly enough, any kind of achievement will affect the meta. For example, lets say there was "Kill DEFS 10 times." Well, all of the DEFS players would switch over to anti-DEFS files to get the achievement, and then ironically since nobody is playing DEFS anymore nobody will be able to beat it enough times to get the achievement lol.
Otonashi

Postby Demongod » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 am

Sorta sounds like the efficient market hypothesis XD

More like the efficient achievement hypothesis!
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby crimsonshade » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 am

Will be funny if that actually happened O_O
crimsonshade

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 am

For example, lets say there was "Kill DEFS 10 times." Well, all of the DEFS players would switch over to anti-DEFS files to get the achievement, and then ironically since nobody is playing DEFS anymore nobody will be able to beat it enough times to get the achievement lol.

I think this is exactly why the achievements should focus on what you play and do, and not what your opponent plays and does.
luckysvn777

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau