More recycling options

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: More recycling options

Postby Multi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Demongod wrote:50-60?

45k FM.

LEVEL 76, DIPSTICK.

And I think the 1/2/6/30/60 would work even with the 5 point card events.

Wow, I was just using you as an example and it could've been anyone, and you just randomly call me a dipstick because I didn't memorize your level even though you're completely unimportant to me. Thanks.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Don't take it so seriously :V. But yeah, 45k is after level 76. At 50-60, I guess I had about 30k.

But yeah, considering you gain a certain amount of FM from winning, then someone's winning percentage and level should be sufficient statistics for Fight Money (don't ask me to explain sufficient statistics though...I barely understand them myself...it's a new concept to me) to a small margin of error.

You know, this really, really has me wondering...why the heck doesn't Alteil US hire a statistician? I'm serious when I'd say that I'd like to work as a statistician for this game.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 pm

You assume that the GM's want point cards to be grindable in the first place, so that one could easily grind to get 5*. Based on what they've said and their attitudes, I wouldn't necessarily say that that assumption is totally accurate.
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 am

Then how exactly do they expect free players to collect cards? Buy a pack every ten/15 days?

The problem with Alteil is the same as with MtG--when you have a ton of cards, 10% of them will be flat out better than the rest. Those 10% will be the ones sought after, and then the rest will be auto-ditches.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 am

I bet you they have a statistician or get help from one! At worst one of the GMs digi-volved into one.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am

Peralisc2 wrote:I bet you they have a statistician or get help from one! At worst one of the GMs digi-volved into one.

MS in stats, buddy. It allows me to make some nice models of what's going on.

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

Demongod wrote:MS in stats, buddy. It allows me to make some nice models of what's going on.

Can you use that to figure out what their intent is? You just assume intent of making things the way you want them. (not saying that i don't want almost the exact same thing)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 am

Peralisc2 wrote:
Demongod wrote:MS in stats, buddy. It allows me to make some nice models of what's going on.

Can you use that to figure out what their intent is? You just assume intent of making things the way you want them. (not saying that i don't want almost the exact same thing)

I need to actually see data to do statistics, you know.

Demongod

Postby Multi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 am

luckysvn777 wrote:You assume that the GM's want point cards to be grindable in the first place, so that one could easily grind to get 5*. Based on what they've said and their attitudes, I wouldn't necessarily say that that assumption is totally accurate.

They already stated that they don't want point cards to be grindable, that was never the intention. The problem is the almost paradoxical stance of 5 point card participation giveaways they have all the time now. It's nearly impossible to buy point cards through skill and much time spent on the game, but you can gain 5 point cards from spending anywhere from 2-20minutes each time there is such an event.

10 hours vs 2 min, = 2-3 point cards or 5 point cards with chances for more. derp.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby DWildstar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 am

Demongod wrote:50-60?

45k FM.

LEVEL 76, DIPSTICK.

And I think the 1/2/6/30/60 would work even with the 5 point card events.

HEY! Cool it Demongod! I suggest you read over the forum rules a few more times.

Rule #1!

Respect and be courteous to your forum mods and fellow users!
DWildstar

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau