Store Suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

Store Suggestions

Postby Noobwiz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 pm

These have probably already been suggested. (But my search was inconclusive.) Anyways....

Please sell Non-virtual goods:
1) Kesaran Plusharans
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alteil/3839120861/
Very Much want. Please please sell these!

2) T-shirts
Not necessarily with card art on them. I want more generic stuff like shirts with the Alteil logo or something with the card border on them.
($$$ Wait a minute. I bet I could make and sell some Alteil related T-shirts. Now i just need avoid breaking copyright and trademarks; i'll be rolling in the money!)

3) Posters maybe
Not a big fan of posters, it would still be awesome.

4) Toys?
Action figures? Also if they could transform or join together that would also be awesome.

5) Physical Cards
Putting all the text on a Physical card would be near impossible or have very very tiny font (Catherina has too many abilities!!). But something with just the image on one side and the card back on the other. ($$$ Actually this would also be easy to do. InDesign the cards first. Then I'm pretty sure Fedex office prints in cardstock. Alas! Again I am stuck with the stupid copyright rules!)

Virtual Items:
-Have more ways to spend money/gran where your purchase is known

1) Singletons
Place 5 or 6 specific cards for sale in the card shop. Have the cards for sale change every week, and put them at a limited quantity. Make them cost like 4-5x their recycle cost.
-Helps collectors collect
-Helps new/non-spending players get playsets of 1*s and 2*s they actually want
-May convince Demongod to spend money. Just put Heierrat Revolver Bladesman for sale and charge an obscene amount of gran per.

2) Fixed packs
Sell Packs with fixed set of 5 cards.
Getting 5 new playsets was the best part of EX packs. I much more satisfied with my purchase of 10 playsets for 2400 gran than 4-5 playsets I got from a box.
Noobwiz

Re: Store Suggestions

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 pm

The plushie is actually the Gm mascot Fuzzy, and i agree with everything but physical cards and fix packs. As for the single card sell idea good one but no rarity 4 or 5 and i'll be okay.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Otonashi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I kind of wondered if it would be possible to make physical cards. It seems like the text would be far too small, until you realize, they can have the picture on one side and the stats on the other side because they don't need to have a uniform backside like other games, because there's no drawing mechanic. For example, the biggest reason M:tG hasn't changed the backside of their card since they began is because you could tell individual cards apart by just looking at your deck during play. ("Oh, I recognize that backside! I'm going to draw my Wrath of God next turn, so I don't need to bother playing my removal now..." This is also why you can't play Blacker Lotus or Chaos Confetti more than once, ever, unless you shove their remains into a card sleeve and use that same card sleeve for the rest of your deck.) Alteil isn't affected by that problem.
Otonashi

Postby methebest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm

fm packs would be nice even if they costed 30k
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Noobwiz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 am

GOSCAR wrote:As for the single card sell idea good one but no rarity 4 or 5 and i'll be okay.

Naw you would need those too. Just don't make them available often, and then put them in limited supply (like 5 of them). (Also they would cost a lot of gran anyways.)

Otonashi wrote:I kind of wondered if it would be possible to make physical cards. It seems like the text would be far too small, until you realize, they can have the picture on one side and the stats on the other side because they don't need to have a uniform backside like other games, because there's no drawing mechanic. For example, the biggest reason M:tG hasn't changed the backside of their card since they began is because you could tell individual cards apart by just looking at your deck during play. ("Oh, I recognize that backside! I'm going to draw my Wrath of God next turn, so I don't need to bother playing my removal now..." This is also why you can't play Blacker Lotus or Chaos Confetti more than once, ever, unless you shove their remains into a card sleeve and use that same card sleeve for the rest of your deck.) Alteil isn't affected by that problem.

Actually you would need a card back. This is mostly for the Set and Reveal Phases. I guess you could play the card and cover it with your hand. Seems cooler to flip them over simultaneously though.

Also it would be better to put a cards stats and their ability's names on the front; then have a helper card for what those abilities are. Having to flip a card over to see it's stats seems obnoxious. Also this game would take a excessive amount of counters. And how would you do reviving? And SP management? Setting sphere levels? Physically playing this game would be quite a feat.
Noobwiz

Postby Artist » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am

I do wonder now if it's possible to even move Alteil into the IRL realm. Most people complain about Alteil because it's totally virtual, and the money spent on it will just be gone as soon as you quit the game, unlike MTG or Yugioh, where you can just sell your cards for money.

If Alteil does move into the IRL realm, then it really has potiential to become a world class trading card game for the public. That's huge $ for GMs I'd bet lol.
Artist

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 pm

The problem with the IRL realm is the fact that the randomness from attacking would be almost impossible to replicate in real life..
luckysvn777

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Not easy, but definitely doable. You could have like a little electronic device to do random numbers for all those rolls. Ex: give each unit a number 1-n, then like if you have something that says "do 10 damage to 2 random units" it would pop out 2 numbers and those would be the ones who are hit. Of course, you'd have to design it and produce which is another whole hassle...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Phenoca » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Kesaran Plusharan ^^
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Demongod » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Plushy KP ^_^.

Literally a ball of fluff ^_^.

As for singles...

In the words of Will Smith...

AW, HELL NAW!

The idea that you could buy some 5-star for 1500 gran...I'm sorry, but freebies don't have 1500 gran sitting around.

The key is to create options that narrow the gap between haves and have nots...not expand it.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau