A Modest Proposal: Challenges

User suggestions to improve the game

A Modest Proposal: Challenges

Postby BlackMustang » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:27 pm

Just a random idea that either our wonderful GMs (we love you guys) or we the people of Alteil can possibly facilitate.

What if once a week a "Weekly Challenge" was posted, just for fun, no prizes involved? The challenges could be like "Win a game with a 3 clan hybrid deck" or "Win a game with a Gowen Deck using only level 1-2 Units". Players would try and complete the challenges and if you succeed you post (selectively edited) screenshots of the deck you used and the victory, maybe even tell how you did it. Showing the cards in the deck wouldn't be a problem since it would just be a temporary build for the challenge anyway, and all screenshots would be entirely voluntary for fun purposes; of course success could be easily doctored with photoshop etc. so no real rewards would be distributed.

I think this would open up a new level of unconventional strategies and challenges for players, but I want to hear from you-s guys and gals if you would be interested in such a thing. If the GMs would be so kind as to sponsor the cause maybe we could even have a weekly winners list somewhere on the site 8-)
Jimmy Raynor uses Falkow. Jimmy Raynor doesn't lose.
BlackMustang

Re: A Modest Proposal: Challenges

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:20 am

If there are no prizes, Game Moderators are not truly required.

A normal person could keep tabs.
Grain

Postby GunCastor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 am

Challenges like that are kinda hard for people with fewer cards but I like the idea nonetheless. It also seems hard to keep track of. If the challenge was 3-colors minimum, what if I was defeated before I played my 3rd color?
GunCastor

Postby BlackMustang » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 am

Well if you were defeated then you didn't complete the challenge anyway so it doesn't really matter :) and besides its all on the honor system and no prizes involved so it wouldn't really matter if it is "hard to keep track of".
Jimmy Raynor uses Falkow. Jimmy Raynor doesn't lose.
BlackMustang

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:51 am

Huh? Why not have the challenges use pre-made decks made just for the challenges and if you win, you get an unmodifiable, unsellable version of the deck for use?
Hakuro de Killer

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau