Potions

User suggestions to improve the game

Potions

Postby Lateralus923 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:19 am

I was looking through the avatar shop at the potions today and I found out I could increase my rate of Treasure Battles by 50% for 10 rounds for only 150 gran. Then I thought about this and wondered why ANYONE would ever buy this. Lets do the math:

150 gran = 15 cards from lotto (possibly more if you're like me and have all the 1*s)

150 gran = 1 booster pack from a specific set (only 5 cards, but 2 guaranteed 2*s and a higher chance at 3/4/5)

For a normal player, I'd say treasure battles happen maybe 1/8 or 1/10. For someone with a really nice streak going - maybe 1/2. I've only been up to 9 or so so I don't know what the rate is once you get a star. Either way, I'm guessing that with the potion, the highest rate you might see is 2/3 or maybe 3/4 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Therefore:

150 gran = 10 rounds of 50% increased chance at treasure battles = possibly 2-7 treasure battles out of 10. These probably have a rarity something like lotto - maybe boosters. So let's err on the side of higher rarity, to give these potions a chance. That means you would get maximum 7 treasure rounds at booster rarity (assuming you're on a 10 game winning streak already). BUT (and here's the kicker) - YOU HAVE TO WIN ALL 10 OF THE BATTLES. You have to win to keep your cards - otherwise you're paying gran for your opponents to get cards! You also have to win to keep your streak up to the point where you may exceed 5 treasure battles. That's just to keep you solvent.

Let's drop the price or change it to FM - otherwise it's just a pointless endeavor.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Re: Potions

Postby Noria » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Lateralus923 wrote:150 gran = 10 rounds of 50% increased chance at treasure battles = possibly 2-7 treasure battles out of 10. These probably have a rarity something like lotto - maybe boosters.

That´s something that should be considered first before discussing any further, was there ever a statement on which rarity a treasure card can be at all? The highest i encountered was 3* i think... the Rule Book doesn´t help here either. So is there a confirmed chance of getting really tight cards or is there a cap in rarity? And do rarity chances increase on a very longlasting winning streak?

If chances of high rarity increase such a potion of course makes sense once you are on a good run.

However if rarity is capped at 3 and the chances dont increase I´d say the potion is a bad deal... Iczers that can dump some gran into the potion probably got all the important 1* and 2* cards they need, so why wanna get more of them if you can simply buy a booster?

But apart from the "it probably won´t be very effective"-part if you got your superstrong farming deck and want the extra kick it´s at least a boost in risk and fun if you know you spent gran which your opp might indirectly get if you lose a battle^^

Overall I agree though, this potion is probably more of a funny gimmick than something that might actually help you build up your card file but let´s wait for some comments from the veterans ;)
Noria

Postby Lateralus923 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Noria wrote:
Lateralus923 wrote:However if rarity is capped at 3 and the chances dont increase I´d say the potion is a bad deal... Iczers that can dump some gran into the potion probably got all the important 1* and 2* cards they need, so why wanna get more of them if you can simply buy a booster?

I've seen a 4* once. But I lost cause we were both playing EX Lap and he was able to get his out after the initial backlash. :oops:
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Otonashi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:09 pm

I think the potions are in the shop for the same reason Starter Switcher cards are in the shop. There is really no reason for them *not* to be there, even though they really only exist for them to hand out on special occasions.

Of course I could be wrong. Maybe we'll see some FM-purchasable potions later.

Also, all rarities can appear in treasure battle. I've personally seen a 5* and 4* once each, even though I didn't end up winning those battles.
Otonashi

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau