10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby Tenkai » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 am

Eeyore wrote:I honestly don't understand how the fan base got so large in Japan unless it was extremely cheap to purchase cards.


Well I asked this question myself and came up with this: The 10 gran lottery in japan helps alot to keep alteil alive and interesting -> 1 new card every day -> more 1-2 star cards, which ppl need the most -> more strategic options/deck variety -> keeps more ppl interested/busy -> more ppl in the arena

To be honnest I don' really care about the 30 gran lottery that much: you may have a higher chance (how much higher?) to get rare cards, but you need at least 2 copies of them. And with 30 gran for each try it might take you months to get your desired cards. And most ppl are in need of some 1-2 star cards anyway. With the 30 gran lottery you still have a very high chance to get useless 1 star cards. Just to compare some facts:

10 gran lottery -> you get a useless 1star card -> -5 gran for you after recycling
30 gran lottery -> you get a useless 1star card -> -25 gran for you after recycling

See where we are heading with the 30 gran lottery: it will take much longer even to get some lowlvl cards not to mention you have a high chance to waste your gran each try: you need a 3star card to break even, a 2star card still gets you -20 gran! With the 10 gran lottery you already break even if you get a 2star card AND you can get 1 new card everyday.

Not many ppl are patient enough to wait weeks or even months to get their desired cards and we are not even talking about 3star or higher cards. Right now it takes even weeks to get 1(!) copy of some low rarity cards. TBH where is the fun in that? There is no fun at all: just look at the folrat arena, not many ppl are there anymore. The playerbase is decreasing daily! You might get new ppl from the conventions or through your ads, but after they realize the whole system behind alteil (obtaining gran/cards), they won't stay long: best examples are the 2 arenas. You will always see new faces in the crest arena but how many of them actually make it into the folrat arena AND keep playing there? Folrat went from 10-15 ppl at the same time in the arena to 5-10 ppl in the last 5 days!

Something needs to be done with the game first and it needs to be done fast. If ppl are spreading infos about the current situation and bad publicity is made, it will be damn hard to recover from it.

My suggestions:
-Make a 10 gran AND 30 gran lottery.
-You have to give ppl a reason/motivation to actually play in the folrat arena: give out gran for achievements. Like most played games a day, most wins a day, fastest win of the day. Most wins of the week with the same deck...
-Weekly automated Tournaments/Events
-Allow lvl15+ to trade cards between each other (only same rarity and only card trades, no gran involvement)
Tenkai
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby neonsun » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 am

I acompletely agree with tenkai on this one !!
and i know that from my own experience , i rarely feel like dueling since the tornament ended, and i have invested money in the game LOL.
Players who remain F2P have no incentive to stay in the game longer ....
After spending >20$ i still dont have a deck that is able to measure up to the decks in folrart and odly i m not missing a lvl 3 or 4 card .... i m missing lvl2s (lol i m not even asking for a 4star card)
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
User avatar
neonsun
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 am

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:26 pm

It was mentioned before that there is no 10 Gran lottery b/c of the low card base ATM. It would be too easy to repeatedly use and get high rarity cards. Also, it would be so much cheaper than a booster, and then no one would buy boosters.
User avatar
ANIMEniac
 
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:59 pm

ANIMEniac wrote:It was mentioned before that there is no 10 Gran lottery b/c of the low card base ATM. It would be too easy to repeatedly use and get high rarity cards. Also, it would be so much cheaper than a booster, and then no one would buy boosters.


I think the point of Tenkai's post was that you seal the 10 gran lottery at 1-2 star only. That way people can keep trying for the cards they need without abusing the system for 4-5 stars.
shyster
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby Phades » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 pm

shyster wrote:
ANIMEniac wrote:It was mentioned before that there is no 10 Gran lottery b/c of the low card base ATM. It would be too easy to repeatedly use and get high rarity cards. Also, it would be so much cheaper than a booster, and then no one would buy boosters.


I think the point of Tenkai's post was that you seal the 10 gran lottery at 1-2 star only. That way people can keep trying for the cards they need without abusing the system for 4-5 stars.

If they limited the lottery to 1-2 stars on the 10 gran system (or FM), then if they could gurantee a 4-5 star card per booster, then it would balance out i think.
Phades
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby Detrian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Phades wrote:
shyster wrote:
ANIMEniac wrote:It was mentioned before that there is no 10 Gran lottery b/c of the low card base ATM. It would be too easy to repeatedly use and get high rarity cards. Also, it would be so much cheaper than a booster, and then no one would buy boosters.


I think the point of Tenkai's post was that you seal the 10 gran lottery at 1-2 star only. That way people can keep trying for the cards they need without abusing the system for 4-5 stars.

If they limited the lottery to 1-2 stars on the 10 gran system (or FM), then if they could gurantee a 4-5 star card per booster, then it would balance out i think.


The current rate is one 5 star per box. This is never going to happen.

ANIMEniac wrote:It was mentioned before that there is no 10 Gran lottery b/c of the low card base ATM. It would be too easy to repeatedly use and get high rarity cards. Also, it would be so much cheaper than a booster, and then no one would buy boosters.


Link please.
Detrian
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Phades wrote:If they limited the lottery to 1-2 stars on the 10 gran system (or FM), then if they could gurantee a 4-5 star card per booster, then it would balance out i think.


I think you misunderstand something. The point of this idea, as I understand it, is to help players get cards more often, keeping interest in the game higher and also allowing players the chance to get the low level cards they need.

The only guarentee they should make is that there should be at least one three star in each booster pack. If they guarenteed a four or five star in each pack, pack prices would either have to be raised, or recycle gran would have to be lowered.

There would be infinate milking of the system, if you got a guarenteed four star which you could then recycle for 150. That way you could get four cards below four and a new booster pack continuing this forever.

Which part of that statement do you want a link to? I will not provide one either way since this forum has a search button and I am too lazy to find answers for others. However I can recite the reason verbatum if you tell me which part you want an answer for.

To help your search it was either logress or lupos who said it.
shyster
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby ciroth » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:44 pm

i get a free 30 gran lottery card each 3 days... you know how? Playing beginners memory game at 4 star game. If you really love Alteil and want it to be around, then buy a booster pack one a month or so. Don't tell me you don't have money, for you USA people go get a part time job. $1.50 isn't going to kill you.
ciroth
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 pm

ciroth wrote:i get a free 30 gran lottery card each 3 days... you know how? Playing beginners memory game at 4 star game. If you really love Alteil and want it to be around, then buy a booster pack one a month or so. Don't tell me you don't have money, for you USA people go get a part time job. $1.50 isn't going to kill you.


This I cannot let go...

By making this statement I imagine you are not in America. Right now our economy is going in to the Explative deleted. And it is for this exact reason that we are going there. People spending money way beyond their means.

If you are working at a part time job, and thus probably getting minimum wage, something like 6.25 now I think, your gas is probably costing you more to drive to work. Whats more you need to pay for food and other expenses and you are now probably minus money before you even buy any damn cards...

I dislike our current government...

End Rant.
shyster
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby Detrian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:31 pm

shyster wrote:
Which part of that statement do you want a link to? I will not provide one either way since this forum has a search button and I am too lazy to find answers for others. However I can recite the reason verbatum if you tell me which part you want an answer for.

To help your search it was either logress or lupos who said it.


I ask because last I heard that was said by a guy who was not a GM and thus not a official statement but thank you very much for being completely useless.

BUT THEN ciroth wrote:A completely retarded derail.


How about YOU get a job if it bothers you so much?

Oh no! shyster wrote:A reply to the derail, hilariously over dramatizing the economic situation of the US on the way.


This is why threads never get anywhere.

I'd make a point about how the game was announced at least 8 months ago and has been paraded around cons, starred in banners in high profile sites like Penny Arcade and has posts by the GMs themselves in a multitude of very important forums yet the player counter cant even get close to breaking into the 3 digit numbers but Im sure you've all realized that by now.
Detrian
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron