10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: 10 gran and 30 gran lottery + other suggestions

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Wow Detrian,

I wasn't involved in this thread and I have been following it. You have totally stepped out of line when it comes to respect and common courtesy, both of which are expected on this forum. I don't know what you think you're doing being a wise guy like you are, but just let me inform you that it won't get you very far here.
Romdeau

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Detrian wrote:
shyster wrote:
Which part of that statement do you want a link to? I will not provide one either way since this forum has a search button and I am too lazy to find answers for others. However I can recite the reason verbatum if you tell me which part you want an answer for.

To help your search it was either logress or lupos who said it.

I ask because last I heard that was said by a guy who was not a GM and thus not a official statement but thank you very much for being completely useless.

And I just told you it was posted by a gm. Probably by Logress, but possibly by lupos, similar names confuse me. That is also why I did not give you the link for it, if people are too lazy to find things on their own they do not deserve the help.

And as for the economic situation, it is not really an exageration, just a relative statement for where I live. Lots of people in my area bought houses during the boom and now are in bankruptcy because they lost 200k or more in value off their homes. Also you could try watching the show "30 days" the one about him trying to live on minimum wage, and you would see it is not that far off.
shyster

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

The forum is a place for everyone to speak up, but modifying someone's reply and posting it as "quoted" is not something we want to encourage people to do.

Please help us keep the forum a friendly environment where people can engage in constructive criticism and discussion. If you disagree with someone there's no need to launch personal attacks. If we feel people are straying too far from the topic and getting too personal we will lock the thread.

Thank you.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby ciroth » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:46 am

shyster wrote:
ciroth wrote:i get a free 30 gran lottery card each 3 days... you know how? Playing beginners memory game at 4 star game. If you really love Alteil and want it to be around, then buy a booster pack one a month or so. Don't tell me you don't have money, for you USA people go get a part time job. $1.50 isn't going to kill you.

This I cannot let go...

By making this statement I imagine you are not in America. Right now our economy is going in to the Explative deleted. And it is for this exact reason that we are going there. People spending money way beyond their means.

If you are working at a part time job, and thus probably getting minimum wage, something like 6.25 now I think, your gas is probably costing you more to drive to work. Whats more you need to pay for food and other expenses and you are now probably minus money before you even buy any . cards...

I dislike our current government...

End Rant.

I'm an American born citizen, i make more than the minimum wage (during the summer, else i don't have much income when i head back to my univeristy this fall). You think i don't know the economy is bad? I drive a SUV that eats a lot of gas, I know how painful that is. But do to the nature of me moving around i need the space. If $1.50 is enough to say it hurts you, then this game isn't for you. Go find another game that is within your "free" budget. Before you go assuming that I'm not an American and that i dont know the economy in the US is bad, ask ok? Like i said, 1.50? Seriosuly? I know people who work for minimum wage AND play FFXI. They spend around 10-20 dollars a month for the fees, and you want to complain about $1.50!?

Seriously!
ciroth

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 am

ciroth wrote:If $1.50 is enough to say it hurts you, then this game isn't for you. Go find another game that is within your "free" budget.
Seriously!

It's people who say this that we end up with less and less people playing. If this game required that we pay to play, then there is nothing to say against those who don't pay. However, this game is suppose to be a friendly environment to those who wish to play for free and not spend much. Also, let's not forget that not everyone playing has income to spend. There are the younger players who can't always ask mommy and daddy to dish out for a computer game. I mean, I've seen them trying hard enough to get money for real CCGs.
ANIMEniac

Postby Fatherwolf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 am

Hot topic.

But to get back to the matter at end and not dicussion on us economie, I would think that a card lottery at 10 gran is resonnable as lon as i't get the 1-2 stars card some Free player need. Not only does i't give them hope that they can get somewhere i't actualy will, that plus they would still have to dish out some of either time or money to get the rarity 3-4-5 stars they will need for some strategy.

This is actualy a good idea and i don't think i't would hurt the game.
One could certainly do a deck of all the level 1 and 2 but i't would lack something in my opinion.
Like the one posting this thread say if you don't want the level 2 you had well just change i't or if you got a level one just wait for tomorow.
simple easy and can get new player with time and tenacity the deck they want.

Yes i bring nothing new to this discusion but i bring the point of this thread back, what can we do to make the game more friendly to free player. But also keep in mind to give something to those who paid.

I personaly paid to be able to play all faction and because i love this kind of game, also because i do not have the patiente to grind MM.
I would find i't wonderful if someone with enouph love for the game could do the same with time instead of money.
I find that people who have lot of one then to lack the other.
I am more terrified of light that leave no shadow then of darkness i't self.
Fatherwolf

Postby arfort » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 am

Well, Tarmogoyf is the first MTG card to reach a 50$ value while still in print and that happened in the last year or so. That's the price of it in the US. And MTG singles are priced entirely on supply and demand. So people are buying it at 50$. 200$ for 4 cards in a 60 card deck. And a few thousands of people in the US and Canada are willing to pay that much.
arfort

Postby shyster » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 pm

ciroth wrote:Don't tell me you don't have money, for you USA people go get a part time job. $1.50 isn't going to kill you.

Firstly I did not mean to offend you at least not by calling you someone who is not american. However this statement is not the way an american would usually put something. It is how a foreigner would usually speak about america, as if they are disassociated with it.

And as I have said, if not in this post, then in others, I would be willing to pay perhaps, but first there needs to be a substantially greater amount of people around. Your attitute however, is that if someone is unwilling or unable to pay they should just leave. Well that is messed up because then this game will surely die, since there will not be enough people for the payers to play.

And in an attempt to pretend to keep this on topic...

The problem with magic, in terms of cards is that there is to some extent a limited amount of cards, and that is why they have a greater value. That plus it is an awesome and probably an overpowered card. So the factor in this game would rely soley on peoples desires for cards, meaning eskatia would probably be around 10,000 gran or more since right now it is probably one of the single best cards, and probably one of the ones that would get the highest use.

The other thing to consider in regards to magic is that cards have a limited life, in the sense that after three or four expansion packs come out, the older cards are no longer tournament legal cards. Which means they are worth more while they are still valuable to pros but worthless once their legal use is over. This of course disregards collectors for the time being, since people are still paying outrageous prices for black lotus.
shyster

Postby Phades » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 pm

ciroth wrote:
shyster wrote:
ciroth wrote:i get a free 30 gran lottery card each 3 days... you know how? Playing beginners memory game at 4 star game. If you really love Alteil and want it to be around, then buy a booster pack one a month or so. Don't tell me you don't have money, for you USA people go get a part time job. $1.50 isn't going to kill you.

This I cannot let go...

By making this statement I imagine you are not in America. Right now our economy is going in to the Explative deleted. And it is for this exact reason that we are going there. People spending money way beyond their means.

If you are working at a part time job, and thus probably getting minimum wage, something like 6.25 now I think, your gas is probably costing you more to drive to work. Whats more you need to pay for food and other expenses and you are now probably minus money before you even buy any . cards...

I dislike our current government...

End Rant.

I'm an American born citizen, i make more than the minimum wage (during the summer, else i don't have much income when i head back to my univeristy this fall). You think i don't know the economy is bad? I drive a SUV that eats a lot of gas, I know how painful that is. But do to the nature of me moving around i need the space. If $1.50 is enough to say it hurts you, then this game isn't for you. Go find another game that is within your "free" budget. Before you go assuming that I'm not an American and that i dont know the economy in the US is bad, ask ok? Like i said, 1.50? Seriosuly? I know people who work for minimum wage AND play FFXI. They spend around 10-20 dollars a month for the fees, and you want to complain about $1.50!?

Seriously!

Unless your friends have over 10 accounts active on FFXI, they are not spending anywhere near 20 dollars a month on it. In fact, they pay out less than WoW monthly with one account ID active. You really don't sound like you know what you are talking about right now, since your figures are off and you aren't thinking forward in regard to continued expansions in figuring in how much people will "need" to spend over time. Honestly, if you were to try and get multiple copies of just the EX cards, you have already spent more in one month on this game than most MMORPG games.
Phades

Postby Phades » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:10 pm

arfort wrote:Well, Tarmogoyf is the first MTG card to reach a 50$ value while still in print and that happened in the last year or so. That's the price of it in the US. And MTG singles are priced entirely on supply and demand. So people are buying it at 50$. 200$ for 4 cards in a 60 card deck. And a few thousands of people in the US and Canada are willing to pay that much.

Demand wouldn't be that high if the game didn't pay out cash prizes from tournaments. Even the square border cards only became expensive for the intrinsic collector value more than their ability to play in a deck, since you couldn't even match them into "normal" decks due to the cards being effectively marked cards compared to all the round corners from BETA forward.
Phades

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau