Mid-level arena or RP Arena

User suggestions to improve the game

Mid-level arena or RP Arena

Postby jasta85 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:12 am

i was just wondering if there is any chance that some more arenas might be added, such as a level 10-15, 15-20 etc to make things a bit more balanced. i had a lot of fun in the 1-9 area, won more than i lost but it wasnt a breeze, there were some decent players there. then i got to the 10+ arena and i've been stomped into the ground game after game by players 15+ levels above me. it just seems a bit of a jump to go from an area where you're playing people roughly your level to a place where you get eaten alive by experts. i'm gonna give it another go but i may just try making another account so i can do the 1-9 area again for some fair competition.

i think making a few more arenas might help as it could help divide the hardcore players and the casual ones.
jasta85

Re: possible to make some more arenas?

Postby radishlaw » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:17 am

In the Japanese Version, there are 5 arena.
Common - all levels can join. RP will be changed.
Intermediate - level 19 or below. RP will not be affected.
Beginner - level 3 or below. RP will not be affected.
RP1550 - only people with 1550RP or below may join. RP will be affected.
Training - same as US version, no RP nor cards.

The problem with this is that there are not enough players to justify so many arena.
radishlaw

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:50 am

For the record, level doesn't count for much, a player can be terrible and still gain levels albeit very slowly, its RP thats the best indicator of a players skill. As such I think it would make far more sense to seperate players by RP then level if they were to change the way the arenas worked.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby arfort » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:17 am

A room for 1550 rp and under would be a really good move.
arfort

Postby Candi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 am

I concur with Dan, but a low level arena still makes sense because most of the time (at least once it gets more popular) the low level players will all be new to the game so putting them together leaves them at equal footing (since they will all have 1500 RP we cannot separate them out in that way). I think that's the point of that Level 3 arena there.
Candi

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Sounds interesting, means me with my 1433 might be paired off with other less-than-stellar players. (Yes, I seriously have that low of a ranking.)
Illyasviel

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Illyasviel wrote:Sounds interesting, means me with my 1433 might be paired off with other less-than-stellar players. (Yes, I seriously have that low of a ranking.)

Boo hoo
Grain

Postby Illyasviel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Grain: Ouch. I wasn't complaining, but thanks for the sympathy. Personally, I'm amused by my low RP, I was just making a comparison. Since people with 1500 and above were making comments, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to have a comment from the opposite end of the spectrum. But guess not.
Illyasviel

Postby DWildstar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Grain wrote:
Illyasviel wrote:Sounds interesting, means me with my 1433 might be paired off with other less-than-stellar players. (Yes, I seriously have that low of a ranking.)

Boo hoo

Grain I think that was rather uncalled for. We're trying to create a friendly forum environment remember?
DWildstar

Postby Candi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:09 pm

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately at this time we don't have the player base for more arena's... In fact I am tempted to say make the Crest lv 3 and under so we get more than 5 people available to fight in Folrat... and so that when you are level 5 and really get the game you don't get stuck playing level 1 beginners who are getting frustrated because they can't win because they keep facing foes with more experience.

But right now, things as they are are fine -- when we get more players I hope that a level 3 and under arena pops up for the sake of the beginners. I know I've frustrated at least a handful of people just this morning (hey! It's not my fault I have 2 returns and you've never played before!) I try helping them and coaching them in game, but there is only so much you can do.

Slightly off topic: It would be, I think better, if there was an interactive tutorial that faced you off against a computer for the first three rounds of combat - just to see how it goes and everything. Guiding you with a possible way to lead your deck (obviously this comes after you select your deck). So for the Falkow deck it shows you how to use your units off the top (you know, Haste -> Sorcerer Guard -> Song Sorc? - by turn three it's kinda relative to your foe). Just a thought.
Candi

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau