Mid-level arena or RP Arena

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Mid-level arena or RP Arena

Postby Otonashi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

For set 5, 57 people had 1800+ RP. Considering there's probably more than a thousand accounts (The high score table stops at #629, who had 1502 RP; Since the average RP across all players should be exactly 1500, it should be safe to assume there's just as many people below 1500 as there are above), that comes to less than 5.7% of the playerbase; Therefore, an RP arena with the line drawn at 1800 RP would only remove a very small portion of players. You won't improve your own situation AT ALL, while at the same time completely isolating a select few players from the rest of the game (You're effectively banning them from the game for being too good; They'll find a match in their "1800+" arena once every eon or so, and with so few people to play against, they'll have a hell of a time purposely losing RP just to be able to play with the rest of the players. And after one or two wins, they get kicked back out.)

When people make 'suggestions', they need to consider what would be good for everybody, not just themselves.
Otonashi

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Otonashi wrote:For set 5, 57 people had 1800+ RP. Considering there's probably more than a thousand accounts (The high score table stops at #629, who had 1502 RP; Since the average RP across all players should be exactly 1500, it should be safe to assume there's just as many people below 1500 as there are above), that comes to less than 5.7% of the player-base; Therefore, an RP arena with the line drawn at 1800 RP would only remove a very small portion of players. You won't improve your own situation AT ALL, while at the same time completely isolating a select few players from the rest of the game (You're effectively banning them from the game for being too good; They'll find a match in their "1800+" arena once every eon or so, and with so few people to play against, they'll have a hell of a time purposely losing RP just to be able to play with the rest of the players. And after one or two wins, they get kicked back out.)

When people make 'suggestions', they need to consider what would be good for everybody, not just themselves.

those 57 players are constantly playing while out of the 1000 that are not there only about 100 at most play consistently the ones who leave that get past lvl 15 tend to do so because they are constantly matched against players that are so highly they have no chance against them thus there record plummets thus they don't get gran from the weekly rankings thus they start to see no real reason to keep playing that means we lose players because those 57 players are to scared to selfish to allow the game to grow at the rate it should be because they enjoy having the monopoly on being ranked the "Best"
Metallix

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm

So let me get this straight.

You want a cutoff at above 1800 RP for the RP arena, for example. Meaning those players are stuck in a depopulated Folrart where they can barely get a match every hour or so. So, they quit.

Eventually, people will rise from the RP arena and go to Folrart. Only to find no one there. So they quit as well.

And we're stuck with an even worse situation. If you're bad, you quit. If you're too good, you quit.

And the game falls apart.

Understand now?

because those 57 players are to scared to selfish to allow the game to grow at the rate it should be because they enjoy having the monopoly on being ranked the "Best"

And no. I'm going to straight up say this right now, because I am absolutely sick of this "Selfish evil vets, **** them all, they all suck" mentality going around. This whole RP arena isn't about the top players being selfish. Its about guys like YOU being selfish and wanting an easy way up instead of actually working for it. Yes, a RP arena would be good to allow players some time to get better and gain experience at not such a sharp learning curve. Yes, the game growing would be good. But WE are not going to sacrifice ourselves and our enjoyment for YOUR selfish needs. There is absolutely no need to punish the players who actually succeed just to give you yet another aid to catch up.
luckysvn777

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Nope I just don't think people Ranked Above 1800 should be matched up with players that have a max rank of 1550 or lower.
Metallix

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 pm

I guess a possible solution could be a 1550 and below arena then. It wouldn't split up the playerbase too dramatically, and while people would still get slaughtered when they reach 1550, they always have the other arena to use to get wins and practice until they are good enough to make it into Folrart.

Probably the best mid/RP arena solution so far in my opinion

Still it would be better to wait until we have more people for that..
luckysvn777

Postby LDEvolution » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Or we can use Peralisc2's idea from http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=50&t=4344 and be able to freeze our RP, win/loss so we don't need an RP arena but can still LV up as normal and not exclude any players with high RP.

This way players can LV up as normal but just those not wanting to be included in the Rankings can still play and enjoy the game.

ALSO GMs IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE LOCK MY RP AT ITS ORIGINAL 1500 SO IT'LL NEVER INCREASE AGAIN AND NEVER INCLUDE ME ON THE RANKING LIST, ALL I WANT IS TO LV UP NOT HAVE MY RP INCREASE OR ANYTHING SO IF YOU CNA LOCK IT PLEASE DO.
http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=27&t=7338
The Alteil 3DS Homebrew Project...by LDE and Ganon
LDEvolution

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau