Mid-level arena or RP Arena

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: RP Arena

Postby Galandros » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 am

LDEvolution wrote:ALSO FIX THE MATCHUP SYSTEM SO THAT PLAYERS WILL ONLY BE MATCHED TO OTHER PLAYERS WHO HAVE THE SAME OR BELOW YOUR RP, I KEEP RUNNIG INTO PLAYERS WITH RP LIKE 1800+ AND EXPECT ME TO WIN!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!? HA! IF I WI9N THAN I'M NOT HAVING BAD LUCK WHITCH IS NEVER >_<

First off the RP system would have to be bracketed, because if you only play people with RP lower than you, than they are playing some with RP higher than them...and that goes against playing someone that has a higher RP than you.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Re: Mid-level arena or RP Arena

Postby elroy1990 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 am

Make some more advertisment for some more players so we can get an area for lvl 15 - 30 and 30 - 45
elroy1990

Postby Romdeau » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Then you'll have the same problem, just different level bench marks. New players will eventually have to get used the idea to tougher competition against opponents who are just flat out more experienced and probably have access to more cards.
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Same problem yes, but lighter transition. Less DEFS and Primclone and more modded starters = more wins streaks = treasure battles = improvement

And at least stuff like the DEFS outbreak will be contained in some level (i.e. left to the vets :dalos: )
crimsonshade

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

You know it's funny the reason for not adding more arena's seams to be that there aren't enough players to warrent adding it because the few high RP players would get less games.

The problem with that is that likely one of the reason players keep quitting is because they constantly get matched up with high RP players.

So it seams to me to be a If you build it they will come problem If they put in a lower ranked arena so that new players can get a better feel for the game it will encourage new players to stay resulting in a larger overall community thus justifying the addition of an extra arena.

SO the high RP players will just have to take the hit of less games for a couple months until the player levels level out.
Metallix

Postby crimsonshade » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Metallix wrote:You know it's funny the reason for not adding more arena's seams to be that there aren't enough players to warrent adding it because the few high RP players would get less games.

The problem with that is that likely one of the reason players keep quitting is because they constantly get matched up with high RP players.

So it seams to me to be a If you build it they will come problem If they put in a lower ranked arena so that new players can get a better feel for the game it will encourage new players to stay resulting in a larger overall community thus justifying the addition of an extra arena.

SO the high RP players will just have to take the hit of less games for a couple months until the player levels level out.

I agree. They can Primclone each other ;th2
crimsonshade

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Here's what happened when they split Crest into two arenas (Regus and Crest) to help the level 1-3's survive against the Gowen Starter madness..

It took sometimes an hour just to find one game in Crest. It was ridiculous

They brought the arena back to normal, and the amount of games was fine.

Does splitting Folrart right now have the same potential problem? Most definitely.

Folrart will probably take at least an hour to get a match. They may as well make Folrart an RP arena instead.

Of course, if Folrart does become an RP arena, you can forget about there ever being any creative deck-building on the top level again. After all, there would just be Primclone and DEFS madness up there non-stop.

And thus everything falls apart. Fun fun.
luckysvn777

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Metallix wrote:You know it's funny the reason for not adding more arena's seams to be that there aren't enough players to warrent adding it because the few high RP players would get less games.

Read the above it is more important to get new players than to give the high RP players easy access to matches.

Also as a point there isn't any real creative deck building with the high RP players now anyway they all just play meta copies.

Hell there is alot of potential power decks out there that don't get built for the single reason high RP players are to scared of loosing there high RP to try.
Metallix

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Except there is a slight problem if Folrart and the whole game completely collapses upon itself before the playerbase grows in.

Which is quite likely to happen. Especially since there will always be some problem for people to whine about anyway.

And that second statement depends on your definition of high RP.
luckysvn777

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

and just how would the game collapse it is already in the red as far as profits go?

High RP is about 1800+ and you will find 90% of them are running meta's.
Metallix

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau