Gran per week suggestion

User suggestions to improve the game

Gran per week suggestion

Postby arfort » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:05 pm

I think it'd be a good idea to increase the minimum game to get Gran per week from 1 to 10 and increase the minimum amount of Gran gained from 10 to 20 for the people not in the ranking. It would make the weaker players want to play more for sure. 10 games isn't much, just 1 game per day and 2 on the weekend so isn't hard to reach. 20 grans is the equivalent of winning 10 games, losing 0 and finishing in the ranking. It isn't too much and it gives everyone 2 grans per fight for the first 10 fights per week basically. If people just throw battles to get this faster they aren't gaining much since it's 20 grans per week no mater how many games you play. It's that way currently anyway, since if you don't want to play you can just come in to your 1 game per week and press the give up button. 30 grans is a good number too, would mean 1 card per week from the lottery guaranteed.

This is just a suggestion, just figured that increasing the number of minimum games per week will definitively help increase semi-active player activities. Increasing the minimum gain is really just to lower the amount of whining but it sounds like a fair deal to me since people will have to put in more games.

EDIT: Edited for clarity... probably. Also I eat babies. I do think of the little guys a lot.
Last edited by arfort on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arfort

Re: Gran per week suggestion

Postby Grain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm

It's so nice that arfort finds time to think of the little Iczers.

We should remember that cents turn to dollars.
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:49 pm

I actually think this is a pretty good idea (though it took me a few reads to understand exactly what you were suggesting). The beauty of it is that it would be incredibly easy to implement for the japanese programmers, yet it could potentially boost the number of duels being played every week. And because the new minimum games played is coupled with a boost to the gran received as well it wouldn't be as likely to anger the current once per week players into just out right quitting (or atleast not playing non-mirage master alteil ever).

I wouldn't count on it happening cause as far as I know it never happened in the Japanese game and their not big on changing things from the Japanese game, but who knows, its an interesting thought at the least.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. (Admittedly, it might be the final nail in the coffin for my actual dueling, but it still sounds like a good idea.)
Illyasviel

Postby slashzero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:47 pm

I don't think this would help getting casual players to play more at all. Artfort might not realize this since he has time to blow on at least 80 games a week but the rest of us don't have that much free time. I myself only play about one game a day, and I haven't even started school yet, which will be like taking a sledgehammer to a glass box holding all my free time.

As I see it, Alteil gives out a minimum of 80 gran a week to casual players who want gran: 70 to people who play 10 gran MMs (It really is the most efficient use of your time unless you're good at memory games and have fast internet), plus another 10 for playing. If you propose raising the limit on the number of games needed to get gran, and also up the amount of gran rewarded for playing, then you're increasing the amount of gran by x-10 for players who play fairly often, and decreasing the amount by 10 for casual players that spend less than an hour and a half a week playing Alteil (not counting MM, assuming a game lasts about 9 minutes, which is an underestimate... maybe two hours would be better).

Sure, this would probably promote some people to play more, but you have to think about how many people you'd be pushing away from the game at the same time. I know I won't have two hours a week to blow on just playing Alteil (sans tournaments/events, etc.) when my schedule gets hectic.
slashzero

Postby Phades » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:57 pm

DanTheTimid wrote: And because the new minimum games played is coupled with a boost to the gran received as well it wouldn't be as likely to anger the current once per week players into just out right quitting (or atleast not playing non-mirage master alteil ever).

This depends entirely upon how they are matched up. If they were paired up regularly against the top end players, who incidentally also play more often, then it could likely drive them away through continual repeated losses. The other side of this coin is that the guys who do play more often and are sucessful can stand to earn far more gran now if this is instituted, since i haven't read anything about an upper limit cap on how much they can earn from their total victories in a week.

Putting more people into play is a good idea though and the likelyhood of everyone of them hitting a lot of losses from the top end of players is smaller if they all play at the same time, which would give a higher ratio of matching themselves against each other. However, this also assumes a strong base of participation and similar play schedual times.
Phades

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau