A couple of small things that I think would help the game

User suggestions to improve the game

A couple of small things that I think would help the game

Postby lunchboxx10 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:24 pm

I had some ideas for improvement that I bet a lot of players would appreciate. The first thing is the waiting for you opponent to decide box. It's too big and covers up the part of the chat that you want to see. Maybe make that smaller or move it. The second is the limit on how much you can write in chat boxes. I can't write a whole sentence without splitting it in half so this would be nice to have.

Something nice to have also would be a guild forum that only your guild can see. We could discuss card strategies w/ one another without giving up our soul cards and the rest of our deck. I know there is a chat room but For the chat room to work everyone would have to be there at the same time. The forum would allow people to just check in whenever they want and post what they want. Plus it would add some more guild "bonding" if that's what you want to call it.

I dont know if you would want to do this but guilds member could donate FM to the guild and that could be distributed to the guild members that need it. Since you don't buy FM, I don't think it would be really that much of a hassel.

;a33 Just food for thought. What does everyone else think?
lunchboxx10

Re: A couple of small things that I think would help the game

Postby Phades » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:27 pm

lunchboxx10 wrote: It's too big and covers up the part of the chat that you want to see. Maybe make that smaller or move it.

You can click and drag the opponent is deciding box to where ever you want it.

lunchboxx10 wrote:The second is the limit on how much you can write in chat boxes. I can't write a whole sentence without splitting it in half so this would be nice to have.
I agree, wordwrap is our friend.
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Thought can have food? :lol:

The first thing is the waiting for you opponent to decide box. It's too big and covers up the part of the chat that you want to see. Maybe make that smaller or move it. The second is the limit on how much you can write in chat boxes. I can't write a whole sentence without splitting it in half so this would be nice to have.

Left-click and drag it.

Something nice to have also would be a guild forum that only your guild can see.

Grain thinks this was brought up before. If it was, we don't have any now.

I dont know if you would want to do this but guilds member could donate FM to the guild and that could be distributed to the guild members that need it. Since you don't buy FM, I don't think it would be really that much of a hassel.

This would make guilds more useful.

It's all up to the Japanese Alteil staff to decide.

The second is the limit on how much you can write in chat boxes. I can't write a whole sentence without splitting it in half so this would be nice to have.

This was denied.
Grain

Postby Phades » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Grain wrote:
The second is the limit on how much you can write in chat boxes. I can't write a whole sentence without splitting it in half so this would be nice to have.

This was denied.

Yeah, but we don't have kanji to compress our characters together to work around the non-wordwrap limitation. Basically, in order to actually say something coherent, it requires the user to spam the server with several broken lines of text. Of course while we are at it, it would be nice for enter to input the text too, but i suppose since asking for a 20+ year old line of code being too much to ask for, that would be out of the question as well.
Phades

Postby lunchboxx10 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm

lets make it smaller so we dont have to drag it everytime then
lunchboxx10

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Phades wrote:Yeah, but we don't have kanji to compress our characters together to work around the non-wordwrap limitation. Basically, in order to actually say something coherent, it requires the user to spam the server with several broken lines of text. Of course while we are at it, it would be nice for enter to input the text too, but i suppose since asking for a 20+ year old line of code being too much to ask for, that would be out of the question as well.

You have to press enter twice, just like Japanese.

Once to choose kanji, and a second time to input the sentence.

lunchboxx10 wrote:lets make it smaller so we dont have to drag it everytime then

You'll only have to drag it once.
Grain

Postby Phades » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Grain wrote:
Phades wrote:Yeah, but we don't have kanji to compress our characters together to work around the non-wordwrap limitation. Basically, in order to actually say something coherent, it requires the user to spam the server with several broken lines of text. Of course while we are at it, it would be nice for enter to input the text too, but i suppose since asking for a 20+ year old line of code being too much to ask for, that would be out of the question as well.

You have to press enter twice, just like Japanese.

Once to choose kanji, and a second time to input the sentence.
Never bothered trying to hit enter a second time after the first failed to do anything. Of course going that route, you have to hit it twice for every line roughly every 4 words typed....
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Phades wrote: Never bothered trying to hit enter a second time after the first failed to do anything. Of course going that route, you have to hit it twice for every line roughly every 4 words typed....

:lol:
Grain

Postby AnnaTheRed » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 am

Grain wrote:

This was denied.

No, it wasn't.

This has been worked on since someone brought it up.
It may seem simple enough to just increase the number of characters you can type in the chat, but changing what it's been for 4 years is not that easy...
But we are working on this!

About donating FM to the guild,,,
It's sad that we always have to worry about cheaters, but if we let people do this, people with multiple accounts could donate FM to another account inside the guild. It's not a big deal now, since FM is only useful to buy avatars & items at this moment, but this can be troublesome when we have FM lottery in the future.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby lunchboxx10 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 am

dont let people have multiple accounts
lunchboxx10

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau