Improving the Game: Listing your ideas/solutions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Improving the Game: Listing your ideas/solutions

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks ANIME for summing up my points way better than I did. *is sooo tired from unpacking and setting up his new room at school*
luckysvn777

Postby ANIMEniac » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 pm

He lucky is starting and I am finishing (or hoping to) this quarter.

Anywho, to further cement my point. Before set 5, i was running mid-level EN type deck. Gowen decks were either easy to deal with, or the most difficult, outcome being how the player played his cards. The typical Kurina>Spore>Monk and Dryad Soldier Soldier SS were quickly dealt with my Skel War and Fenrir Combo. Toss Eska at the right timing and they will feel the pain. I can try to predict when they would res or not, so I play Succibus to prevent my field being made useless by a damage SS. Same thing goes for the timing of Fireball. If i see it coming, Succi is ready.

With those measures, I am still relying on the fact of those plays. If the opponent doesn't then i can be in serious trouble. Also, most decks carry single target type SS. If the deck has more AoE type damage (pixie, des) then that will also hurt. If they pack multiple Fireballs and fire arrows, yea, I'm going to really feel those with my deck's highest HP being 40...
ANIMEniac

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:32 pm

The 1000 gran starters that are for sale are way too useless. I suggest some "upgraded starters" or something like that instead, that would encourage people to buy them and they would get something probably worth the 1000 gran.
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:01 am

zwanglos wrote:Or that level 150 guy with Verlaat and the Breakfast Club...

that's a card? was that a special seasonal thing, because i totally want one, as long as it spotlights Ally Sheedy. she was so much cuter than Molly Ringwald...

zwanglos wrote:Do away with this obnoxious "you can't see anyone in the lobby, and you can't choose who you fight, ever" completely and give us the options of who to fight, host games, etc.

agree.

zwanglos wrote:Keep the random pairings, but give us a chance to decline or accept a match-up before the game begins. I'm basically doing that myself anyway, by immediately quitting games that I know I'm going to inevitably lose due to card differences. Makes absolutely no difference to me, since I'm convinced I'd lose the game anyway. End result is just a bit of wasted time for myself and the opponent, who doesn't even get much experience anyway because I'm 20-130 levels below him.
- Let us do random pairings within search parameters. For example: "Search for opponent between levels XX and XX."

i like the ideas...but you should never assume you'll lose off the bat based on level differences. so far i've only played once in the rated arena, and that was a while ago...during that event...can't remember exactly....anyways, one fight...i was like...level...11...ish? i'm not much higher. anyways...got paired up with like a 30 something level person, and i won. i was surprised, sure, but all i'm saying is you never know.

zwanglos wrote:Basically, my point is this: when the card/deck gap is so large as it usually is in most my games, it isn't even a game of skill, strategy or luck anymore. It's just me getting slaughtered. A lot. I know it's not fun for me, but I don't understand how it could be fun for you guys, either.

dunno. sometimes losing is fun. but i'm a bit of a masochist. got a favorite safety word and everything.
but seriously i think the rating system...is...a bit much. a tad unnecessary. i agree with being able to better filter or choose your opponents (if you so choose to) but an arbitrary star system for a deck based solely on the type of cards it has in it, which isn't necessarily indicative on its own of how good it is (yes, i did see your addition of how it would increase/decrease based on play) just seems like a waste.

i would agree that perhaps offering the exact same starters as you get a choice of when you first start is slightly...meh, considering if you're unsatisfied with it after the fact you could start a new account and test them all and blah blah blah (you get the point)

suggestion!: how about every so often, there are new events/contests centered around the people of Alteil, designing a new starter. the winner, gets...well...whatever. but more importantly...the winning deck, gets added to the shop to be bought at starter price. or as many of them as the GMs find to be just too darn intriguing to not put up there. i don't know what sorts of parameters would be set up to prevent obvious "too overpowered shenanigans" but..yeah...you get the point. (i say that a lot...)
Eladin

Postby Gota » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Make Potions purchasable by FM

That way, this game becomes a little more on the grind side, and would promote more arena activity.
Also, this makes leveling for cards more realistic, and makes potions actually usable.
Gota

Postby Galandros » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 am

I was trying to find this for a few minutes. Didn't realize when the boards got re-organized this switched forums. Anyways I've always been a big proponent of supporting the free/new players with small set packs, etc. Reinforcements was one of my favorite things added to the game, and it's not something I use.

I was thinking "man I hope that we see a new Reinforcement pack every set or so". Ideally the old ones continue to stay in the store even when new packs come up. This way newer players who are working towards their first sets of their packs can still finish them.

So I sat down and made "Reinforcement 2" packs. I flavored each one after their most common subtype 1 (Solar Kingdom, Duchy of Crest, Mercenary Nation, Wizard Kingdom).

I tried to make sure each pack had at least 1 new 1 star and 1 new 2 star in it. I also added at least 1 card in each sphere that "buffed" their other units. I came up with a few options, but in the end I came up with these. And Guardian was not considered. ;)

Solar Kingdom
Knight of Shrine Zero
Sunlight Knight
Elite Folrart Acolyte
Pegasus Knights
Magic Bolt

I went with Zero because it is not range 1, which Refess has plenty of, and still is a playable unit outside of SK files. Elite Folrart gives the Refess players their "upgrade" from Folrart Paladin.

Duchy of Crest
Crest Paladin
Crest Devil Knight
Crest Halberd Soldier
Crest Veteran Swordswoman
Curse Spell

Crest suffers from mid-levelitis. I put Paladin in even though he was in the EX packs. If data shows that a good % of the light/free players already have him, then he'd get replaced.

Mercenary Nation
Heierrat Broadsword Soldier
Amazon
Boomerang Fighter
Heierrat Mage
Rifleman Knight

Amazon isn't a Merc Nation but goes with the second sub theme, warrior. My preferred other option was Revolver Bladesman, but that gave Gowen 2 set 5 two stars. Miracle Fruit could sub in here to help vs those nasty returns.

Wizard Kingdom
Magic Greatsword Soldier
Mage Knight of Regus
Frost Bow Archer
Battle Mage of Regus
Lost Tome

Falkow gets Fencer's older (but newer) brother. Mage Knight for the buff theme, some range friends and a grimoire. Falkow can't be without one. ;)
Galandros

Postby NoFish » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Galandros wrote:Mercenary Nation
Heierrat Broadsword Soldier
Amazon
Boomerang Fighter
Heierrat Mage
Rifleman Knight

Amazon isn't a Merc Nation but goes with the second sub theme, warrior. My preferred other option was Revolver Bladesman, but that gave Gowen 2 set 5 two stars. Miracle Fruit could sub in here to help vs those nasty returns.

I would change Boomerang Fighter out for Heierrat Army to go more with the theme, personally. I'd also be hesitant about putting grims in these packs as the point of the packs is to make it easy to get three of a kind and grims are the one type of card you don't actually need three of most of the time.
NoFish

Postby Eladin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:51 pm

aren't reinforcement packs only 5 cards each?
Eladin

Postby Romdeau » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:38 am

Eladin wrote:aren't reinforcement packs only 5 cards each?

Yes they are, your point being?
Romdeau

Postby Silverrock » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 am

I'm pretty sure that the point is all the example decks have six cards... ;th2
Silverrock

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau