Anti Magic Swordsman Text is Inaccurate

User suggestions to improve the game

Anti Magic Swordsman Text is Inaccurate

Postby Pancakes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

The text on Anti Magic Swordsman is Inaccurate. I am awaiting a GM response. I have no suggestions to make about the card. I am waiting on a GM response. Amateur mods and trolls need not apply. :lol: I don't care if I get banned over this (seems like something that would happen here) because this is a serious bug report.

The text of this card tells me that I can play Anti Magic Swordman in position 1, and then a non magic immune unit in position 7, and I should be able to protect area 7 from flanking attack in doing so. This is important depending on which side of flanking attack I am playing off of. And the card text tells me that Anti Magic Swordsman should be able to protect a non magic immune unit that is what the text says!!

If you don't get why that is important, you should retire from Alteil.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Anti Magic Swordsman Text is Inaccurate

Postby rsvlito » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 pm

This one will get locked too.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby Teru » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Okay. Let's make it so that Anti Magic Swordsman isn't affected by Flanking Attack. Then let's have whatever unit would have appeared in Anti Magic Swordsman's slot just disappear because you can't have 2 units in one slot. Makes sense because that other unit doesn't have grimshield.

Note that Anti Magic Swordsman is in no way affected by Flanking Attack if this happens.

Otherwise you're making way too big of a deal over this. Totally not worth it.
Teru

Postby Perillisk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Well pancakes is right, no matter how you look at this issue.

And flanking attack aint a joke card just because you guys dont use it. It can be really useful, no idea why people undervalue it so much. :/
Perillisk

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:28 am

Do I really need to point out how stupid it is to make a new thread about the exact same thing when a moderator (in this case, Spears) locks a thread twice?

Well done. I have moved the thread for you, Pancakes.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 am

Now this is in suggestion subforum..

I would say it still works because its an formation attack, iczer pays like 2 sp to speed up his units to run fast enough to run around and ambush you from teh rear.

Bam! <(o.o<).^<)
Callonia

Postby Spears » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:50 am

What an interesting suggestion pancakes.
I agree that the text may be slightly misleading but the effect seems to be the best way to go about it.
Do you propose that except flanking attack is put into the text? what about when future cards with a similar effect are released. What about diondora ss on the ss immune stuff. Having a big list of exceptions written on the card isnt elegant but the burden of kowledge isnt too great either.
Perhaps this would be a great time to try out some of the shorthand stuff suggested in an earlier thread.
Spears

Postby fargone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 pm

But I think...

Pancakes wrote:Amateur mods and trolls need not apply.

Oh.. damn.

Spears wrote:What an interesting suggestion pancakes.
I agree that the text may be slightly misleading but the effect seems to be the best way to go about it.
Do you propose that except flanking attack is put into the text? what about when future cards with a similar effect are released. What about diondora ss on the ss immune stuff. Having a big list of exceptions written on the card isnt elegant but the burden of kowledge isnt too great either.
Perhaps this would be a great time to try out some of the shorthand stuff suggested in an earlier thread.

troll... oooppps...

lol - I meant lol

damn typo's

What more can anyone else say? I can only assume this is for our information only?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Gota » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Spears wrote:What an interesting suggestion pancakes.

so... did anyone test if dio ss works on Hellspawn and other SS immune units? Or is it safe to assume that it also move those units since flanking moves anti magic swordsman....?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 am

I've never seen Hellspawn effected by movement SS like diondora or flanking attack, but someone could post a test replay and prove me wrong.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau