POLL: Post-Errata Improvements

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

Which area of Alteil should be the next focus? (pick 2)

Poll ended at Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: Post-Errata Improvements

Postby mpastirik » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:42 am

Lateralus923 wrote:
mpastirik wrote:Rework of the experience system, the only way to describe the current implementation is bad.

What do you think needs to be fixed? The rate at which levels are gained or the interval at which we're rewarded?

Well i would like it to feel more like experience, now you only get experience if you win(1 xp for loss) and you gain most experience in this game from loosing and observing a better opponent. I would like it to change a bit to take into account the length of the match, maybe the lps you managed to take down, modified by the lvl difference and maybe rp difference. Currently xp feel like RP, you only gain it from wins(ok you don't loose but still) and it can be really frustrating for a new player who comes into forlant and is happy if he can win one of 10 games. Sure most the time its an auto lvl up but this rate just doesn't feel right. If you gain some decent amount of xp even from a loss it will encourage players to play even if they arent winning it all and not just hit the give up button when the encounter a 2k RP monster in forlant. Maybe it will encourage some players to play files for fun in forlant not only those files that got the best win rate. It would take quite some tinkering to find out a formula that will work right and maybe need some adjustments to the xp needed for lvls but this is the change that i would appreciate the most.
mpastirik

Postby YOUsir » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm

IMO, judging a game on turns isn't that great, since it would punish rush files who aim to win as quickly as possible.

IMO a nice formula would be:

If you win, EXP = (opponent's level + their new RP / 20 + 15*their previous wins in a row)/2

So let's say you beat a level 100 player who you knocked down to 1900 RP who had a 20 game win streak (blue star), your EXP would be: (100+95+300)/2=247 experience

And if you beat a level 65 player at 1600 RP player who just lost a game, you would get 65+80 experience = 72 experience.

Now, if you lose, EXP = (opponent's level/2 + LP you took out*5 + their new RP/30)/2.

So let's say you lose to a level 115 player at 1850 RP and you knocked out 6 of their LP, you would gain (57+30+61)/2 exp = 74 exp

Does anyone agree with these numbers?
And now, a special comment...
YOUsir

Postby Lateralus923 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

YOUsir wrote:IMO, judging a game on turns isn't that great, since it would punish rush files who aim to win as quickly as possible.

If you win, EXP = (opponent's level + their new RP / 20 + 15*their previous wins in a row)/2

So let's say you beat a level 100 player who you knocked down to 1900 RP who had a 20 game win streak (blue star), your EXP would be: (100+95+300)/2=247 experience

And if you beat a level 65 player at 1600 RP player who just lost a game, you would get 65+80 experience = 72 experience.

Now, if you lose, EXP = (opponent's level/2 + LP you took out*5 + their new RP/30)/2.

So let's say you lose to a level 115 player at 1850 RP and you knocked out 6 of their LP, you would gain (57+30+61)/2 exp = 74 exp

I don't even get 74 exp for a win.... let's try to be realistic here.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Galandros » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 pm

More tournaments (this could be it's own topic)

Better card accessibility: the gains to your card pool are very slow compared to other online tcg's out there.
Suggestions for this:
- level up choices at every level (I made a detailed post in Safiria's months ago about this)
- "novice" packs given for achievements, level ups, etc. These would only contain 1-3 stars. Don't make these starter cards so they can be recycled.
- faster ways to accumulate point cards: if you lowered the point card costs for trading in, then those who have used before would feel slighted, so then you'd probably want to set up a system for these users to email support and get point card difference refunded (say a user bought 2 5 stars and 1 4 star, that's 170 point cards, if a new system would make that be 140 point cards, they'd email support and get 30 point cards refunded)
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby ZeroX1999 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am

Lateralus923 wrote:
YOUsir wrote:IMO, judging a game on turns isn't that great, since it would punish rush files who aim to win as quickly as possible.

I don't even get 74 exp for a win.... let's try to be realistic here.

But the fact is, winning against a lower level person only gives 15 EXP at my level and I need to fill up 500 EXP for ONE level. I need 5000EXP to level and finding people higher level than me is more difficult than I thought. What I'm trying to say is that there should be an easier way to level.

Losing is a whole different matter all together. Only gaining 1 EXP is ridiculous after losing to Return and Elite Fencer several times in a row. The losing EXP should do the 10 turn thing also so that people just don't quit and get exp or pass one turn to get EXP.

@YOUsir
The problem with your formulas is that the public games give 1.5 times more exp and the potion added in to it will give crazy amounts of EXP.

And if you beat a level 65 player at 1600 RP player who just lost a game, you would get 65+80 experience = 72 experience. <--- With public game and say a x2 potion it will be 216 EXP, with only public game it is 144EXP.... yea that is too much.
ZeroX1999

Postby YOUsir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 am

Then just change the division constant appropriately.
YOUsir

Postby methebest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 am

i say they need to make lose exp 1-10 depending on lvls duno what to do about wins
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Lateralus923 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:33 am

methebest wrote:i say they need to make lose exp 1-10 depending on lvls duno what to do about wins

I think up to 10 EXP for losing is do-able.

Don't get me wrong YouSIR and Zero - I completely agree. I only need 400 exp for a level and it was months before my last level reward. Personally, I am more in favor of smaller rewards at X2, X4, X6, X8 for the higher levels, but anything to improve the leveling system would be nice.

To be honest, I actually plan on doing follow up polls for each "improvement" to narrow down the focus. For instance - "fix leveling system" could be:

A) change equations to give more exp per level
B) increase exp gained for losses based on performance
C) increase interval of rewards
D) give out a choice of bonus each level (FM gain% / TB% / EXP gain %)
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Spears » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:13 am

the only thing that bugs me about the lvl system is this is the only one ive encountered that the levels get harder to obtain AND the rewards get further apart. Kinda feel like it should be one or the other.
Spears

Postby YOUsir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am

I believe at 70, it just becomes 500 exp to the next level.
YOUsir

PreviousNext

Return to Features