Poll: Card accessability

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

What's the best way to get more cards?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Total votes : 0

Poll: Card accessability

Postby Otonashi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Big edit:

I have learned something new today! Trying to add options to the poll resets the votes, which is very inconvenient. People who have voted before the edit will have to re-submit, and I'll try to avoid having to change the options in the future...

Oh, and by some miracle I found the old results in my browsers cache.
http://a.imageshack.us/img836/2614/neat.png

--------------------

So, let's talk about Card availability. Lateralus's poll shows us that this sort of improvement is what the Iczers want the most, but what is the best way to do this?

Here's a few options for now.

Extra ways to earn gran: Speaks for itself, you can't even buy things if you don't have gran! Perhaps they can add other mirage master-esque activities, or put in one of those things where you fill out surveys and click on ads for lots of stuff (like in Artist's signature).

Full Set box: Of course, it would be fairly pricy, but still cheaper than trying to buy regular boxes and packs for cards. Big spender option.

Sphere box/pack: Similar to regular boxes and pack, but their card poll draws from entire spheres instead of entire sets!

Gold Pack: Packs with higher rarity rates, in exchange for some other drawback (But is still well worth the money)

Improved level ups: Fill in those useless levels with something!

Old Cards go on sale events: Really, nobody buys the old sets anymore because the new sets cost just as much but are usually filled with stronger cards. Would you consider getting old cards if they were cheaper?

Ability to target specific cards: Buy all of the set 7 packs you want, you still might not get that Veteran Paladin you are looking for. If only there was an easier way...

Reduce chances of getting excess (4+) copies: Nobody likes to see eight copies of Ant Swarm in their box. Nobody. Fix that!

You may vote for an option not on the poll, just post here with what it is and I will add it when I can. There is room for 4 more options on this poll, one of which I'll reserve for "Other" if we do happen to fill up. But if you're going to suggest another option, make it sure it is relevant! I'll only add it if it makes sense (I'm not going to add "Nerf Elite Fencer" to the poll, for example...)
Otonashi

Re: Poll: Card accessability

Postby Galandros » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

I think these are all valid. I'll rank them below as far as priority.

1. Improve card level ups (I have a topic in SPB that devises a scheme for each and every level)
2. Add more ways in shop to buy cards. Segmentation is key to making sure as many of your customer segments are covered and have a buying option that is appealing to them.
3. Extra ways to earn gran (I like money...)
4. Chocolate cake avatar accessory (...whaaaat?)
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby methebest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 pm

another option could be the idea sugested by lots of people to make it so u can only get a max of 3 of a card in a box
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:28 am

For what it's worth, I still think the biggest problem with accessibility is being unable to target what you want. With 7 sets in, there are already a ton of cards out. What does a level up card matter? That's only a handful of cards every few months. Some form of targeted spending, as in gold packs or sphere boxes would help out soooo much with that and probably encourage more people to spend.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Kamerynn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:57 am

The stats generated in this poll can only be properly interpreted if one considers the ratio of paying players to free players. We all know who's voting for better cards for level-ups.

Accessibility doesn't seem an apt description of the actual problem: cost-benefit ratio for spenders. Since we're talking about a business, the question really needs to be, "how do we get more people to spend?" The answer - making spending beneficial enough to be attractive - is what the options in this poll are really about. That is, all except for better level-ups/gran gaining measures.

Scripted level-ups should simply evolve with the game (as new sets come out and old cards are obsolete). However, since some of the old cards are getting errata anyway, this might all be moot. The big players are looking at a 5* every 10 levels anyway. I doubt any of them chose that option (I know I didn't). I really don't think better level-ups is going to make for a better playing experience/environment. It certainly isn't going to help keep the business afloat. Neither is giving out more gran.

Back to what matters: I think Gon has nailed it: it's all about targeting. I don't see these options as mutually exclusive; why not sell entire sets and packs/boxes targeting specific spheres, for example?
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Postby Otonashi » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 am

You do have a point about what paying players choose versus what free players choose. I neglected to consider that. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I can implement that into a poll on this forum. (There's no way to add "Paying player" and "Free player" to the poll an expect people to pick one of them and one of the main options; There's going to be many people who pick two main options instead, intentional or not)

And no, they aren't mutually exclusive, but if it was so easy to implement them than it would be done a long time ago. We won't know for sure why they can't, but at least we can give them some direction on what to work on first.

I shall add "Targetting cards" to the poll, however.
Otonashi

Postby crimsonshade » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:16 am

That could make sense... but keep in mind that said ratio is not necessarily the same as the ratio of payers vs free only in the forums. I would guess a majority of forum goers are actually paying players.

I picked levelup cards mainly because I wanted to have more rewards aimed at newbies/free players to motivate them to endure Folrart a bit more. I admit my main focus wasn't on "card accessibility" but more on increasing new player retention, even if just for a little longer. We went from having 150+ players online, to currently ~60 players online at any time... obviously we've driven out many players who got hit by WK/PK too much, and I doubt they will be coming back any time soon. So we have to make sure that the ones that do stumble upon this place in the next few weeks/months decide to stay for a significant amount of time.

In terms of the Alteil business, I think it's better to focus more on expanding the playerbase for now instead of catering to the players already here. Improving accessibility for current players would likely serve to deter future newbies from playing even more, since more meta is accessible.

I haven't looked at Galandros's levelup scheme... but an idea would be for GMs to handpick levelup cards like in Crest, until maybe lvl 20-30. The idea is for GMs to decide on some key cards that will really help newbies be a bit more competitive - and allow players to be able to pinpoint them. One example would be the third copy of their starter 3*.

But really, I think all of the suggested choices should all be implemented at one point or another.

-------- tl;dr: Our first attempt at improving accessibility should benefit newbies/free players at least as much as spenders. Otherwise, their strength gap would just widen further.

Edit: Oto, I think the extra choice of "being able to target specific cards is a bit vague. Are you saying more point cards? Shops which sell particular cards? Or is it just a broad umbrella which you will break down later with another poll?
Last edited by crimsonshade on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
crimsonshade

Postby Otonashi » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 am

Let's go with a broad umbrella for now, since Point Cards don't need to be the only way (But it is something that could be improved).

That, and I really don't want to change the poll options again. You saw how that worked out.
Otonashi

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:06 am

Ick. More Level ups? Really. That's like last on my list :(
luckysvn777

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:52 am

There should be an "all of the above" button. Or multiple choices.

Anyway, I picked "old cards go on sale" provided they are cheap and the sales are often enough (like, 3 cards, a new one every 3-4 days with the oldest one rotating out).
LoneKnight

Next

Return to Features