POLL: Why have your friends quit? (player retention poll)

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

Why did your friends quit Alteil?

Total votes : 0

POLL: Why have your friends quit? (player retention poll)

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 am

The purpose of this poll is to help the staff better understand the reasons people quit and what can be done about it.

I know this may not be applicable to everyone, but if you have friends that quit, and they gave a general reason, please share!! :)

Obviously, if you are reading this, you haven't quit. I'd rather this not be a thread to complain about your biggest complaint about the game. Please be honest.

I have declined to put "card balance" as an option considering the state of the forums lately, and I don't want any skewed results because people want to stress that point. There will be an "other" option of course... so feel free to put it as your answer, but if it comes from the same people that always gripe about it, I'm not sure how much weight it will carry.

In addition, I have plans for a "what keeps you around?" Poll as well. Probably in a couple days.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Re: POLL: Why have your friends quit? (player retention poll)

Postby methebest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:48 am

none of my friends have quit but one who came close to quiting was because of some people being dicks some time people are just unable to get along and thats life also the games getting a bit boreing for me :P
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 am

My brother quit because he realized he won't catch up to me ever, and after I got the blue EX6, and the starter cards from the FM lottery, he may as well just play on my account.

You may argue that that's technically not quitting, but it IS basically one less account :P

He also doesn't play since, so I guess he got bored after that.
LoneKnight

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 am

methebest wrote:none of my friends have quit but one who came close to quiting was because of some people being dicks some time people are just unable to get along and thats life also the games getting a bit boreing for me :P

What could be done to make it less boring?

@ LoneKnight - what do you mean - "catch up"? Levels are pretty relative... or do you mean in card collection?
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby methebest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:57 am

i posted how in otos latest poll
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 am

Lateralus923 wrote:
What could be done to make it less boring?

@ LoneKnight - what do you mean - "catch up"? Levels are pretty relative... or do you mean in card collection?

Card collection. He played (well, MM'd) up to the higher rarity lottery then when the pulls just weren't good enough to continue he hopped accounts.
LoneKnight

Postby DDrgn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 am

I chose the first option, since the players I did meet in Crest don't seem to exist anymore after I saw them play a couple times in Folrart.

I don't blame them, as it is a pretty big jump, especially now, as more and more sets come out.

Any kind of card accessibility improvement would help retain those kinds of people. Probably. ;th2
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Artist » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 am

My friend NlogN who introduced me to the game quit because he said that "it doesn't matter if you're a good player or not, you need the cards to be able to win and some people pay thousands to get them, so there's no point for me to play anymore."

My friend Uranium235 quit because when he was first introduced to Alteil, he got totally addicted, and it was during finals, so he ended up getting really bad grades on finals because he played so much Alteil, so he swore to quit and focus on school work.

My friend hming14 quit because he said he just got bored of the game, it's not that fun.
Artist

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:03 pm

My one friend quit cause he lost like 36 games in a row once he hit Folrart. I almost quit earlier cause I lost somethin like 20 in a row at one point. I had to sit down and convince myself that I wasn't stupid and took a break from the game for like a week. Learning curve is too steep and it discourages people from continuing. It is an epic struggle to get over the hump. I even remember one person saying in here they "worked hard" to level up, and by that they meant that all their exp came from losses. That's kinda why I wanna be a trainer cause I know how frustrating it can be and I wanna help the noobs.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Godric » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 pm

my brother played Lawtia for a while, but he quit because he felt it would take far too long to get anywhere without paying.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Next

Return to Features