POLL: Why have your friends quit? (player retention poll)

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

Why did your friends quit Alteil?

Total votes : 0

Re: POLL: Why have your friends quit? (player retention poll)

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm

The game is just too expensive for most people.
Romdeau

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 pm

I voted on CpC, but crest->folrart is big too, just secondary in my opinion.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Eldena » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 am

One of my friends spent a small amount of money and went as far as lvl 70 with a 2 guradian splash falkow deck during set 4. His highest rp was 1960 or something close. When set 5 was out, he realized tha to he would have to pay again to compete and he was frustrated that despite his grinding and his 1000+ matches,he didnt even have enough point cards to get a single copy of a 5 star. He made a "eternal afel" file, fooled around with it a bit, and then decided to quit. His brother quit as well, due to boredom, so i am the only one left in our guild :D
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby Vascha » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I've introduced about 5 people to this game, they play for a couple of days, then quit. Entirely based on card acquisition. It is highly difficult to play a competitive file without spending a lot of money to get cards. And at 21 bucks for 75 cards... with no rarity guarantee is a serious issue. If packs or boxes had rarity guarantees many more people would probably stick around.. (an example.. I have purchased 5 boxes and between them have only gotten 1 5* card)

I read that a lot of people are complaining about how hard it is to obtain cards, specifically 3* and higher (also some are complaining about trying to collect 2* cards) I'm not really complaining about the cost of packs or boxes, nor do the people I know who have quit, but more about the rarity rates for the cost.

A couple of them have said, if the 5 card packs were guaranteed rarities they would be inclined to return and maybe even pay, but I find that doubtful.
I personally, would like to see packs have a better rarity guarantee and distribution. with each pack being guaranteed to have a 3-5* (either 1 3, 1 4, or 1 5 star card) unlike now where they are only guaranteed to have 2*s and 1*s (and i have purchased a couple of packs recently.. got 2 2* cards, and 3 1* cards in one of them...) and that is the biggest issue with the game. Card acquisition is really horrible, and difficult.
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Postby George911 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 am

Other: the game lacks pretty much in almost any category you can come up with. Saying almost any because nobody can complain about the graphics for a good reason.
- the care police
George911

Postby saintsolja » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:49 am

i would have to agree with vasha the packs are a little crummy it is nearly impossible for some to obtain a 3 star in packs. it seems u would have to buy at least 4-5 packs just to get one 3 star in one case it took me that many packs just to get my first marduk and another 4 for second marduk which is the only 3 star i've gotten from set 7. i'd say if they could make it where u were guaranteed at least one 3 star or higher in packs then not so many people wouldn't be frustrated with investing in packs. i know i was when i got set 5 packs didn't get a single useful card besides oversouls. anyways i would say the biggest issue is the steep transition to falrart. it used to be where it would take u 2 months to make a competitive file once u left crest arena for good but now it seems it would take longer just to get there. ever since i came back from my 2 set hiatus due to lack of internet i've wanted to quit so many times seemed like i would never be able to be a competitive player also with the fact i probably have the worst rp in existence (1341). All i can do is hope that i stop getting so many of the top players in alteil as my only opponents. well i guess the other thing i can do is hope i get this job and maybe spend a little on here later on.
reasons why i quit.... refess is still dependent on ex cards.....and i have no ex cards.
saintsolja

Previous

Return to Features