Poll: Favorite Deck Type

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

What is your favorite deck type/mechanic?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Total votes : 0

Poll: Favorite Deck Type

Postby Otonashi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:39 pm

What is your favorite deck type? There's many paths to take to victory, but which way tickles your fancy the most? I can't believe I said "tickles your fancy". Anyways. This poll is about favorites, again, not power. I know that File Destruction isn't top dog in the meta right now, but if you find it fun then go ahead and give it a vote. Here's a breakdown of the catagories, some of which are quite broad:

Direct Removal - Returns, and sometimes Inside. Throw the soul skills in here too.

Engage Control - You can't hit anything if you can't even attack, and some units even prey on engaged units.

Field Placement Control - Yeah, your big meaty melee guy is scary, so I'll make him go sit in the back for awhile. Bonus points if he gets eaten by a giant tree...

File Destruction - Killing your units without actually killing your units. Sure, I could punch your combat monk and make you lose a copy, but if Turn To Dust hits a copy it's essentially the same thing.

Mass Damage Big/Grimoires - Boom! Blam! Damage everywhere! Although, not just open skills. Bastandoora has a mean action skill, and Star Dragon tosses damage every which way too.

Offensive Counter/Close Effects - If I'm going down, I'm taking you down with me! Of course, some people like Folrart Guardian don't want to wait until they die before they kick your butt.

Revival/Cemetery Control - It's only a flesh wound! Get back up and keep fighting, again and again and again. Some units revive on a close like Undeads, but some revive by retrieving their used up copies.

Rush (Mid/Low) - What's more dangerous than a pirate? Five more pirates. Too bad there aren't any more pirates in Alteil, but the rush philosophy is basically that. Flood the field with more units than they can handle!

SP/Sphere Drain/Control - Big units are nice, but not very useful if you don't have the SP to set them. This type of file makes sure you never do.

Other - Self explanitory. Add anything I might have missed!

THINGS TO NOTE: Many units fall into multiple catagories, but vote for the one you like best. For example, Lycanthrope [Dagon] can self-revive, can be used in a rush, and can do some file control all at the same time, but what's your favorite part about him? That said, Lycanthropes are not a valid type for this poll because this is about mechanics, not tribes, and all Lycanthropes can be broken down into different mechanics. Shrine Knights are a rush, even if they are also a tribe! Etc.

I'm sure I missed a lot of things, but some of these categories can be pretty broad too. Think carefully about what cards can fall under which categories. But just in case, I've included "Other", so let me know if you have something else to vote for!
Otonashi

Re: Poll: Favorite Deck Type

Postby Skorn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Definitely cemetary control for me. Although my deck combines that with shutting down the opponent as well. Bring my guys back, and freeze yours so you cant do anything.
"Life sucks, eat a pickle."
Skorn

Postby kore » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Other-I prefer decks that have cards that combo each other, wk agi buff, sk agi,at,df buff, ex lap buff etc :) Dunno how to name such category, for sure those file require multiple other cards with same type :P
kore

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:30 pm

kore wrote:Other-I prefer decks that have cards that combo each other, wk agi buff, sk agi,at,df buff, ex lap buff etc :) Dunno how to name such category, for sure those file require multiple other cards with same type :P

Usually referred to as tribal files or combo files.

I picked the BIG DAMAGE ONE. Call me a simpleton, but there is nothing more satisfying than a field wipe! :D
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I like.... damage with thunderheads and bog, field control using snake + frog + teleport tho not tree, and deck destructions with golem and gorilla and lelein.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Otonashi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Hm, perhaps I should have added Agility Control. That's what WK would be without the returns, anyways. I still think those three examples would fall under Rush though, because Knight of 1st Shrine is pretty lame with just her own buff; it needs the other Shrine Knights buffs to go with them.
Otonashi

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:46 pm

MAGMA GOLEM
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Zetsurin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:37 am

Direct removal - such as Zalzagul & grim spam or Mystere + Belfyna
Zetsurin

Postby George911 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Other - Decks that cover everything. That's the focus.
- the care police
George911

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:47 pm

garcia1000 wrote:MAGMA GOLEM

I laughed. Not surprised at all garcia.
Romdeau

Return to Features