Poll: What do you want to see in EX cards?

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

What should EX cards be like?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Total votes : 0

Poll: What do you want to see in EX cards?

Postby Otonashi » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 pm

EX 7 will be coming any week now, so what are you hoping to see in these new EX's? We've seen a little bit of everything so far in our EX's, some more notable than others, but every EX has brought something new to the table in some way, whether it's the raw power of Black Valkyrie / Igina, the strong support from Holy Knight / Lapierre, the combo potential in EX: The Magician / Primerose (as many of the oldies know...), or the oddball tactics of Flight Master / Fomuna.

Standalone cards; They're strong on their own, and can fit into any file. Tend to be pretty easy to use, and don't require support to shine, so they're good at giving that extra little boost to an otherwise weaker file. A good example is our recent EX: Wizard Soldier.
Unique cards; They should do something that no other cards can. They aren't necessarily strong, but they throw a few surprises at anybody they face. Virtuoso / Rutina is a pretty nice example of this.
Support cards; Not very useful on their own, but they increase the effectiveness of regular cards. A great example is Gun Princess / Yuni.
Combo cards; Quite the opposite of support cards... They themselves get stronger when combined with normal cards! Red General / Ruby Eater fits into this catagory.
Counter cards; They should be able to excel against certain files that are otherwise too strong. An example would be EX: Forest Sorcress / Anttila. It's rather unfortunate that most of them aren't too hot outside of their niche, though, but maybe that would change?
Powerful cards; They are better at what they do than comparable regular cards. For example, Boy Inquisitor / Cudgel's Soul Skill versus Inquisition Nun / Cynthia's Soul Skill.

Again, there is an Other option! Because there's probably something I forgot about. Oh, there's also ANOTHER Other option. That's just a personal test, it seems I can edit the spelling of choices without resetting the votes. Maybe I should just fill the rest of the options with Others I can change when I need to. I'll try it next time.

Do note that, yes, a card could likely fall under multiple catagories, but which one is most important to you?

Also, I'm gonna get into the habit of stickying the most recent poll.
Otonashi

Re: Poll: What do you want to see in EX cards?

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Other: any option except Powerful
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 am

I really like EX cards like these: Yuni/Fierte, Riza, Bellita + Dullin, Lap, Gilensia, Igina, Ruby Eater

Cause they provide support for underused types and encourage more diversity in folrart. It would be cool if we got some beltorat units, carbuncles, or maybe martial artists.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby neviscus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:04 am

I have always felt that ex cards should do one of two things. Either help suffering deck types, or be unique, which in turn may spawn new decks, for better or worse (I am looking at you primclone!) I just feel that is fair for their limited time status.

I however voted unique, because I think that would be the one I like the most. One of my favorite ex cards is fomuna, because she is so off the wall random. I would like to see other cards like it that are unique. However the way the balance between all of the choices seems to be working
neviscus

Postby methebest » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 am

other;i dont know but deffinitly not fing op cards like that fing ex lap i hope she gets nerfed into oblivion
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 am

I'd like to see a variation of all of them. Am suggesting to do some research on what is most necessary for whatever...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Artist » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:01 pm

not only EX, but just high rarity cards in general should all have something totally special/unique about what they do. Much like how Thunderbolt is changed into, or something like the set 4 rare cards (always great cards IMO). Leave the powerful/boring/normal cards to the lower rarities.
Artist

Return to Features