Poll: What do you spend your gran on?

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

Poll ended at Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Total votes : 0

Postby Otonashi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Oh dang, I forgot again yesterday didn't I? Oh well, better late than never. It's kind of tough coming up with new poll questions nowadays, so let's try this.

What do you typically save your gran for? A lot of people have varying luck, and some people have their own theories on how gran is best spent... So what do you do with it all? I've excluded things that normally aren't purchased more than once, like Beginner Packs or the Starter Files.

Boxes - Packs ahoy! Buying in bulk is cheaper, if you're willing to commit to a single set. Usually a good buy when a new set launches.
Packs - Lotto doesn't cut it any more? Not feeling too lucky? Well, your good old friend the Pack always has a few 2*'s for you, at the very least. But is it better than boxes? Strictly by numbers, no, but some people theorize that you somehow get more rares...
Lotto (Pull as soon as you get gran) - You need as many cards as you can get, as soon as you can get them! After all, a card in your pool is a card you can use to win games.
Lotto (Save up to pull large numbers at once) - Some think that pulling in large numbers has a higher chance to get similar cards. Something about the RNG seed being based on time...? But some also think that it tends to be luckier as well, and are patient enough to wait until they save up for a larger pull.
Save for EX Packs - EX's can be pretty powerful, and it's usually gran well spent. Don't take your chances with the other options, EX Packs give you exactly what you expect.
Save for special events (Seasonal, etc) - There's always an event around the corner, and people are often complaining that they don't have the gran to afford it when it comes... So why not save up? Do you want 20 Salamanders from the regular lotto that badly instead?
Potions - Is leveling up or earning treasure battles more important than the usual methods? Sure, you could spend tons of gran on a box and pray for a 5*, but people that are a high enough level might benefit from getting some rare cards from level ups instead. Obviously, these would be for people who win lots...
Otonashi

Re: Poll: What do you spend your gran on?

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:58 pm

There should really be the option to choose 2 or 3 here. I mean, for example I save up for both events and EX packs (doesn't that count as an event?), whichever comes first. Although, I'll probably skip the EX lottery in favour of waiting for the EX packs this time. Wanna get my hands on dem new EX cards asap.
LoneKnight

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Chose other (all of the above). Not sure if you wanna change one of the reserved spots to that or not. Good poll :P
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Otonashi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Well, I increased the amount of options you can vote for by 1 (Turns out that doesn't cause a reset, so neato). I want to avoid people voting for too many though, because it doesn't really show what people put priority on when they spend gran.
Otonashi

Postby Artist » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:32 pm

You forgot to post gold boxes, which I voted for on reserve space 1.
Artist

Postby DDrgn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:50 pm

I used to do lotto as soon as I got gran, but I've most recently started just saving up weekly gran for packs and ex packs, if they're announced.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby kore » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Not really sure if gold boxes counts as special event.. anyway ex cards and gold boxes.
kore

Return to Features