Sphere lotto; Initial opinions

The place for all feature request polls. Come make your voice heard one click at a time

What do you think of the sphere lottos?

Total votes : 0

Re: Sphere lotto; Initial opinions

Postby Teru » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Except for the fact that you get 74 pulls from reg lotto with 400 Gran by recycling off-sphere cards, and only 20 from sphere lotto.
Doesn't necessarily 4x the rates, but...
Teru

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Maaaaaan... looking at the results, the forums are dominated by hardcore players.
LoneKnight

Postby imortal12233 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Otonashi wrote:
Teru wrote:If you extend that option to read: "I prefer getting a mix of spheres from the regular lotto, as well as 4x the chance for rares," then yes.

Except that would be a false statement. The rates aren't any different (apparently).

It's the case exactly because the rates are the same. meanining that with more pulls, you are more likely to get rares.
I also did some calculations based on assuming average recycle value of 7 gran, which makes sphere lotto a definite bad choice even for free starters. 6.5 or even down to 6 makes it possibly better for mono sphere alts or free players who are 100% sure they will never spend (though they should focus on ex packs instead), for whom this is only very marginally the better choice.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Lateralus923 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

LoneKnight wrote:Maaaaaan... looking at the results, the forums are dominated by hardcore players.

I used to put a statement like this in every poll I created, trying to get the GMs to post little memos on the front page, or even adding a small incentive (2 - 5 gran) for responding to polls they'd actually like answers to... because the entire reason of starting the polls in the first place was to gather data... or maybe it was just to give us the illusion of a voice?
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Previous

Return to Features