[Tier 1] No Moxy Tournament, Cowards Reunite! (Feb 16, 7 pm)

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

[Tier 1] No Moxy Tournament, Cowards Reunite! (Feb 16, 7 pm)

Postby Scientiafide » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Seems like there was some confusion about this tournament earlier. As I said in my earlier post, it's not a prank, and I intend on running this tournament (in fact I've been collecting signups). At the rate I'm going, I should have this tournament up and running by it's scheduled time without a hitch as long as there aren't any other unnecessary interventions. So sign up, show up, and get your free point cards! :D Now back to business...

*Ahem* Not everyone can be brave. While we like to glorify those few courageous ones willing to challenge overwhelming adversity head on, we often forget the many who are incapable of such a feat (whether it be due to lack of skill, courage, conviction, etc.) This is a tournament for the rest, those who prefer not to stand their ground. Those who wish to avoid conflict, or who wish that problems can just go away instead of having to deal with them.

Without further ado, I present the tournament ban/Restrictions list that will make this tournament a coward's paradise:

All monosphere Refess cards are banned.

All monosphere Gowen cards, with the exception of grims and cards with the Faerie subtype (cause locking is cowardly), are banned.

Mermaid Observer, Wandering Bard, Crest Saboteur Knight, Mediator of Sun and Moon, Folrart Flame Swordsman, and Exiled Military Aide are all banned (No Moxy!)

Refugee Spearmaster/Aria is also banned.

Proxy of light/Limier and Proxy of Flame/Pullermia are exceptions and are allowed in this tournament.

SS can be composed of any card from any sphere (Acceptable because it's cowardly that these cards are too afraid to take the field).

If there are any cards you feel I should ban or unban, let me know!

The tournament will be held on 7 pm (EST time) on Feb 16, and will be a double elimination tournament with single elimination for the Finals. File switches between matches are allowed (Sticking with one file all throughout may require too much bravery for some). Camping is not a problem, in fact it's encouraged!

Tournament signup

Assistant Hosts:

Participants:

1. LuciGhost
2. Aoyami
3. R3v3ngious
4. Karthik

Alts:

1. Hexagram

And just to clarify before I get a lot of flak (again): it's a joke. I play all spheres pretty much equally, it's all in good fun. I do plan on running this tournament, I just felt it would be a funny theme.

*Copypasta cause I'm too afraid to come up with something new*
Last edited by Scientiafide on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scientiafide

Re: [Tier 1] No Moxy Tournament, Cowards Reunite! (Feb 16, 7

Postby Logress » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:54 am

I assume you mean 'all monosphere Refess cards are banned'?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:50 am

So pretty much this tournament has the exact same kind of bans that mine had. Like mine it should be closed as it requires too many bans on a Tier 1 tourney.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby harvest4god » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:22 pm

VertuHonagan wrote:So pretty much this tournament has the exact same kind of bans that mine had. Like mine it should be closed as it requires too many bans on a Tier 1 tourney.

I have to agree. With the limitations. It's pretty much Falkow vs Lawtia.
harvest4god

Postby Khiruki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:30 pm

harvest4god wrote:
VertuHonagan wrote:So pretty much this tournament has the exact same kind of bans that mine had. Like mine it should be closed as it requires too many bans on a Tier 1 tourney.

I have to agree. With the limitations. It's pretty much Falkow vs Lawtia.

You can play pixies, multi-sphere files are allowed. I assume you can run Refess-Lawtia or Gowen-Lawtia, as long as you don't use mono-spheres from the banned spheres.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:35 pm

And Icy's first tournament was even more limited. It banned every card except for starter cards, but he still managed to run it right? No one came around to shut that one down. If anything, players can just use starter cards to enter this tourney, no one is being prevented from entering because of lack of cards. In fact, I'd go as far as to state that Icy's current tournament is also more restricting than mine, but clearly that hasn't stopped him from putting it together.

But gee, thanks for trying to close my tourney down instead of taking that up with Rom.

Anyway, Logress, I do mean monosphere cards; multisphere refess cards are fine. Thanks for that, I should probably clarify.

Scientiafide

Postby harvest4god » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:33 pm

What I mean is that you have closed down 1 entire sphere, and all but one subtype of another sphere. IT makes it just Falkow vs Lawtia which I feel is too restrictive. Sphere restrictions are too much in my opinion.
harvest4god

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:00 pm

But the whole point is to create an environment for cowards to get together and play each other. In order for that to happen, the brave have to be excluded. It's a good idea.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:48 pm

add me as alt

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Romdeau » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Looks like you ignored me and just opened up another heavily restricted tournament. Yes my standards are adjusting in response to the needs of this program and yes I'm aware Icy's first tournament managed to take off without a hitch.

Regardless, you did not follow a basic instruction (PM me a copy for approval) and that's where you are clearly at fault. Do this again and I will place you on a temporary suspension from making tournaments for a period of time. Scientia, I require that your first Tier 1 tournament be a tournament that restricts no more than 10 cards period. And that is the only restriction you can enforce. If you don't like it, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until your second tournament in order to be a running joke tournament.
Romdeau

Return to Community Tournaments