Battleforge now FREE2PLAY !!!

TCG's

Re: Battleforge now FREE2PLAY !!!

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks for the update Kamerynn. I admit I haven't played it much, but it hasn't been entirely due to lack of motivation or free time on my part, rather several times now I've had the game glitch or goof up. One morning it absolutely would not let me login, it'd say my login was successful then bounce me back to the login screen. Then this morning after not playing for a while I tried again, about 15 minutes into the third 1 player PVE map the game crashed. While alteil isn't with out its occasional crash or issue, I do believe I've had less issues with Alteil in the year+ that I've been playing it then I've had in a single week of playing battle forge, so battle forge seems to have some stability issues right now.

I'd say the biggest balance issue causer from what I've seen is the unit cap. In theory even though my units are weaker then the rare ones, I could mass more of my weaker ones to make up for it, but because of the unit cap, at some point I can't make anymore units, while my opponent can continue to stock pile his bigger more expensive units. There also seems to be an awful lot of AoE (Area of Effect) spells and abilities in this game that punish players for having larger amounts of weak units instead of a few stronger units, but I haven't seen enough of the cards to see if there are any single unit destruction spells as well that obviously punish the reverse.

Alteil starters seem to have been crafted to be competitive, they're generally flawed and have a lot of room for improvement but they already have a lot of strong themes/combos built into them. Battle forges free starters just seem to be a random assortment of cards from each sphere, enough to give you a taste of what the spheres are good at, but not really intended to be competitive.

Can anyone give me more information about charges and how they work, I still haven't quite figured them out, there something that also has me worried since from what I think I understand of them they also seem to give a clear advantage to players who spend more.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby arfort » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:18 pm

I didn't play the game all that much honestly but from what I played I can agree that it's not all that well polished and it's fairly buggy.
About charges, every time you summon units or you use a spell you expend a charge. For creatures, when you reach zero you can't play them for about two minutes at which point you go back to 1 charge. For spells, if I recall my spells stayed at zero charges forever.

So even if the game might be cheap like some are suggesting, it doesn't scratch my ccg itch at all. I'm going to pass on this one. Surely someone will come out with games that are good without expecting their players to spit out ridiculous amounts of money.
arfort

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Edgar, nothing further to comment? I agree with the rebuttals and that Alteil could use some serious changes with regards to the distribution and value we receive for our purchases.
Romdeau

Postby Phenoca » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:01 am

This isn't much of a card game, though you can collect cards... The gameplay is involving; however,the game looks like a Shattered Galaxy clone to me.
Phenoca

Postby lupos » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 am

Opinions Expressed by Edgar do not necessarily reflect those of the Alteil Staff, Management, or any clear thinking person. Read at your own risk. ;th2
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Chainsawhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Just to give everybody an idea on just how much you have to pay to be competitive in BattleForge;

50 bucks got me 2 competitive decks and probably a little under 40% of the cards in the game. Granted, I got lucky with boosters and got some nice cards out of it. I was able to sell the cards I didn't want in the AH for a very reasonable sum that I was quite happy with. The Auction House is excellent and values are usually just right and make sense.

So after a month of playing those 2 decks I spent 70 more dollars. I now have every non-promo card in the game as well as some doubles which you can use to upgrade cards. That's a whole lot of decks and a whole lot of room to tweak them. (My favorite is mono blue and blue/green)

With Alteil (Don't get me wrong I love this game) I have spent over 200 dollars. I have a single deck. 2 if I count my just-above-newb refess file.
Chainsawhead

Postby harvest4god » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Chainsawhead wrote:Just to give everybody an idea on just how much you have to pay to be competitive in BattleForge;

50 bucks got me 2 competitive decks and probably a little under 40% of the cards in the game. Granted, I got lucky with boosters and got some nice cards out of it. I was able to sell the cards I didn't want in the AH for a very reasonable sum that I was quite happy with. The Auction House is excellent and values are usually just right and make sense.

So after a month of playing those 2 decks I spent 70 more dollars. I now have every non-promo card in the game as well as some doubles which you can use to upgrade cards. That's a whole lot of decks and a whole lot of room to tweak them. (My favorite is mono blue and blue/green)

With Alteil (Don't get me wrong I love this game) I have spent over 200 dollars. I have a single deck. 2 if I count my just-above-newb refess file.

The last post on this forum is getting close to 2 years ago. Please don't necro these.
harvest4god

Postby Chainsawhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:35 pm

harvest4god wrote:
Chainsawhead wrote:Just to give everybody an idea on just how much you have to pay to be competitive in BattleForge;

The last post on this forum is getting close to 2 years ago. Please don't necro these.

Oh shoot. I'm new on the forums and didn't notice. Sorry. I'll be more careful from here on.
Chainsawhead

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Actually, I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't do it for the sake of trolling. IE responding to a 1 liner question asked by a person with 3 posts 2 years ago. What you did here is perfectly acceptable.

P.S. I'm a forum mod
Romdeau

Previous

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt