Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Anime and Manga

Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Similar to my thread in the gaming forum, I'm finishing off my last exam in 3 hrs and I'm going to need something to wash the stress and sorrow away (also something to watch while playing Alteil...)

I'm open to most genre of anime/manga, but I'm looking for at least 2 of the following 3 things in an anime/manga:
1) Story
2) Artwork
3) Entertaining
4) Complete (I like marathoning series so I usually dont read/watch something until it's complete)

My current watch list is:
RahXephon
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
Toradora
Monster
Angel Beats!
Level E
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Occult Academy

My current read list:
NOTHING...T_T

Series I enjoyed and would want to watch similar series:
Lucky Star
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Haruhi Suzumiya

But yea, I basically read and watch every genre...as long as the manga/anime is good...I'll watch/read it.
Last edited by Ginnazoh on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginnazoh

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:57 pm

You forgot your unspoken rule that you don't watch any series until it's finished broadcasting.

The first episode of Deadman Wonderland really impressed me, it'll probably end up being my favorite series for this season. I was so impressed by episode 1, I read all of the fan translated (43) chapters of the manga. And I liked that too (not as much, but still good).
Romdeau

Postby Ginnazoh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:05 pm

I thought I said complete xD

but yea so far I found a few series I'm going to watch to add to my list...something fun to do while grinding eggs...so first post updated
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Just found another really good one I'm enjoying...look up The Beast Player Erin
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Here are some I really liked:

Ga Rei Zero
Cross Game
Beck
Higurashi
Clannad
Higashi no Eden
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Ef - A tale of memories/melodies

And regarding your list, I definitely endorse Toradora, Angel Beats, Level E, Ika Musume, and Index. I also really liked what Rom is watching (Kemono no Souja Erin)
crimsonshade

Postby azurewrath » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm

I see Level E is getting around in the Alteil world :D
azurewrath

Postby Gota » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

all ur fault azure haha, but ya i started to watch that too. Its enjoyable.

recommending...

hunter x hunter (Gon's avatar, 'nuff said)
yu yu hakusho (old school, but one of my favorites)
hajime no ippo (boxing, no, you don't have to know about how to box to enjoy this)
fate stay night (Another of my favorites, art is good in this one, visual novel version is better if you have time to play it, its what rom would say! haha)
tengen toppa gurren lagann (Unique styled art, good story, mecha)
Chrome Shelled Regios (Wish this one was longer... but it was good nonetheless)
Code Geass (How can I not post this as a member of 'Order of the Black Knights'? Lol)
Hikaru No Go (again, no you don't have to know how to play go to enjoy this)
Initial D (Racinggggg!)

stopping there, damn.... I've watched too much anime.... those are not even a third of what I've watched... >.>
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby azurewrath » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 am

I guess I'll make a quick list later.... but for now, I would like to note that Yu Yu, Hunter, and Level E are all from the same author : D. One of the best methinks.
azurewrath

Postby Ginnazoh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 pm

haha I've probably played the FSN VN more than Rom...and I just can't enjoy the anime as much after reading Heaven's Feel route...I love that last route, so epic
Ginnazoh

Postby alvisto » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 pm

I would mention to you my all-time favourite and some of my favourites for some genre...

All time favourite:
Full Metal Alchemist (The old one and the new-brotherhood)
- Both series share deep story with a vast fantasy world, engaging characters, lots of laughs, lots of tears, lots of drama, and lots of "I am young so friends are important" stuff. If you are into shounen stuff and don't want long anime like Bleach, this is a good choice. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is currently the highest rated anime on the wensite myanimelist.com (something like that)

Romance + Comedy
1. Lovely Complex -> Winner hands down. Combines romance & Comedy perfectly. Win Toradora by 1000x. This is one of the most underdiscovered gem imho. xD
2. Toradora -> Used to be my favourite, but now no more. xD

Pure Comedy
1. School Rumble 1 -> Pure comedy gag, brainless storyline but likable, and lots of tear-inducing scenes.
2. Seto no Hanayome -> My favourite comedy that I have watched last year. This is just too funny. xD

Harem Comedy
1. Sora no Otoshimono -> Harem comedy at its best. Simply amusing. Both seasons are nice.

Horror
1. Higurashi -> Highly acclaimed and sought after, but I haven't managed to finish it (due to exam hiatus) sigh xD Not motivated to finish this atm.
2. Ghost Hunt -> Anime describing various professions (Priest, Monk, Spirit Medium, Scientist, Maiden) working together to cleanse haunted places/legends and catch ghost ! xD

School Comedy
1. Ouran High School Host Club -> Best school comedy + romance in my opinion. Don't let the art put you off, the comedy is just xD xD xD
2. Kaichou wa maid-sama

Ecchi Comedy
1. B Gata H Kei -> A story about a middle school girl trying desperately to get laid in order to become more womanly, and the man that she targets is one ordinary, plain, uninteresting male classmate. Lots of laugh stuff...

Pure ecchi
1. Kiss x Sis -> This is plain O.O

Actually I do watch TOO MUCH anime, I have infinite list going on... These are the ones that I could remember.

P.S. : Oh ya, for some extra stuff
1. Gantz - horror
2. Liar Game - Japanese drama, nice stuff
alvisto

Next

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy