POKEMON!

TCG's

POKEMON!

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 am

Dude, I think most of you had played pokemon TCG at one point or another, so if you didn't know, I'm here to share this old rom that I found today that just made my Easter day.

I've played the old version, the one for GameBoy Color. I didn't know there was a sequel, because it was japanese exclusive.
So I found this rom that was translated by some fans and all the cards are in english!

Been playing it all Easter day! Hahahahaaah. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to be able to play pokemon TCG again.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokemonInterne ... 3341343/1/

DL VBA
DL the game from that first link in that guys post
open VBA
load game
profit
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Re: POKEMON!

Postby Teru » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 am

What?! People actually played with Pokemon cards? I thought they were just for trading and looking cool

...the hell are "benched pokemon" anyway could never figure that out as an 8 year old
Teru

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks for the link, I will probably play it later.
I also played the original pokemon card game on the gbc (via emulator), was fun :).
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby methebest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 am

they need an online version lol
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:09 am

methebest wrote:they need an online version lol

they do have one, go google it. The animations and stuff looked really slow tho from youtube videos :X and I'm currently content with just being able to collect cards and play the game again, even if its against npc. It is quite alright for pokemon tcg since ALOT of it is flipping coins haha.

Also, this sequel is exactly where the sets were left off irl too, so this sequel has the dark and team rocket sets that follows the first card game for GBC. Which suits me just fine since that was about when I stopped playing back in the day hah!
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby neviscus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:55 am

Is it just the sequel or are both their? Either way you just became slightly cooler in my book. Is iwakumi (or whatever his name was) still in the game?
neviscus

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 pm

don't know what you mean by "both their"

This is the sequel, it still has all the old cards, it just added like a bunch more cards that was released after the original three sets. The story takes place right after the last game. There is a new island in addition to the old one as well. There are also extra rule battles in some where it will make the battles somewhat more interesting at times such as "lightening pokemon do 10more dmg per atk" "all pokemon's retreat costs increases by 1" etc etc.

Yes, that crazy confusion guy is still in the game, poping up randomlly.
Gota

Postby neviscus » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 pm

By thier I mean the website. I meant is the prequel there is as well. Only me in my fail english put thier, instead of there
neviscus

Postby Gota » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 am

I'm sure you won't have any problem googling for the first one since that one was officially released in english.

This one was rare because it was never released in english, this one is only translated by fans and released on the internet. Do note that all the cards are translated, however, some parts of the story are not, so you might need to consult a FAQ on gameFAQ.com to get through parts of the story if you are stuck.
Gota

Postby InfernityFan2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 am

I've been trying this lately:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/

There are two games in that website,
1) Pokemon Training Challenge
Basically, you play against NPC using theme decks (like structure decks in yugioh or power file in here). For starter (and free players), you got each Basic Red, Blue, and Green. There are five other theme decks that can be unlocked by inputting the code got from buying the real theme decks.
2) Pokemon TCG Online (Closed Beta)
This one is where you can build deck, play against others, and trade cards. Since it is closed beta, it is only accessible by buying at least one booster pack of BLW and input the code in that particular booster pack... at least until the end of august. After that, the game will move on to open beta, and it is still unknown if free players can access it thereafter. Only for this closed beta, players will get some free booster packs. Play longer and you'll get up to 20 booster rewards as thanks when the game open to public.

Anyway, I only tride Pokemon Training Challenge so far. I have to say it's quite good. here's my review in form of plus-minus:

(+) Fully-automated Pokemon TCG. It's quick too if you disabled the animations. Even quicker if you click the game continually.
(+) I really like the 'how-to-get-cards' system. Rather than buying separately for the offline and online version (like yugioh and its official online game), this game combines both :) Oh, and you can trade.
(+) A lot of developers, so the game is continually being developed (at least for now).
(+) Seeing the forum posts, I assume the community is huge and the company moderators, which are many, are not a lost cause.
(+) Nice avatar system, but it might be not your taste.
(+) Very nice (but slow) tutorial. It helps me a lot :D

(-) Bandwidth-killer
(-) The interface is a bit awkward I think. One most important thing I dislike about the interface is there is no big-card-details-upon-hover. You have to click the card to zoom and see the card's effect, which is rather annoying.
(-) Human POV. It made seeing your opponent's cards a chore. I prefer the bird POV like in here, current NDS Yugioh, DuelingNetwork, etc.
(-) It looks like the target gamers are far more for kiddies. i.e. what browser games nowadays include parental section? Of course it can be a plus for others :v
InfernityFan2

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt