A Masterpiece, Game of Thrones

Television and Movies

A Masterpiece, Game of Thrones

Postby InfernityFan » Sat May 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh man, this series is a masterpiece! Intricate politics, fantasy-yet-at-the-same-time-realistic Medieval Settings, many morally ambigious characters, awesome-useful OP, just to name a few. This series is where most morally better characters get BAD END :roll: Can anyone recommend me a movie/TV Series/anime/manga that has deep politics or good medieval settings like Game of Thrones?
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Re: A Masterpiece, Game of Thrones

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 28, 2011 8:46 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Oh man, this series is a masterpiece! Intricate politics, fantasy-yet-at-the-same-time-realistic Medieval Settings, many morally ambigious characters, awesome-useful OP, just to name a few. This series is where most morally better characters get BAD END :roll: Can anyone recommend me a movie/TV Series/anime/manga that has deep politics or good medieval settings like Game of Thrones?

I haven't read that series yet, but it is on my to do list. I heard it was good.
harvest4god

Postby kronoCore » Sat May 28, 2011 8:50 pm

I´m waiting for chapter 4 tomorrow. What I like thoe most is the sense of magic going on, but you never see a spell or a "white walker". It leads to imagination.
kronoCore

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 28, 2011 8:50 pm

And only now are people ranting about how awesome it is, I've known for 8 years that the book series is fantastic :D
Romdeau

Postby InfernityFan » Sat May 28, 2011 9:04 pm

harvest4god wrote:I haven't read that series yet, but it is on my to do list. I heard it was good.

Oh yes, it was that good ;th2

kronoCore wrote:I´m waiting for chapter 4 tomorrow. What I like thoe most is the sense of magic going on, but you never see a spell or a "white walker". It leads to imagination.

That's why it's a Fantasy, yet at the same time, seems very realistic historical to me :v It feels as if it's War of the Roses meets LOTR.

Romdeau wrote:And only now are people ranting about how awesome it is, I've known for 8 years that the book series is fantastic :D

Yeah, how come I haven't noticed ASoIaF before :( I just know it stems from the book after I watched this series. Unfortunately, it's not available in my local bookstore yet, and probably never, if the rating indicates it.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Another good fantasy series that I love is The Codex Alera.....Good politics, well made fantasy series. I highly recommend it. Only 6 books and there could be a follow up series.
harvest4god

Postby InfernityFan » Sat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks :D I'll keep that in mind when I go to the bookstore next time.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Thanks :D I'll keep that in mind when I go to the bookstore next time.

No problem. Author is Jim Butcher. He is also the one who does teh Dresden Files, but I refuse to read a series until it is finished. I can't stand waiting for a year or more for a new book, and that one is at 15 books and still going.
harvest4god

Postby Gota » Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 pm

wow I just looked this up on wiki, the first book was out in aug 1996 and the latest one (4th) was out in oct 2005 with one (5th) planned in july 2011. There is suppose to be 2 more that follows.

I can't imagine waiting that long for the next book :O

I think I'd forgotten what happen in the previous books if I had to wait that long :X

Not saying that the book isn't good or anything, though I have not read it, but I think I'll wait till all 7 are out before reading them, otherwise I'd be torturing myself for years. I'm already impatient with waiting for anime episodes that are out once a week lol. If I had to wait 2-5 years for these books I think I'll die. haha
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby harvest4god » Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 am

Gota wrote:wow I just looked this up on wiki, the first book was out in aug 1996 and the latest one (4th) was out in oct 2005 with one (5th) planned in july 2011. There is suppose to be 2 more that follows.

I can't imagine waiting that long for the next book :O

I think I'd forgotten what happen in the previous books if I had to wait that long :X

Not saying that the book isn't good or anything, though I have not read it, but I think I'll wait till all 7 are out before reading them, otherwise I'd be torturing myself for years. I'm already impatient with waiting for anime episodes that are out once a week lol. If I had to wait 2-5 years for these books I think I'll die. haha

My sentiments exactly
harvest4god

Return to Advent's Dream Machine