Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Anime and Manga

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue May 31, 2011 2:51 am

yea...I heard about Level E but I haven't seen it yet.

I'll watch it whenever I finish MuvLuv Alternative...I've been sitting at around the 10 hr mark for a few weeks now
Ginnazoh

Postby crimsonshade » Tue May 31, 2011 5:56 am

Ginnazoh wrote:I'm actually in agreement with Rom here...there has only been a handful of really EPIC recs...then there are some recs which are fun to watch but nothing amazing xD

Sorry, but at the start, I kept recommending stuff you've already watched. So I tried recommending less popular ones which may not be epic, but still quite interesting. Too bad you didn't like Baka Test though... yeah, it probably feels cliche, but the idea of shokanjuu and intelligence was quite amusing and cute. And the art is eyecandy.

But if you haven't seen them already, maybe you should go back to my other first suggestions: Ga Rei Zero and Beck ;)

@Rom: Good to know you're enjoying Ano Hana too. Looks like Aniplex finally made a good original anime project
crimsonshade

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue May 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Baka to Test was fun to watch...just a bit on the cliche side.

I've seen Ga Rei Zero already ...and I also read the Ga Rei manga which was pretty fun to read too.
Ginnazoh

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Well, Gai Rei Zero was an OK series that I watched from beginning to end.

I just went through and updated my list, I'd recommend CTRL+F and search for "Excellent" and "Masterpiece". I've listed some popular stuff there, but I believe there are some hidden gems there that most people don't know about (such as Ristorante, Tales of Agriculture, and Paradise Kiss).
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:49 am

Hmm if you didn't like Ga Rei Zero, then I don't recommend Ga Rei. It's a similar atmosphere, but it's a lot harder to convey action/drama through manga. And the art is not as pretty.

Ooh... after looking through Rom's list, Grave of the Fireflies, Gankutsuou, and Monster are probably the ones that interest me the most. Anyone know why some series are in bold and some aren't? Btw, you can also click the arrow at the top to sort it from Masterpiece downwards.

I feel like editing my anime list now...
crimsonshade

Postby Gota » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:08 am

wheres your list pompom? Don't see it.

Anyways, just watched 2 episodes of beast player Erin, since pompom mentioned it, loving it so far.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 am

Gota wrote:wheres your list pompom? Don't see it.

Anyways, just watched 2 episodes of beast player Erin, since pompom mentioned it, loving it so far.

Top of page 5 and glad to hear it. Help me spread the Erin gospel my brothers! :D
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 am

I like the non complex yet non simplistic style of its art, it isn't so abstract at times that it is slacking, yet not very fine toned and detailed to where it is picture perfect, its a very good balance between abstract and detailed art. The opening theme is also very fitting to its style. The more I listen to the opening theme, the more I fell in love with the pairing of the song to this anime.

It isn't much like action jam packed main streamed and usual animes, its sorta a slice of life anime within a fantasy world. I don't know yet since I've only watched 2 episodes, but thats what I got out of it so far, its a nice change of pace from other usual action packed animes.

Just finished episode 7... so cruel... T_T

omg, episode 9 just made me cry when she kneeled down in front of john and asked if she could stay... I should sleep now... its almost 5 am..
Last edited by Gota on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 am

Oh yeah, for this season, has anyone watched Kaiji Season 2? I just recently started to watch it and it immediately became my best anime this season alongside Hyouge Mono ;th2
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby azurewrath » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 am

You know, Kore Wa Zombie Desuka wasn't bad. I found it enjoyable. Nothing amazing, but just fun.
azurewrath

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy