Is Alteil a tragedy?

Alteil Story Discussion

Re: Is Alteil a tragedy?

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I expect no heroes in a sphere with returns. :P

of course! why do you need heroes if you already got return :D. just return all the bad guys till they get bored and leave.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 pm

I thought Verlaat turned into a megalomaniac like Alexander the Great o.O
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:59 am

I'm pretty sure that was Alphonse impersonating Verlaat (yes, I know that the files say otherwise, but it matches up if you think about it).
LoneKnight

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi loneknight,

i'm not sure that alphonce impersonates verlaat. I don't play the alteil jp version though i can look at the cards i cannot look at the accompanying text. otherwise i'd have my wife or kids translate it out so we knew what was going on.

I think the power becomes too much for him (corrupts/makes him go insane) and he is "put down" by Alphonce's son. We'll just have to wait and see i suppose....

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, my theory is this:

Verlaat is out dicking around with some quest to save the world. Alphonce, who is actually the elder son and should be the heir sees this, and possibly with the help o the church militant TGC steps in and takes over until Verlaat is out. Verlaat realizes that him combing back could lead to a power struggle which he doesn't want, so he leaves his elder brother alone and decides to take Alphonce's role of the exiled prince.

Note that the files on the site are from the perspective of a historian, whose research may or may not be correct.

I base this theory on Japanese cards that have Alphonce impersonating Verlaat, and both of them teaming up in SK armor at some point. I haven't read the JP story either.
LoneKnight

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 am

AFAIK, this is how it goes:

1) Duchy of Crest, led by Eskatia, launched an invasion against Solar Kingdom, led by Verlaat. This was done after much persuasion from Annarose.

2) Verlaat asked assistance from an emerging mercenary nation, Heierrat, led by Yuni.

3) With Heierrat's help, SK managed to easily repel the invasion.

4) The failure in the invasion proved to be fatal for DoC because they have used too much resources for their invasion. Knowing this, Verlaat used the opportunity to strike back.

5) Again, Verlaat asked the assistance from Heierrat. But apparently, Yuni made the policy to only help a defending nation. She declined.

6) Still, due to the superiority of the force of SK, DoC fought a losing war. Eskatia, concerned for her people, and Verlaat, not wanting to burn more resources than necessary, decided to negotiate for peace. This ended with their marriage. The marriage also marked the end of the War. This also means, in a sense, DoC became the subsidiary of SK.

7) Because of the recent success and TGC's influence, Verlaat envisioned an empire under his rule in the realm of Lavato. This is, in a sense, his method of achieving peace. This ambition was also reasonable because his kingdom by this time was supported by Duchy of Crest, True God Church, and his indebted ally, Beltemat Kingdom (not Beltorat). Power makes ambition.

8) Before he started his campaign, Verlaat decided to invade Heierrat. Because of Yuni's policy, Heierrat could and most likely would hinder his conquest. This should benefit him in the long run.

After that, I still don't know the outcome of Verlaat's invasion against Heierrat, nor do I remember what happened with Alphonce... I predicted this is what happened. There is no source for point 9 and point 10 whatsoever because I don't know Japanese :P

9) While Verlaat concentrated on Heierrat, Regus Kingdom and a young kingdom, Beltorat, allied themselves and launched a joint attack against SK. This was done in the name of avenging Heierrat. Remember that Yuni made a peace treaty with all kingdoms and promised an assistance if any of them defended against an invasion. This treaty was used as a reason for Beltorat and Regus to invade SK.

10) While SK fought a more-or-less stalemate battle with the three allying kingdoms, the envoy of chaos started to reveal their true selves and their ultimate plan of inviting Elgandi to Lavato.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 pm

hi infernity,

Well done. Nice write up by the way. That seems about correct, as far as I can tell. I didn't realize that after the union of DoC and Solar Kingdom that Verlaat invaded Heirrat. Kinda reminds me somewhat of the War of the three Kingdoms 2nd century AD in China.

What is the main motivation of the true god church? Obviously, One would think, is to promote their religion above all others but more so than that to what end? their policy seems twofold to me. First, influence Solar kingdom to unify the rule on lavato and with that power spread their religion -think Spain/catholic church 16th century. Secondly, to remove any other competing power influence within the Solar kingdom itself-see ambush of lady paladins.

Interesting stuff. Not as wild as the game of thrones books but still pretty cool.

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanx, AD :D

My view of TGC is like you. Maybe they are semi-expansionist, kinda like Chatolic Church in Dark Age. The connection between Solar Kingdom and TGC reminds me of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Kingdoms in that time (English in early Dark Age or Italian in ~1500). Another theory I could come up with is maybe an envoy of chaos managed to infiltrate the higher rank of TGC and started to influence the decision made by it.

By the way, I just found some interesting pics of future Verlaat.

Interesting... He becomes more and more badass :lol:
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

;a38

Ah btw, just remembered falkow gets a new kind of mirelia (her name suggests a promotion within the ranks) also ibert shows up again, once with dilate and once i am not sure anymore ...
But id say falkow has at least these two as heroes that stay around. :P
(yes i have all 3 of these cards! ^^)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi infernity,

That last version of verlaat has him as Silver Emperor I believe. I ran the card text through about 5 online translators and they all come back silver not solar so does he rename himself or something? i imagine he names himself emperor, since he is unifying lavato under his rule.

As you noted, look at the transition he makes from baby faced adolescent in the opening struggle to a tense hardened ruler in the last illustration.

The story opens a lot of doors but i don't see amuch of continuation in the paths. There is a ton of skipping around and flashbacks but little of substance.

1) When the mermaids come on land on Vonderum's orders to take part in the fight who do they war against? Its supposed to be against galdirea but who is his army?
2) the undead king Zug leads his cursed legions to fight for and against whom? What is his business with Riza?

We are nearing set 9, Galdirea changes form here so that is interesting.

cheers,
AD

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Steel's Campfire