Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Anime and Manga

Re: Recommend GinnAzoh Anime/Manga!

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 am

Iv'e watched kaiji, I would rank it my 3rd favourite gambling based anime/manga... out of the 3 I actually follow...
It's not bad, but I prefer liar game (for obvious reasons to anyone who has read it) and gamble fish.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby crimsonshade » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:07 am

I liked Kore wa Zombie for the humor (changing Eu VAs... Hiken Tsubame Gaeshi... and Haruna/Nymph!)

Anyone here watching C? It's all pretty confusing atm... not too familiar with economics. I would have said the idea was pretty novel... but I've already seen it in Bakuman XD

Edit: Ok, it's a bit different from what I initially perceived. The idea of trading your "future" for money is actually quite interesting, and quite dark at the same time. Zero sum games with each player's "future" at stake seems intense. Nice art too. It somehow feels like there's a lack of urgency though. Maybe it's all the economics involved... or maybe I'm comparing it too much to Madoka - which ihas similar themes
crimsonshade

Postby kudaotai » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:27 pm

i would suggest Death note, eureka 7, and tengen toppa gurren lagann. from countless anime i have watched, they have the best story. suspense for death note, character dvelopment for eureka and ultimate epicness for gurrn lagann. Enjoy!!
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby azurewrath » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm

I broke down and started watching AnoHana before it finished. Definitely one of the best this season. Though I normally don't like main characters that make girls cry t.t
He has got a pretty good track record with that too. Only Tsuruko has escaped his power....and I'm thinking she will breakdown in front of Jintan's amazing power before the end of the series =/
azurewrath

Postby azurewrath » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 pm

DOUBLE POST. Sorry, this one is hilarious. Not really a spoiler as it is just a parody (I think lol). BTW, we seriously need hide/ spoiler tags in the forum.

azurewrath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 pm

I just recently watched the season 2 of TWGOK. It's as hilarious as ever :v Surprisingly romantic in one arc too so far...
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Gota » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 pm

episode 28 of Erin so far, teared up most of the way..... definitely one of my favorites already even though I haven't finished it yet. though episode 25? was kinda meh lol...

Really like the music in this anime, really fitting.

I finally realized what the artist in this anime did after watching several more episodes from my last post. The art in this anime is different because the settings/background style is abstract/simplistic while the characters are more vivid and clearly defined.

Hmm, what I just said might sound like what they do in every other anime, but I don't know how else better to put it :/ To put it in a sorta better sense, its as if the background/setting is drawn in a totally different style, almost as if by a different artist, but not in a bad way because it really enhances the anime for me.

hm episode 31, OP just changed style, liked the old one better imo.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Gota » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Finished Beast player erin!

Definitely worth the watch and a great series. However, I wouldn't say its for everyone. Its good for people that likes art, character development, emotional storylines. You have to watch it with an open mind to let the series sink into you, also would help a lot if you have good patience.

In my opinion It isn't for people that solely likes extreme action, fighting, and intense animes.

P.S. I agree with pompom's rating of masterpiece for this anime, and I must thank him for sharing such a gem. ;th2 From art to music to storyline, everything was superb.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:52 am

I refuse to let this thread die.

Keep it coming people! In other news, if you liked Cross Game, I'm about 99% sure you will like "Touch" if you don't mind older looking anime.
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:15 am

Watching AnoHana, since pompom didn't fail me last time and he liked this one as well.

First 7? episodes frustrated me to no end. Because they didn't do the obvious thing till like episode 8? forgot.
Anyways, it was just frustrating me a lot haha. But aside from that, its a series that I will continue, but I don't think its nearly as good as Erin was.
Gota

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy