Dragon's Nest

Video Games

Dragon's Nest

Postby exemplar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Tried the closed beta for a few hours.

So far, plays like a super deformed Vindictus.

Thoughts?
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Re: Dragon's Nest

Postby MTCosta » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 pm

I didn't get into the beta =/ applied the day they announced it too, bah.

But yeah, all the videos I saw just looked like a deformed Vindictus. karokkarokkarok
MTCosta

Postby exemplar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Open beta starts July 26, 2011.

exemplar

Postby MTCosta » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:43 pm

I found an offline demo and played a little bit. Wasn't that excited about it, but I'll give it a second shot once the open beta starts.
MTCosta

Postby krash22 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Has anyone played this recently? I saw a friend playing it yesterday at work, and I downloaded it myself last night. The real time combat does make it play a lot like Vindictus, but it's waaaaay more polished, IMO. What I saw yesterday was way more awesome than Vindictus if you ask me, but I didn't like the title a lot to begin with so maybe I am little biased.

Other than the Character Customization being garbage, I think I'm gonna give this game a shot.
krash22

Postby exemplar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am

Movement feels really slow compared to Vindictus. Being able to dodge only once every few seconds (6 seconds between dodges at rank 1, 3 seconds at max rank) seems somewhat ridiculous to me. Its nice racking up hundred hit combos I guess, and I suppose once one gets higher more things will become available. Watching PVP videos of higher level combatants is somewhat entertaining, but doesn't really seem like something I would enjoy doing.

I think what really turned me off the game though is their cash shop offerings. 20 dollars for a skill reset scroll seems absurd.

exemplar

Postby Teru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 am

$20 for a skill reset is standard for Nexon games. It’s the kinda stuff you just have to expect when dealing with Nexon.

Anyway, was pretty pumped for CB, signed up, etc., then when CB came around, I was just like, meh... and for some reason didn’t feel like bothering with it.
Teru

Postby Ethikx » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

I started playing with the beta, and got somewhat high leveled. The sorcerers are top notch and really make the game fun. Clerics are second, but archer and fighter are just really boring. Overall, it is good gameplay, and much more enjoyable with party members. Leveling/ getting new abilities can get slow, so battles dim down after a while, and the story is meh. But it is a free game, and worth the time.
Ethikx

Return to Catherina's Play Room