Game FAQ

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Game FAQ

Postby yelly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi there. I have a question about LP. How is your starting LP determined? There seems to be no reliable way to play against people close to my level, and while I can go tit-for-tat with some higher level decks, I can't win if I start out 4 lp points behind. Is it deck composition that's wrong, or do I simply need to level up?
yelly

Postby DWildstar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

yelly wrote:Hi there. I have a question about LP. How is your starting LP determined? There seems to be no reliable way to play against people close to my level, and while I can go tit-for-tat with some higher level decks, I can't win if I start out 4 lp points behind. Is it deck composition that's wrong, or do I simply need to level up?

LP is based on the LP of your soul cards which have LP of 1, 2 or 3. Total up the LP of your soul cards and add 1 that's your total LP. Keep in mind the strength of soul cards is related to how much LP they have. 1 LP cards have best Soul skills, 2 LP have mid strength, 3 LP have the weakest.

http://www.alteil.com/rulebook/index.ph ... soul_cards

Having more LP than anyone isn't necessarily the way to win. Usually a file which relies on several small units will have 7-9 LP, but a file which relies on only a few very large units have higher amounts of LP.
DWildstar

Postby yelly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Oooh I see that makes sense. Cause if I'm burning through little units, I need the LP to keep up, and a deck with less LP would work when you keep the big guns out for longer.

Thank you so much! I feel silly I didn't notice the LP stat on the card before! :D
yelly

Postby yelly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Well, could you tell me if there's a way to play a game against a friend? I joined this site with my bf, but the only way we've found to choose to fight each other is by hitting Battle Start! at the same time and hoping we're randomly matched against each other. He's on my friends list, but how can I fight him?
yelly

Postby Eldena » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 pm

you can arrange a match with him in the training arena ;th2
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby icyman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Pretty newbie question, I think.
What are you supposed to do with aegis in an undead file? I don't see how it's used.
icyman

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:07 am

Pass Priestess of Madness At of 10 and agi of 3 to a unit seems like a good idea.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby icyman » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 am

Agi 3 though... Makes it really unreliable. Not that many slow hard hitting units out there.
icyman

Postby Otonashi » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:13 am

On the flip side, copy a strong enemy or friendly unit to hellsmoke or lich? Especially if you've been buffing something with Broken Priest. I imagine he would become a lot more useful if you passed him an AGI buff or two from Revenant though.
Otonashi

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:28 am

If you played Aegis with Undead if your opponent is all agi 4 guys you made a mistake. Don't blame Aegis. He's great at neutralizing slow guys, which are almost always heavy hitters.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom