Vindictus

Video Games

Vindictus

Postby Skorn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 pm

http://vindictus.nexon.net/

I've seen Alteil members talk about this but didn't see the thread so here we go.

Online Action-based MMORPG/Dungeon Crawl. A whole lot of fun and one of the best "freemium" games out there IMO. You can actually earn all the important items without being a paying customer and most pay content is items to enhance your looks or make dungeon runs easier. Gold is pretty much thrown at you in this game and you can usually afford everything you need with just a little bit of grinding.

Used to be play-time restricted with a token system but that has been permanently removed as of about 2 weeks ago so you can now play as much as you want. They also just released the 4th of 5 characters available and he is a hulking beast of a man.

For those of you who play this, feel free to add myself and my wife. She plays a whole lot more than me though and she can be shy sometimes, so don't feel bad if she asks who you are when you message her. She is a lot higher level than I am though because I have to actually bring home the bacon :lol: Feel free to post your in-game names as well so others know if you decide to play. I know we already have a few people on here.

Viribus (myself) and Venefica (my wife). We are both on the West server. I have a low level Lann and her Evie is 44. So for those of you who are lower and need help send her a message. She likes partying and can't stand playing solo.

Cheers.
"Life sucks, eat a pickle."
Skorn

Re: Vindictus

Postby MTCosta » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 pm

I've been playing this game way too much for the last 2 months. I'm on East, and I have a level 56 Evie, Ketsurei, and a level 23 Karok, Ormagon. Also a 28 Fiona and 30 Lann but I don't play them much anymore.

A note to new players: A lot of the quests and equipment sets require ridiculous amounts of items. Normally this is okay, because you can buy a lot of the items on the marketplace, and they're really cheap. However, the 4th character class just came out yesterday, so tons of people have been starting new characters, and so the quest items have gotten ridiculously expensive. It's not that big a deal, you can still easily do all of the storyline quests, but some of your side quests might have to wait until the market stabilizes.

On the bright side, there's a promotion now where if you start a new character and get him/her to level 10 by June 28th, you get a ton of free (and useful) items. Level 10 doesn't take that long at all.

And yeah, the game is really fun and you're BARELY disadvantaged if you don't spend money.
MTCosta

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I've decided to pass away some of the summer boredom by picking up this game for a bit. I'm on West, username same as here.
Romdeau

Postby harvest4god » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Once I get free time again. I will download, I like nexon already for combat arms so I will give it a try
harvest4god

Postby Skorn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Romdeau wrote:I've decided to pass away some of the summer boredom by picking up this game for a bit. I'm on West, username same as here.

Cool. Next time youre on send one of us a message and we can kill stuff together. I have found this game is a successful way to kill 1-2 hours every night.
Skorn

Postby MTCosta » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm

BTW the biggest reason to play Vindictus is so you can go on Raids with a party like this:

MTCosta

Postby Skorn » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 am

My wife goes on underwear raids all the time. She likes keeping her money to herself. Hates repairing the armor she says.
Skorn

Postby MTCosta » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Aha I never even thought about calling them panty raids. And yeah saving money on armor repair costs is great.
MTCosta

Postby Gota » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:50 pm

eh, are the costs really that bad?

If the cost is that bad that people have to go to panty raids then its kinda fail game design no?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby exemplar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 pm

They've reduced repair costs twice since the start of the game.

IMHO, using no equipment to save costs isn't really justifiable for higher tier missions. When one is doing low tier missions though, it doesn't really matter if you wear anything. Probably over leveled as heck.
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room