Company of Heroes

Video Games

Company of Heroes

Postby fargone » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 am

Anyone play it?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Re: Company of Heroes

Postby Visharix » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:07 pm

nope
I AM VISFARIX
(╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visharix

Postby Gota » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 pm

nope, looked it up on yt just now.... it looks like aoe3
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby fargone » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm

I have been having a really good time getting comfortable with it.

Lots of fun as it uses some great strategies and the units are easily identifiable WW2 units.

Its great fun setting up a machine gun nest in small city street with a mortar crew hidden behind a nearby building. The moral effects include pinning and stuff so you can really lock down bottle necks and hold ground with only a few choice units.

I feel like (so far) it has so much more to offer than other games of the same genre that I have played. While there are more reasons, the morale and the tank armour alone make it worthwhile (watching tank rounds bounce off the front of your panther tank if great fun, so is trying to get at the (much easier to penetrate) rear armour). There seems to be a lot more strategy than simply building up a big army and throwing it at the enemy.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby krash22 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 pm

I really dig this game. I haven't played it in ages, but I remember having a lot of fun with it. I used to play Allies exclusively, but I got curious about the little Explodey Remote Controlled Tanks. They're absolutely hilarious! That Axis really do have a lot more things to have fun with.

Towards the end of me playing, friends and I would just do skirmishes against AI. My new favorite strategy was to create 10- 15 Nebelwurf (sp, don't remember the full name :/ ) Rocket Batteries, and rain down destruction on entire areas at once! So satisfying!

Then the huge tanks with the giant rocket racks on the top... Another of my favorites. Able to blanket bases with rocket fire. This was always my favorite tactic - To cover and overwhelm the enemy with death from above!
krash22

Return to Catherina's Play Room