POKEMON!

TCG's

Re: POKEMON!

Postby Igneil » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 am

I played Pokemon competitively until my deck became obsolete due to the rotation. Then I turned my attention (and money) into Alteil.
At least in Alteil, you can use your cards forever.. Oh and about 70% of Pokemon cards are completely non-meta
Igneil

Postby CainHyde » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks for the link Gota.
It's been a long time since I play the first game.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby InfernityFan2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 am

Igneil wrote:I played Pokemon competitively until my deck became obsolete due to the rotation. Then I turned my attention (and money) into Alteil.
At least in Alteil, you can use your cards forever.. Oh and about 70% of Pokemon cards are completely non-meta

Well, you can still use all the cards for fun :D After I researched a bit, it seems that consistency and set-up speed are what matter most in Pokemon. Just right up my alley. But yeah, I don't know what to say about the rotation system... It's quite long though between rotation. Maybe the online version will do something about it :P
InfernityFan2

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 am

So, this is the old pokemon TCG?

The game was just as bad as magic when I played it... which means not too bad but some cards were a bit too good and a bit too draw heavy/random for my tastes.
LoneKnight

Postby InfernityFan2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

LoneKnight wrote:So, this is the old pokemon TCG?

The game was just as bad as magic when I played it... which means not too bad but some cards were a bit too good and a bit too draw heavy/random for my tastes.

Yep, the good ol' Pokemon TCG. Some rules might change but more or less same. And I agree, some might be turned off :D It's perhaps as extreme as early Magic. Game state very easily changes because draw/search staples are very important. Most competitive decks consist of 30-40% draw/search staples, two-three sets of pokemons that make up your deck main combo, some techs, and the rest are energies (even six are viable).
InfernityFan2

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:53 am

Yeeeeah, you may as well call the game trainermon, that was my impression as well.

It's a pity really. All it needs is mons doubling as energy cards ("will you capture this mon or defeat it?") and it'd be good.

Not gonna riff on it though, it's pretty much a classic by now. And still beats the monstrocity that YGO is.
LoneKnight

Postby NitroDino » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 am

Now is the online tcg in open beta.
http://www.pokemontcg.com/
NitroDino

Postby kirk22 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:32 pm

NitroDino wrote:Now is the online tcg in open beta.
http://www.pokemontcg.com/

Tried it out for old times sake. It's still very simple, but I didn't expect to much from a game meant for young kids. Was good for the nostalgia if nothing else.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Gota » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 am

thanks for the link, fun for old times sake :D but these are pretty new cards that I've never seen or play with before, so it feels pretty fresh.

Although there might be a memory leak somewhere on that flash, it gets really laggy after playing awhile... :/
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Gota » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 am

Well, fixed the lag somewhat, it was caused by the buggy version of flashplayer.

Anyone else playing? I'm thinking that once the shop in there opens, I'm gonna start investing in it and start playing it long term since it has trading in its system.
Having the ability to trade means that it will be much more affordable to play than Alteil even IF their prices for packs are higher than Alteil, but I highly doubt it will be that much more if not same or less.

I just can't stand Alteil's model anymore, I bought 4x silver boxes and ended up with 0 bernet, 0 Esria, 0 The General's Order, 0 Shufas, not to mention all the many holes in all the 3, 4, and 5 stars. I spent around $110 after recycles and I don't even have 1 of every card in set9, I'm being realistic(In Alteil's sense... heh) and not even saying 3x copies of cards, but I don't even get 1x all of them for $110? If I was missing 1 or 2 ok, but 4? Thats ridiculous... With $110, I could probably build almost any deck in pokemon tcg. Once it opens up, I'm moving over there for sure.

-end rant-
So far it isn't that bad even without initial purchase options, once you play thru the Trainer challenge with all 3 starter decks, winning 12 games with each of them (green, blue, red), you get access to all 3 of them in the online arenas plus an addition basic yellow deck for free. You could purchase packs in real life to get booster codes which you can then redeem for packs in the online version, which is why I think when the online shop opens, their packs will be cheaper.

For now, even with the 4 starter decks, it is enough to sorta compete with the lower/mid tier players, of course as always in any tcg, if luck is on your side, you could even beat top tier decks too. My Wigglytuff just beat the crap out of one of their top meta OP cards named zekrum or whatever a moment ago.

my ign is gotaway
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt