Alteil Alignment

Alteil Story Discussion

Alteil Alignment

Postby bookoflife » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 am

Got pretty bored.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... liment.jpg

Sadly, direct posting/attaching it is too large.
bookoflife

Re: Alteil Alignment

Postby ErnnLaties » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 am

coolness
ErnnLaties

Postby Zetsumeimaru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

boosh
Time is like a sea in the middle of a storm, the waves don't all go in one direction...
Zetsumeimaru

Postby ProtoExemplar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 am

I thought mercenaries were considered neutral evil (they don't care whether its lawful or not as long as they get paid)? Bringer should be neutral evil. Somebody who does evil by using the law like Sun Tyrant / Gilensa would better fit Lawful Evil.

Of course, all I remember from the alignment system is based on that little blurb at the character creation screen of Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate.
ProtoExemplar

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 am

Mercenaries are typically Lawful Evil because they obey orders and complete the task that's given to them. They honor their agreements and work within their orders (thus Lawful) for pay, which is used for their own selfish desires rather than for altruistic purposes (thus Evil).

This holds especially true for Bringer, who's an adventurer, and is not bound by national laws, but rather considers the "law" to be the orders of his employer.
Teru

Postby azurewrath » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 pm

I would think there is a better example of lawful evil than Bringer though. Isn't lawful evil normally the aspect of the mastermind/ bad guy leader?
Last edited by azurewrath on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azurewrath

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm

They also hint while that Bringer talks a big game, his actions are a bit heroic. For example, he ends up working for Folrart (and fighting the Augments -- his character diologue might be cannon). Of course he claims that Folrart just was the highest bidder, but it seems unlikely that Annarose and her limitless resources wouldn't be able to pay more.

He just has, you know, his reputation to think of as a tough guy... not that he's at all based on wolverine or anything...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 pm

One has to remember about the faction alignment as well, Heierrat mercenaries refuse to fight for invasive purposes, just for defensive ones.

But no kidding, there are so many Lawful Good characters in Alteil that it kind of seems ridiculous in the long run, and while Durendal as chaotic evil isn't incorrect, I probably would've chosen someone like, oh, I don't know, the eldritch abominations called triad of chaos?

How did this get bumped anyways?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Teru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Logress wrote:They also hint while that Bringer talks a big game, his actions are a bit heroic. For example, he ends up working for Folrart (and fighting the Augments -- his character diologue might be cannon). Of course he claims that Folrart just was the highest bidder, but it seems unlikely that Annarose and her limitless resources wouldn't be able to pay more.

He just has, you know, his reputation to think of as a tough guy... not that he's at all based on wolverine or anything...

When does he start working for Folrart? I always thought he was "outside of their price range"
Teru

Postby azurewrath » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 pm

I would hate to live in a world with tons of lawful good. They are the worse types in my opinion.
azurewrath

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire