Circle of Eldritch Magi is recruiting

Re: Circle of Eldritch Magi is recruiting

Postby NitroDino » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Fair enough. I'll PM the password now.

Thank you :D
NitroDino

Postby Urkredel » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Hello Gon!
Honestly, I can't say Falkow is my "favorite" color.. in fact I like alteil for it's diversity and I used to play very different files, however I was inspired to apply here by a post of you in the annarose's sanctum

GonFreeces31 wrote:Anyone interested in Falkow or learning about how to play and conceptually understand control files are welcome to apply to my guild "The Circle" in the guild sub forum :D

Well, after about 1 year of playing, I noticed that I'm most inclined in control style than aggro style. That's probably due to how I walked my way through alteil:

I was a refess starter player , soon modded into a guardian file that made my transiction to Folrart less painful, cause it was not bad at all.. and altough we can't define a guardian file a control deck, I matured the knowledge to stall for a field control playstyle. Refess stayed my favorite sphere for a long time, and I built my first "competitive" file: the well-known Starmander. That made me feel much more comfortable with mid-big playstyle.

A while after instead I managed to build the much hated Urgrant, that was somehow my first "falkow" foretaste. No Belus for me sadly, but Astaforse and Joachim (wonderful against serpent files and heavy grim decks). Well I understood I was loving Lawtia versatility and power too, but anyway that was CONTROL! I played really poorly in the beginning to be honest.. but I had the luck to meet a very kind player (namely Aces8) that was (is) one of the major Urgant player around. He teached me A LOT about how to play the file correctly, and to focus on the field control instead of playing all my creatures in a sudden; he teached me how to take advantage of the "let die that unit to unlock your sp instead of keep reviving" principle, expecially powerfull in mid files.. And well, I ended playing Urgrant a lot, and I say it without shame cause I enjoyed it, not because it's considered overpowered, but because fit my playstyle and it was fun! I experimented also some less popular variants with the recent Vondora for example, and it was still a great fun.

Right now I'm playing a Marduk control file that it's even more fun! And I feel a "controller" even more than before...

So... sorry if I wrote too much :P my favorites files are indeed not pure falkow (urgrant and marduk now) but as I quoted, I would love to learn better the depths of the control style type of playing! So that's why I would like to apply to your guild!

:D
Urkredel

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Looks like your interest is legit. Password being sent via PM
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 am

ooh can i get in? :D
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 am

To apply you need to state why you want to join as stated in the first post. Depending on what you say will determine if you get in.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Okay, I'm not great with words but here it goes =p

I've started the game with the Falkow starter after reading its play style description. After trying out the other sphere via alt accounts I had come to the conclusion that Falkow was definitely the sphere for me. The control theme really calls to me, managing the opponent's field while limiting their options has this glow of awesomeness surrounding it. After a while of playing, I think I've been on for about a year or so now, I've managed to attain a decent grasp of the game but still lack the finesse of most of the veteran players.

So, the main reasons I want to enter the guild is to progress myself as a player and to better be involved with the game's community of Falkow players. Ever since I've seen Gowen Academy, I was wondering where the Falkow equivalent was or even existed. I'm currently trying out the mid-blue prebuilt and use a dion/serp file after incrementing a 5+ loss streak, but everyone needs to let off some steam at times.

Well yeah, that's all i got =p
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Sent the password via PM. Thanks for your interest! :)
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Rasche » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 am

I normally don't join guilds, but this one has actually got my attention.

The reason I want to join well it be nice to have other like minded players to play with, and I think I be able to play more if I had such people. That's probably not a good enough reason though, so lets see. I began playing Ateil back when Vadore was in the starter, actually to this day wonder why I traded that one in for the newer starter. Despite how long I've been playing the sphere I haven't actually learned how to play it properly. I guess you could call me a Falkow purest since I mostly collect Falkow cards, well until recently since I'm trying to diversify the cards I have. I think I would have more cards if I didn't go on a recycle binge when they had those sphere lottery and packs. Actually think I have a recycling problem, since every time there's a promotion I have the urge to recycle cards. Recently got a hold of some mermaid cards from the mermaid faction packs, yes there was some recycling involved. I'm currently trying to construct a few Falkow themed decks, an trying to see if there's a way to improve the sea behemoth structure deck. Yeah so many file ideas, so little cards. The perils of being a free player. Gah got to stop going off topic, any way it be nice to have a group of people to talk shop with, and to bounce ideas off of.
Rasche

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

You probably noticed our new and improved forum sigs @.@

Thanks for your interest, new friends are always good. Sending PM now.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Teru » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:12 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:You probably noticed our new and improved forum sigs @.@

Gweh heh heh heh... viral recruiting
Teru

PreviousNext

Return to General Guild Chat