Fate/Stay Night

Anime and Manga

Re: Fate/Stay Night

Postby Romdeau » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 pm

It's actually 360 if you're not a subscriber, and I've decided crunchy roll is not worth 8 dollars per month to me. They just don't have a selection of anime I care to watch-I subscribed previously for about 4 months, watched everything I wanted to and stopped. Simul casts are like what 4 episodes per month and most of them are shows I don't care for?

And for the record I buy loads of DVDS to make sure I contribute my fair share to the industry. If they release an R1 for Fate/Zero, you bet your **** I'm buying it.
Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:45 am

Oh, I see, that makes sense I guess. I've never subscribed to crunchy, I have no idea of their quality and quantity standards.

I watched episode 6 yesterday on TV, the Gil x Kotomine scene was, while rather subtle with the meaning of "seduce" in the novel, full of implications in the anime, which really got me laughing for some reason. While my boyfriend complained that it was rather lacking in terms of action, I generally like the pace the anime is going at.
They also love to have people just...walk. In circles. And do nothing else. I mean, yeah they got budget, but that looks rather silly after a while.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby azurewrath » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am

We are in need of more Caster.

azurewrath

Postby Filo_LHC » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:19 pm

*stares at the last post* housewife caster is just wrong :shock:
Filo_LHC

Postby Xovian » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 am

Just wanted to give a slight update for those that are interested.

From RACS news letter wrote:Aniplex of America confirmed on Thursday that it will release the Fate/Zero television anime series on Blu-ray Disc in North America. The first box set, which will contain the first 13 episodes of the series, is slated to be released on March 7, the same day the set will be released in Japan. The box set will include English subtitles and an English translation booklet for the included Japanese production material booklet. The set will also contain unaired footage from the series. Other extras contained in the set include the series' first original soundtrack and a drama CD written by original novel author Gen Urobuchi.

Before you get too excited, the MSRP on the box is going to be around $500. Never the less, we're going to try to get a few in any case and will have it up for pre-order once we get a qnty confirmation.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

With the end of Fate/Zero on the horizon, any thoughts from you forum regulars about the series? I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it, despite a couple of bumpy (minor) sides. It's a shame I can't own the series legally without paying $700 US and that is not an exaggeration.
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Romdeau wrote:With the end of Fate/Zero on the horizon, any thoughts from you forum regulars about the series? I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it, despite a couple of bumpy (minor) sides. It's a shame I can't own the series legally without paying $700 US and that is not an exaggeration.

Overall a very solid adaptation. One of the highlights of 2011-2012.
wakka9ca

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm

I can't get over the fact that the Natalya episode aired on Mother's day. It's either coincidence, or a very sick sense of humour.

With that said, I enjoyed watching it, a very faithful adaption. And I hope Girls' Work will be as good. And I hope that marks the end of the Fate Franchise Milking Project (haha...).
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby wakka9ca » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Shirozaki wrote:I can't get over the fact that the Natalya episode aired on Mother's day. It's either coincidence, or a very sick sense of humour.

With that said, I enjoyed watching it, a very faithful adaption. And I hope Girls' Work will be as good. And I hope that marks the end of the Fate Franchise Milking Project (haha...).

Guess what, the death anniversary of Alexander the Great is next weekend. Coincidence?
wakka9ca

Postby phailures » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am

Best anime I have seen in the past 2 seasons. Beautiful quality and I love this war much more. There are so many more badass people in this one. Looking forward to the ending, then going to end up playing FSN VN.
phailures

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy