Wins should count for missions

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Wins should count for missions

Postby phailures » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:19 am

Seizan wrote:
If you're spamming returns/play 100th BKR I meet in week, then prepare to wait 5 minutes on round 9. Don't like it? Then try to be original and make your own deck.

I'm curious, what if you played the person who originally came up with BKR? Or EN? or Pixies? They were original in making their own deck. Would you still rage quit just because everyone else copied them?
phailures

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 am

kirk22 wrote:Make it so you lose 100 RP for quitting before turn 10 or lower the amount of turns needed to complete an event requirement 5 turns. Personally, I'd prefer a lowered turn requirement.

You call that a penalty?

Teehee, all the rp in the world doesn't matter to me. Its all luck based in alteil. RP means squat in alteil.

Don't care, if i don't feel like it, i quit on you on turn 0. There' nothing u can do about it unless u somehow get a gun pointed at my head.
Callonia

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Callonia wrote:Don't care, if i don't feel like it, i quit on you on turn 0. There' nothing u can do about it unless u somehow get a gun pointed at my head.

In fact there is nothing he can do. Nothing needs to be done. However, poor sportsmanship is not something to be proud of in general. Again, you don't have to care about that either. If you quit on turn 0, he loses nothing anyway. To make matter worse, if you have time, you can simply hang the game there. However, if someone is abusing it then of course there will be reports. So I think the system so far is good enough.
wakka9ca

Postby hexagram » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:46 pm

In elements the game in pvp the computer takes over if someone quits a game - dumb computer - usually an easier win.

Then if the computer actually wins the original player gets no credit.

Will solve a lot of problems if something like this is implemented such as underdog quitters- does this still happen? or 5 of 7s.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby VertuHonagan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm

I personaly don't count giving up as poor sportsmanship. I mean when you've fought the same file 4-5 games in a row. You just get tired of playing the same game over and over. I'd rather just give up early and go play a game against someone with more variety than grind through the same file over and over again. (yes its still the same file even if SS are different.)
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Giving up is not poor sportsmanship.

Giving up on turn 9 by time-out to intentionally waste time and deny a game for the ongoing event, however, is.
LoneKnight

Postby Spears » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:49 am

I dont think people should be punished for pressing give up, they already deny themselves xp and fm. What i do object to is being punished because your opponent pressed give up.
Spears

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Spears wrote:I dont think people should be punished for pressing give up, they already deny themselves xp and fm. What i do object to is being punished because your opponent pressed give up.

Fighting it out to gain 1 exp for a loss is totally worth the losing side's time regardless of how much damage you did to the winning iczer.

Even when you kill everything in his deck and the last card kills you. You just gain 1 exp for losing. People dont see a point in that.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:19 am

Or giving up on your last lp - still 1 exp gain.

Not always worth giving up. Sometimes I am about to give up but later come back and win the game. I think some people also give up when they see high rp / hight level players which not necessarily worth doing.

I see high rp/ high lvl people as more of a challange for more of a reward as you gain more exp/rp if you win.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby fargone » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Callonia wrote:
kirk22 wrote:Make it so you lose 100 RP for quitting before turn 10 or lower the amount of turns needed to complete an event requirement 5 turns. Personally, I'd prefer a lowered turn requirement.

Teehee, all the rp in the world doesn't matter to me. Its all luck based in alteil. RP means squat in alteil.

I love it when I make a good file and play seriously. My luck becomes consistent. I know of quite a few players who have "consistent luck." Like Les Claypool, the lead singer and base guitarist of Primus says in one of his songs, "I can play my bass for you... is it luck?"

I can only assume that your stunted understanding of the game and limited comprehension of what's actually happening each turn suggest that you actually believe that alteil is all luck.

Well...

Good luck with that...

Callonia wrote:Don't care, if i don't feel like it, i quit on you on turn 0. There' nothing u can do about it unless u somehow get a gun pointed at my head.

I love the obvious hypocrasy of those who cry out for improvements in game then admit they are part of the problem. I can just imagine you in a casual arena. You would still rage quit on any given turn, but justify it with, "STFU, it costs me nothing to quit and you had nothing to gain from winning anyway..."

Where would we be without you?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau