Character Tree, or "Ask Anything"

Alteil Story Discussion

Character Tree, or "Ask Anything"

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Since I'm somewhat free right now I've taken the liberty of compiling a character-tree of Alteil's characters.
This is mainly in response to AD's threads, and part of my own contribution to it.
It's pretty incomplete, and only has Refess characters from set 1 to set 8, but I thought I might as well post it here already.

Things I have yet to do (in this order):
- Add the other factions (Duchy, Regus, Pixie Kingdom, Mermaid Kingdom, Mercenary Kingdom, Beast Kingdom etc.) as well as set 9 and set 10.
- Add minor factions and transformed/progressed characters (dragon kin, Beltorat, The four Kings, etc.)
- Add characters from different timelines (Heroes of the past, like Mikasha and Kaldrao, Future forms, Legacy of the current timeline's heroes, etc.)
- Add Grimoires
- Add Cross-faction relations
- Add Ernst. Seriously, I KNOW he does something important, but I have no idea what.
- Fine Tune
- Flip that freakin' "Most Loyal General", because I keep forgetting to do so.
- ???

v0.01
v0.2, Added Duchy, Abyssal Forces and the rest of the Solar Kingdom.
v0.4 Added Magic Dolls and undeads (Minor spoiler), fixed mistakes.
v0.6 Added Mermaids and WK, fixed crossing-errors.

Newest version:
v0.7 Added Dilate and Heierrat, some baddies and the battle of Regus. Major spoilers and lots of waste space (to be continued).

Updates:
--------------
v0.2
Updated with Duchy, Abyssal Forces and the rest of the Solar Kingdom (Thanks to 120 for the Flavor text from Aivault)

I had to remove Undeads (It might seem a little empty right now) because of spacing issues, but I will add them later again.

I made quite some mistakes though.
Sturmy has pointed out that Sergis and Mayleen are not siblings, and I found out that they're actually cousins.
Azn also helped me with Ernst and Sturmy gave me Rubens (who is mayleen's real brother) flavor text, so going to add that as well.
I also forgot Miffyre, and as Cain and Sturmy pointed out, abel is one of the founders of the church and long deceased. Thanks to all of you.
--------------
v0.4
Updated v0.4 is up. For comparison I will leave the older versions linked as well, since it's nice to see the progress.
Nothing major was added, Belfyna and the Magic dolls, Undeads, with a minor spoiler (I warned you). I'm done with the Lawtia factions for now, next going to do Falkow factions, then gowen, then minor factions and standalone units. I also fixed the mistakes I did in the last version.

Either way, by now I have all the flavor text from all cards, save for seasonals and Miffyre (who in my collection somehow ended up as General Ruby Eater with
Miffyre art...).
This is getting a bit messy, maybe I should clean it up...
--------------
v0.6
AAAnd, another update done.
The train I was in got stuck, so I had some time to overhaul falkow factions and fix some crossing-mistakes.
Next is Gowen and the triad.
I also just noticed that one of the arrows went invisible (probably somehow got into a layer below the background), there is an arrow supposed to be going from Diondora to Ibert saying "Follows", will fix that next time.
That said, I'm not really satisfied with the WK layout yet, but still went with it since it's just a draft.
I also didn't add Bernet and Sumer yet, because those have a few more lines going and coming than the others.
What surprised me is that WK has a total of 35 characters, but the fewest connections so far.
Oh, and for some bilingual bonus; Seiryū, Suzaku, Byakko and Genbu are the names of the Four Gods of the chinese constellation system, adopted by the japanese.
Seiryū, also known as Qinglong in chinese, is the "Azure Dragon" that reigns to the east, and represents spring and the element of wood.
Suzaku, also known as Zhūquè, is the "Vermillion Bird", that reigns to the south, representing summer and the element of fire.
Byakko, also known as Báihǔ, the White Tiger, that reigns to the west, representing autumn and the element of metal.
Genbu, also known as Xuánwǔ, the Black Tortoise, that reigns to the north, representing winter and the element of water.
There is additionally the "Yellow Dragon" Huánglóng in the center, representing the changing of seasons and the element of earth, but is not included in the japanese system, since the fifth element there (void) is usually not represented by anything living.

I also drew a sketch sheet on a more organized version, but I lost the...napkin I drew it on...*cough*.

Edit: For some reason more than one arrow disappeared. There was an arrow going from Fomuna to a Return portrait saying "Created" (Yes, Fomuna created the return spell), and the arrow from Justice to Lapierre also disappeared. Weird.
--------------
v0.7.1
Minor update, with Dilate, Heierrat, and lots of spoilers.
I lost my previous text, so let's try again.

A quick update, obviously incomplete, but I'm too tired to finish it right now.
I kind of gave up on making it readable, but just set my goal to "add everything and connect", before I re-arrange everything at the end (If you couldn't tell).
I also started compressing it a bit better/worse, because it's obviously getting bigger and bigger (too big for image hosting sites to handle).
Also don't mind that floating Ernst & Zagar Icon, this is in no way related or important and I did not by any means forget to remove it before making an incomplete version...

I also finally managed to translate the remaining important flavor texts, with the help of a very friendly japanese blogger that happens to have a vast collection of 5* cards and a printscreen button.
Oh, and here's proof that I get distracted way too easily, outtakes!

Come to think of it, I never used that second Dark Noze picture...
I DON'T think that's quite right...
Even when tired, still as sophisticated as ever.
That's the most fun part, if I don't like the character title, I just make up my own.
Last edited by Shirozaki on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Re: Character Tree

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Where is Alphonce? He is Verlaat older brother.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:00 pm

See those two lines from Aliria&Verlaat and from King Aldoric leading into nothing? Those are supposed to lead to haveyettoadd-lawtia alphonce.
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Well done Shirozaki,

Very nicely laid out. Nice touch on the Verlaat to zagar relationship- that should raise some eyebrows :)
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby phailures » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Wait what happened to Lion General Zagar D:

Can't wait for 6th SK units.
phailures

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Zagar loyalty to Verlaat ends when he goes on a Crusade to take over the world. When Verlaat sees him giving info to the enemy, Verlaat strikes him down then and there. And people thought he was a push over. :lol:

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Logress » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:25 pm

The Japanese made one of these and I had it translated when I was learning the story... I gotta see if I can find it.

Alphonce is also close with Saphria, and her true loyalties lie with him over Verlaat.

And the twin wings are the personal guard to the royals, mostly Allira.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Thank you Logress for the reply, I remember the part about Safiria from what Rom told me, but as I said I have yet to add Alphonce.
But the twin wings are news to me, since I never really took a look at them, thanks for letting me know.

Currently not at home, but added most Lawtia characters now, so going to update this later.
Shirozaki

Postby phailures » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 pm

When and why did Zagar do that o-o

Also is there a grim of him striking down Zagar :o
phailures

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Because Verlaat tried to unite the world under his rule causing many wars and Zagar decided to help some rebels.

However, once Verlaat became known as the "Fallen Sun," Zagar realized he was a threat to future of the world. In secret, Zagar began communicating with the Verlaat Resistance Faction. It is said that Verlaat witnessed Zagar doing so, and struck him down on the spot.

Source: http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/index.php/ ... of-folrart

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire