The Rise of Melt Banana!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: The Rise of Melt Banana!

Postby Ropey » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:44 am

I use Refugee in Melt Banana to do the same thing.You could call your file "Rotten Banana"lol
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Kemious » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:26 pm

And the omnisphere version of this would be?
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Shadow1798 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Ice Cream Sundae?
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby Ropey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 pm

I have a file that I,m constantly working on,but you have to take in too consideration the files that are most popular atm.
These being the last faction packs of course,with the exception of the Gowen one.Both the Gowen faction pks have sunk virtually without trace.With no help from Annarose's Sanctum,well if there was it wasn,t very good! As I have said elsewhere both the Gowen pks had good units.So this thread is for anyone seeking to give or take advice on how to make buying the said files worth while.

The file"Melt Banana" went through so may changes when the last faction pks came out I kind of lost it,s roots.As often happens with my files I over stretch them.When you fill a file with cards and grims for every eventuality It tends not to perform well overall,but I feel that,s the point of an Arena.You throw yourself in and fight for your life.It,s a pity the Arena tends to be full of grinders,but that,s the way the game is set up,and I except it.

@ Shadow1798 thx rofl

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Hows this working out there? I used to like melting the banana with a side of cups of dust.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 am

I,ve sunk a lot of time into a banana sundae file called "DEAD STAR" am happy with it at 50/50 and best is 10 straight wins!My record!Previous 6.

I.ve just found some old footage of the prototype Melt Banana.It shows BlackSunRx having a rough time using what looks to be Mid Red.

I was lev 80 now 126, and the replay shows me a lot of spare SP,add to that all the extra cards I have now and experience with destruction,and it could add up to a file that in the right hands will crush the mid Reds,and embarrass Big Red.

What makes it so strong is it,s versatility.It can be thrown into the arena and take on just about anything you are foolish enough to throw at it.Ok so it needs variants,customization
hybrids and tailoring for today's demanding players.But I assure you Gonfreece,It will have you in a cold sweat at it,s mere mention,when I turn it on the blue return monkeys!

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

I,ve been viewing my battle with Rx again, it is so fierce! I,m using a fire storm defended by magna golem with rock and lava raining hell on magna golem and Rx,s forces, using over soul to keep fire storm going.7 Lp from start! Rx 10.The open SS gives each player an equal SP boost.The file I,m using is very cheap,but as sneaky as a bag full of weasels!Later on the file includes the classics refugee and that armored bug.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Bag of weasles, huh?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Ropey » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 am

In the new Turbo limited edition Melt Banana brought out to commemorate set 10. I had lots of fun with the Gowen grim Inferno. Sorry I do have footage,but seems to be problem with my theatre.

Please tell me if the following works.....

https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 52b4c8c612

Ok, things seem fine with theatre.This battle does feature the burn mech,but it,s the opening that,s important.Notice I don,t use archer scout.This version"Monster Banana" was devised to work with the new Lava king Ex Bolbaron.It does not make use of Refess grims like the full Melt does,but was thrown together to test Bolbaron.I.m sorry that he is not in action in this footage will try and get some.You will also note boulder drop.Why does no one play this grim?I think I make a mistake at one point and hit Jerry,but killing you own forces(Friendly Fire?)* sometimes has a few advantages.

*We have always had the words friendly and fire in the English dictionary,but gentlemen please!Never together!
Last edited by Ropey on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 am

Ok destruction junkies time for an update.

New Ex card>High Lava Giant / Bolbaron

Lava Drop
Soul Do [damage: 60] to one enemy unit with a RNG of 1 or lower.Not a bad start I.m always looking for decent 2lp souls large files need them.However it does cost 1sp so is it worth that for the extra 10 damage it gives over similar souls?

Heat of the Earth
[conditional use/a friendly closed [subtype: monster] unit is on the field] Return a lvl 4 or higher [subtype: monster] from the Cemetery to your File, except this unit.With all the other cards that don,t seem to have such restrictions on them I think this is a shame,and a poor selection of monsters of lvl 4 or higher.I think this is mainly to get your Cyclops back.

Lava Clobber
Do [damage: AT X2] to one random enemy unit in range. This unit is engaged until the end of next turn.Again not bad if you have the forest of hate in play and with the forests skill of adding attack you may never need to risk it.Oh and it,s free.

Magma Wave
Do [damage: AT] to 1 random enemy in Area[1-4-7], Area[2-5-8] and Area[3-6-9]. Ok so this one costs 2sp,but I can see combos with Jerry and forest of hate.

The big question is will he replace Volcano Wyvern?

NO WAY! but fun to play.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum