Total War: Shogun 2

Video Games

Total War: Shogun 2

Postby Romdeau » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Did anyone else pick this up in the string of Steam sales? I bought it and am absolutely loving it, one of the most addicting strategy games I've played in a long time, but that's probably more because I'm a sucker for Japanese-culture oriented games. It's super in-depth, one of the few games where you really need to sit and think about each move-but it doesn't feel tedious!
Romdeau

Re: Total War: Shogun 2

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:29 pm

I played the first one, and it is probably one of the best "realistic" strategy games ever. Aside from sieges. Those were terrible. And some of the economy stuff.
LoneKnight

Postby Savin877 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm

I played the first one and the demo of the 2nd one. Fun game, but a bit too involved for my taste now as an old man. Want something that doesn't quite take as long to complete.
Savin877

Postby methebest » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 am

I've only played rome and medievil 2
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby fargone » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:33 pm

I have been ranting about this in chat for weeks.

Shogun2 is simply awesome sauce in ample supply on a good roll.

I have played almost all of the Total War Series, and I have enjoyed this one the most (maybe after the first medieval title). I am seriously considering getting the "Fall of the Samurai" stand-alone expansion.

The battles in Shogun2 are really very good. RTS but dont take all day. The controls are easy and intuitive. As someone mentioned earlier, the siege battle leave a bit to be desired, but can be short-cutted so the pc fights those battles if needed.

Anyone interested in grand strategy games would get some pleasure from this title.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Callonia » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Fall of the samurai is more better than Shogun 2.

Map way more bigger = more challenge. For once, ambushes was actually slightly relevant. I'm not sure but I think i saw a girl general in there on battlefield..

And i was actually pummeled pretty hard in fall of the samurai compared to shogun 2 even when I started as oda. Played as choshu and won but actually came pretty close to losing but I pulled off a few heroic wins or what npc would call, me pulling a jew moment in battlefields.

But there's stupid moments as well, I was all chilling on this nice hill, and this a band of spearmen want my hill and i was like no so they're like charge! And i'm like bang! And the next, they're running for the life. Sure, charge my rifleman on open territory. >.> Threw 3k+ spearmen in attempt to dislodge 1k which also had several royal marines in it. And they only killed like 150 soldiers across all my units. AI needs work in the area where they don't have any ranged units vs my rifleman.
Callonia

Return to Catherina's Play Room